cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to edit playlist

ItsStavBro
Local Performer

Is there a way to delete duplicates on a playlist (thumbs up for instance) and can you search for a song within a playlist specifically as opposed to Pandora's entire library

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Ering I moved your post to this thread since you need help editing one of your playlists.

You will actually need to delete any unwanted tracks from the playlist itself - not necessarily your entire collection.

To delete a song on your playlist from a mobile device:

To edit your playlists, go to My Collection and tap the name of the playlist you'd like to make changes to. Next, tap the Edit icon below the album art.

• To remove songs from your playlist, scroll down and press the circled 'x' to the left of the songs you would like to remove or swipe the track name from right to left. (Deleting songs from your custom playlists will not remove the original Thumb rating from your stations).

If you aren't able to edit your playlist, it may have been created by another listener and shared with you, or curated for you by Pandora. If that's the case, you'll need to make a copy of the playlist so that you can add, move or remove tracks.

To delete a song on your playlist from our website:

To edit your playlists, go to My Collection and tap the name of the playlist you'd like to make changes to.

• To remove songs from your playlist, select the ellipsis (three dots) next to the name of the track you'd like to delete. Select Remove from Playlist.

Hope this helps! 😄

View solution in original post

45 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ItsStavBro Nice to see you around the community. I'm happy to help answer your questions.

Searching for a song within a specific playlist:

While there isn't currently a way to do this, I recommend creating a 💡feature request for your suggestion. I'm sure this is something many other listeners would be interested in seeing as well.  

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Deleting duplicate tracks on a playlist:

You do have the ability to delete unwanted tracks from your customized playlists. 

To edit a playlist from a mobile device:

To edit your playlists, go to My Collection and tap the name of the playlist you'd like to make changes to. Next, tap the Edit icon below the album art.

• To remove songs from your playlist, scroll down and press the circled 'x' to the left of the songs you would like to remove or swipe the track name from right to left. (Deleting songs from your custom playlists will not remove the original Thumb rating from your stations).

• To adjust the order of your playlist, hold and drag the list icon on the right of the track title to the desired position.

• To rename your playlist, tap the current name then enter whatever you’d like to call it.

• Tap the Add Similar Songs button located at the bottom of your playlist if you need some assistance with building your playlist. Pandora will add songs that match the musical qualities of the tracks already in your playlist. You can re-order songs we've added or delete any unwanted songs.

If you aren't able to edit your playlist, it may have been created by another listener and shared with you, or curated for you by Pandora. If that's the case, you'll need to make a copy of the playlist so that you can add, move or remove tracks.

To edit a playlist from our website:

To edit your playlists, go to My Collection and tap the name of the playlist you'd like to make changes to.

• To remove songs from your playlist, select the ellipsis (three dots) next to the name of the track you'd like to delete. Select Remove from Playlist.

• To adjust the order of your playlist, hold and drag the list icon on the right of the track title to the desired position.

• To rename your playlist, tap the current name then enter whatever you’d like to call it.

• Tap the Add Similar Songs button located at the bottom of your playlist if you need some assistance with building your playlist. Pandora will add songs that match the musical qualities of the tracks already in your playlist. You can re-order songs we've added or delete any unwanted songs.

Hope this helps! 

jgonzalez0307
Local Performer

I have an Android phone and I'm running into the same issue on any song on any of my playlists. This also applies if I log into Pandora from my computer as well. I tired following the instructions given above but there are no "x" or delete options anywhere on the page.  On the app on my phone when I swipe from right to left it only gives me the option to give it a thumbs up or thumbs down. When I select the thumbs down it will disable the song, BUT it will not delete it. Appreciate any help. Please do not repeat the same instructions you have before because they do not work. Thank you. 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jgonzalez0307 I moved your post to this thread since it sounds like you needed instructions on how to delete songs within one of your created playlists.

The original thread you commented on provided instructions on how to delete stations and songs from your collection altogether. 

Check out my message above for steps on how to remove individual songs from your customized playlists.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Alabarge25
Local Performer

I somehow added whole albums to.my playlist but I cant figure.out how.to.delete the songs from the playlists?

mod edit: changing title for clarity and format

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for posting to community @Alabarge25!

From your mobile device, to edit the playlist content:

Go to My Collection and tap the name of the playlist you'd like to edit.

To remove individual songs, simply swipe the song title from right to left.

To delete multiple songs or to make any other changes to your playlist, tap the Edit icon below the album art.

• To remove songs scroll down and press the circled (X) to the left of the songs you would like to remove or swipe the track name left.
  • To rename your playlist, tap the current name.

If you're in Edit mode, tap Next (iOS) or Save (Android) to close out and save your changes. 

To edit the Thumbs on a playlist:

If this happened during your current listening session, all you need to do is un-Thumb the track. From your Now Playing screen tap the highlighted Thumb icon you'd like to remove.

If this happened in a previous session, you'll need to visit the playlist's "backstage page" to make that change.

Here's how to edit Thumbs from the backstage page:

1. From My Collection, filter your collection by Playlists.
  2. Tap on the name of the playlist you'd like to edit, this will take you directly to the station's backstage page.
  3. Swipe left on the track and tap on the highlighted Thumb icon you'd like to remove.

Thanks for being part of community! 🎧

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

brinigirl
Local Performer

This actually does not work to delete songs from a playlist. Any other suggestions 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @brinigirl thanks for posting. I moved your message over to an existing thread on this: How to edit playlist

Please check out @AdamPandora posted solution here for more steps on how to delete songs from a playlist.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Ering
Local Performer

Hi! I have done what was suggested above. I have a playlist with lots of albums and songs in it. I want to get a few songs from one album out of the playlist. I have"uncollected" that was easy however I can't get them out of the playlist. They are still playing regularly. I really don't like these songs and want them out of my go to playlist. I'm doing this on my mobile phone. Thanks

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Ering I moved your post to this thread since you need help editing one of your playlists.

You will actually need to delete any unwanted tracks from the playlist itself - not necessarily your entire collection.

To delete a song on your playlist from our website:

Hope this helps! 😄

Featman
Local Performer

I’ve created a playlist for an Anniversary gathering. I’m trying to change the playlist order to no avail. No matter where I press and drag, nothing happens. If I press on the song icon, I get a pop up detailing the song. 
I have an iPhone 8 Plus and an IPad Air. 
Please help! Need list soon!

thanks

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Featman

Thanks for posting! I moved your message over to an existing thread: How to edit playlist

Please take a look at @AdamPandora accepted solution for editing playlists on mobile and web here

If you continue to have trouble, let me know. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

LucyLuxe
Local Performer

I’m trying to delete a song from my thumbs up playlist/station. Another listener asked this question previously and someone told them to click the three dots then delete. However when I click the three dots there is no delete option. I can add to playlist, download or add to que. Does anyone else have this issue? I’m not sure if I need tech support or if I’m just not doing something right. Suggestions?

@LucyLuxe  good morning, if you know the artist and the song you want to be deleted, click on the artist station. Once it appears you will scroll down to see all of the songs that you had thumbed up. With your cursor hover over the time of the song (to the far right), three dots will appear, click on the dots, your delete option is at the very bottom. I hope this helps you. Take care and stay safe.  

MOHLovesAlaska
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@LucyLuxe It sounds like you may need instructions for editing your playlist from a mobile device.

Go to My Collection and tap the name of the playlist you'd like to edit.

To remove individual songs, simply swipe the song title from right to left.

To delete multiple songs or to make any other changes to your playlist, tap the Edit icon below the album art.

• To remove songs scroll down and press the circled (X) to the left of the songs you would like to remove or swipe the track name left.
  • To rename your playlist, tap the current name.

If you're in Edit mode, tap Next (iOS) or Save (Android) to close out and save your changes. 

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Cooljazzdave
Local Performer

Use to be able to delete songs off playlist...got a new phone and can no longer do it

0 Kudos

@Cooljazzdave you may have to sign completely out, then re-sign back in. That should, again I say should do the trick. Take care and stay safe.  

MOHLovesAlaska
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Cooljazzdave I moved your post over to this existing thread: How to edit playlist

Let me know if you continue to run into issues with this.

0 Kudos

Keysean2
Diamond in the Rough

Can I play from the bottom of a playlist 

@Keysean2 all you need to do is click on the song where you want to start from, but if you start at the bottom be sure to click on your repeat or shuffle options. Take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska