cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED 09/15/21: Customized playlist replaces explicit tracks with clean versions

AgentOctopus
Underground

Pandora keeps changing my explicit Hamilton playlist to clean, how can I stop that? I specifically created a playlist with the explicit songs and after several weeks it changed to clean versions? I get this issue with stations but a curated playlist should be different. 

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
26 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Bobbytony I'm happy to look into this.

To clarify, does this occur after you add that track to one of your customized playlists? If so, what is the name of the playlist that track is on?

Additionally, can you please do me a favor and send me a screenshot of the track?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Bobbytony
Underground

Hello Adam, 

It looks like I have the explicit version in my songs section, but the clean version in two playlists, Gusta and Shred It. The song gets changed when I put it in the playlists. 

Here is a picture. Thank you!

2767543C-1F28-4011-A761-8E58AF68FF1A.png

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up, @Bobbytony

I moved your post into this thread since you are running into a similar issue: Customized playlist replaces explicit tracks with clean versions

I have added your feedback to the ticket we have open with the engineers who are looking into this.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

Chadakers
Local Performer

I am also having this problem with astronaut in the Ocean. It plays a few times in my playlist as explicit then changes to the clean version next time I use the playlist

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Chadakers  I've sent your feedback over to our engineers.

I know this has been a frustrating issue, and I can assure you we are working on a resolution.

We really appreciate your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Chadakers  I've sent your feedback over to our engineers.

I know this has been a frustrating issue, and I can assure you we are working on a resolution.

We really appreciate your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update - 09/15/21:

Hi, everyone. 👋🏽

Our engineering team believes this issue is now resolved.

The only caveat is that you will need to re-add the correct explicit tracks to your customized playlists, and then remove the unwanted censored versions that are currently on there.

If the new explicit tracks you add to your playlist end up switching back to a censored version, please make sure to reply back to this thread and let us know.

Thanks!

0 Kudos