cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live version of track plays instead of studio version

LuluLunaria
Local Performer
  • Screenshot_20221005-104747_Pandora.jpg

this hasn't been the first time of pandora doing this to me, however I'm kind of sick of it happening. I was listening to my favorite playlist today when one of the best songs came on. However, it's not the original anymore... instead it plays the live version, and like no offense, but I'm not a fan of hearing people talking and screaming in the background or beginning of songs. So I go to look for the original and it still is added but now only radio??? What's the point of having pandora premium for years if songs keep popping off my playlist? Unlimited replays until they decide one day to remove and change songs. The whole point of getting away from Radio and switching to Pandora was to not have ads and to listen to your favorite songs as many times you want. I was fine paying for that for the longest time but now I think I'd rather go back fully to CDs... Wondering if anyone else has this issue or if there is a better option or way around this?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@LuluLunaria I've gone ahead and escalated your report to our curation team so they can further investigate.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

Schwiftiest1
Local Performer

I agree this is very annoying. It happens to me with a number of different songs and artists. For instance I just asked it to play My Cherie Amor and it plays a live version. It happens soo much that it prompted me to  do a google search to see if other people have the same problem.  I thought maybe I can change something in settings. Instead I found this thread.  This also happens with Lewis Capaldi a lot its annoying. Please pretty please fix. Or atleast add a way to ask for the original if a different version plays. Thank you. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Schwiftiest1 Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Also you mentioned you "ask it to play" a song - to clarify, are you using something like a Google Home or Amazon Alexa device to make those requests?
  4. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  5. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this.

0 Kudos