cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music listed under artist with similar name

MrsLB0813
Local Performer

Subnoize group Kingspade has another unaffiliated artist 'King Spade' under their artist profile. Can we get that fixed? I would like to listen to Kingspade Radio, but this guy's music keeps coming up. 😞

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
117 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for reporting, @IDM.

0 Kudos

quinn1005
Local Performer

"AlicebanD" and another unrelated artist "The Alice Band" are mixed together

"AlicebanD" only has 13 songs listed under it and all of them are from "AlicebanD" but "The Alice Band" has 45 songs listed and every album listed under this band besides "The Love Junk Store (Bonus Version)" is actually all albums from the artist "AlicebanD". It's really screwing with my station to have songs from a completely different genre pop up. Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@quinn1005 Thanks for reporting this!

0 Kudos

alioops
Local Performer

There are two artists that go by the name Caspian that are mixed into one when looking at the artist profile. 

https://www.pandora.com/artist/caspian/ARqqjg4p4z7JXc4

The bio and most of the albums listed are for this group: https://www.caspian.band/

but this artist's stuff is in there too: https://caspianc.bandcamp.com/

Thanks!

0 Kudos

BibleBlack
Local Performer

Hello Ronnie James Dio’s artist page has been taken over by another, newer artist by the name Dio. His photo and music are now mixed in with RJD’s music. How can we have this corrected and give the new artist his own page? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@BibleBlack Thank you for reporting!

0 Kudos

i_luv_reading16
Underground

A couple of tracks have been added to Fergie (the pop singer) when they should be attributed to Fergie (the DJ) 

Muzik (Single) 

Da Club (single) 

Da Club 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reporting, @i_luv_reading16.

0 Kudos

cherylstone_sc
Underground

Apparently there are 2 bands named Xenon. The first is an 80's metal band from Central NJ that I used to see in the clubs back in the day. There is a second band that are NOT my Jersey Boys. The bands listed under "fans also like" should be associated with the NJ band, not this one. The second band sounds nothing like 80's metal. Thank you!

Screenshot 2023-11-25 134103.png

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cherylstone_sc Thanks for reporting this!

0 Kudos

IDM
Opening Act

Under artist Biosphere (Geir Jenssen) from Norway. I found an album from an other band with same name in Biosphere (Geir Jenssen) releases. Please remove the following album the link is:

https://www.pandora.com/artist/biosphere-and-intel-music/lithography-vol-1-2/AL3w4xrwgVZq2qZ

The link provided is not a Biosphere (Geir Jenssen) release.

But an artist that goes by same name from Canada: biosphere (Henry Ho) from Canada

Please correct, Thank You.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reporting this, @IDM.

0 Kudos

Craigmack10304
Underground

https://pandora.app.link/zXyUJHXSjFb
This is def not the rapper Keith Murray

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Craigmack10304 Thank you for reporting this.

0 Kudos

Bullswimming
Underground

Josh White Christian singer vs. Josh White/Joshua White (Blues Singer) and the band "The Followers"

Josh White/Joshua White (blues singer) and Josh White (Christian Singer) that did a colab album with Josh Garrels got put under the same label as Josh/Joshua White (blues singer).

Josh/Joshua White (blue's singer) and Josh White (Christian Singer)  & Josh Garrels colab album got placed under same artist.Josh/Joshua White (blue's singer) and Josh White (Christian Singer) & Josh Garrels colab album got placed under same artist.

This album is called "Wounded Healer" by the band called "The Followers" but Josh White (Christian singer) is in the band but should be labeled "The Followers" as the artist.

This album is called "Wounded Healer" by the band called "The Followers" but Josh White (Christian singer) is in the bandThis album is called "Wounded Healer" by the band called "The Followers" but Josh White (Christian singer) is in the band

This album is called "The Followers" by the band called "The Followers" but Josh White (Christian singer) is in the band but should be labeled "The Followers" as the artist.

the f.png

Josh White (Christian singer) has Josh/Joshua White (blue's singer) photo.  

josh white.png

Brian
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Bullswimming Thanks for reporting this!

Bullswimming
Underground

@AdamPandora How long does it usually take to get mislabeled artists straightened out?

Brian
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Bullswimming Unfortunately, I am unable to provide any additional information or a timeline as to when you can expect to see this resolved. 

However, the info you've provided is helpful and I've made sure to pass it along. I've also made a note regarding your experience. 

Thanks very much for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

Bullswimming
Underground

What would you say average timeline is for artists to get labeled correctly?

Does Pandora label everything themselves or do you buy from a company that does metadata for you? If you buy from a company can 'Pandora' specifically change and edit metadata or does someone do that for you?

Thanks

Brian
0 Kudos