cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: 08/18/21 - Shuffle doesn't play songs from all selected stations

BySigningUp
Local Performer

I have 130+ stations in my collection - everything from African radio to opera, country, adult contemporary, Hawaiian, Korean, today's hits, hits for each decade, heavy metal, trap, etc. and still hear the same 15/20 songs multiple times in an eight hour work day. I deselected a few stations because it seemed like some artists played hourly - not a different song by the artist. The exact same song would repeat.

Hoped this thread would have the answer to the repetitiveness but no luck. 

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update 08/27/21:

Hi everyone. 👋🏽

The root cause of this specific issue was resolved by our engineering team.

I will be blocking this thread from future replies.

If you run into any other issues with shuffling your stations, please create a new thread for it here.

Thanks for being a part of the Community! 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
44 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@BySigningUp I created a new thread for your post since you are running into a separate issue.

Our engineers are aware of the issue with not all stations getting selected when shuffling, and are currently looking into it.

I went ahead and added your feedback to the ticket we have open with them so they can further investigate.

Thanks so much for your patience in the meantime as they work to find a fix. 🛠

scQue814
Diamond in the Rough

Is there a known problem with shuffle? Seems to be ignoring my station selections. 

Lis
Underground

It's been over a year, and the problem still hasn't been fixed. Shuffle is still playing a shuffle I set YEARS ago. I would really love to be able to shuffle my playlists, since that is a feature Pandora offers. 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@scQue814 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Shuffle doesn't play songs from all selected stations

Our engineering team is aware of this issue and currently looking into it.

I've added your feedback to the ticket we have open with them so they can further investigate.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Lis I moved your post over to this existing thread: Shuffle doesn't play songs from all selected stations

I've added your feedback to the ticket we have open with the engineers who are working on this issue.

0 Kudos

ericjalan
Local Performer

Hi Pandora. RUNNING OUT OF PATIENCE. Please knock on the engineers' door & tell them LOTS of users are dissatisfied with the promise of Pandora's "shuffle" option NOT being fulfilled. 

When are they going to fix this gaffe?

carolpearsall
Local Performer

Previously I could cut off Christmas music from my shuffle stations and then put them back on when Christmas time came.  Now, I cannot find how to do this anymore and recently Christmas music is playing on my shuffle often?  I have now just removed all my Christmas stations and will plan to add them back at Christmas time but just wondering why this has changed?  I have been a Pandora listener since it first began and don't find this discontinuation of choosing which stations to shuffle to be easy to handle?  Please advise.  Thanks.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@carolpearsall I moved your post over to this existing thread: Shuffle doesn't play songs from all selected stations

I've added your feedback to the ticket we have open with the engineers who are working on this issue.

Thanks for your patience as they continue to look into this. 🤝

0 Kudos

wendelenn
Local Performer

I am having the same trouble, on a windows PC. It says shuffle on but there is no way to toggle it on or off. I can't tell whether it's actually on! If it is on, it isn't working because it only plays one of my stations.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@wendelenn I moved your post over to this existing thread: Shuffle doesn't play songs from all selected stations

0 Kudos

scQue814
Diamond in the Rough

To clarify, I believe the issue I am experiencing is two-fold.  I only recently began experiencing what Lis (above) seems to be experiencing: it's been just over a week, and when I set my shuffle, it will successfully "stick" for a bit, but then will revert to a shuffle pattern from 3 days prior.  And I'll wake up the next day and it will be set to a completely different set of stations from the last session.  (One day, I woke up to all my stations being engaged in shuffle mode... EXCEPT ABOUT FIVE?!)  I'd reset it to my liking and it would be fine for 2 hours and then change again. To top it off, my stations will be in a different order in the shuffle list.  (This indicates to me that someone was listening to individual stations outside of my previous sessions.)  I have 3 devices on which I listen:  phone (Android), home desktop (Windows desktop app), and work laptop (Apple desktop app).  I recently changed my password just in case my account had been hacked.  (Perhaps the "fiddling" is a result of engineers looking into my ticket?) 

[On the Android app, you also have not given us back the ability to alphabetize the shuffle list, which is super difficult to scroll through when you're trying to find a station to engage in the shuffle.]

In addition--and this may be a separate issue, I'm not sure--over the past year or so, the stations in shuffle mode will only play a handful of songs.  Previously, every station every day was like "discover mode", and it was WONDERFUL.  Once you introduced the different station modes, the music selection became stagnant--even in shuffle mode.  It was almost to the point that I could predict what songs would play in which order when a certain set of stations would be engaged in the shuffle.  (How did the Music Genome Project start to become so much more like mainstream radio in regards to repetition???)  Please, PLEASE, get back to Pandora's roots.

Thank you, "Adam".

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the additional feedback, @scQue814.

I will make sure to pass this along to our engineering team as well.

In regards to an unauthorized user accessing your account, I'm happy to take some steps on my end to help make sure your account is secure.

I've gone ahead and removed all the devices associated with your Pandora account. This will automatically sign you out everywhere including any devices you currently have, so you will need to sign back in once this change takes effect. Please be patient as this may not happen instantaneously.

Thanks again for your patience as our engineering team continues to look into the shuffle issue.

0 Kudos

ericjalan
Local Performer

Hi Administrator:

When I posted here to point out Pandora's shuffle function doesn't work -- I didn't expect to receive daily email updates. Please remove my email from any alerts on this board. Thx.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ericjalan You can adjust your notification settings by clicking on your avatar in the right hand corner of the screen, selecting My Subscriptions, and then Notification Settings:

Screen Shot 2021-07-20 at 10.23.54 AM.png

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

GBlack333
Local Performer

I have the same issue. Finally started to get irritating. I have over 50 stations in my list. Each one if I listened to them has at least 10 songs and probably over 20.

But I notice that when I shuffle stations, i always hear the same songs. I should rarely hear the same songs if it truly shuffled.

And reading the tech support comments in this has already infuriated me. Terrible. Is there a fix or not? Cause I can go back to another music streaming service no problem. Don't ask me to give you what kind of device etc... As you can see from multiple people commenting on this it happens across devices and platforms.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@GBlack333 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Shuffle doesn't play songs from all selected stations

0 Kudos

JoshBranJones
Diamond in the Rough

Hi @AdamPandora 

It’s been weeks! Do you have an estimated timeline on when this bug will be fixed? Is this so difficult to repair? Anything we can do?

-Sincerely, a Pandora loyalist who’s been exclusively using Shuffle every day for the past decade.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JoshBranJones I definitely understand your frustration.

Unfortunately, our engineering team is still looking into this issue.

I've gone ahead and your comments to the ticket we have open with them.

We appreciate you voicing your feedback, and as well your patience with this in the meantime. 

0 Kudos

JoshBranJones
Diamond in the Rough

About how long does it usually take for the engineering team to correct bugs like this? A matter of Days? Of weeks? Months?

Not asking for any exact dates, just for a loose generalized idea to expect.