cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Station Repetition

asdfblah
Local Performer

I've had Pandora for a long time and the algorithm on my account is totally busted. Stations play the same few songs over and over and even play them on totally different stations that they should not be on. I used to use Pandora to hear new music I havent heard before but that's not happening anymore, it's the same stuff over and over and I can't escape those songs even when going to another station. 

How do I start fresh?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
22 Replies

Pepper
Local Performer

I am having exactly the same experience. I have listened to Pandora since it was the music genome project (beta). It has exposed me to literally dozens of new artists.....music that I never would have heard otherwise. Now, Pandora seems to be the same as YouTube  - it only offers me music that I have thumbs up'd. Over and over. The original Pandora algorithm that offered me new music based on the characteristics of songs I have previously liked seems to no longer exist. Did Google buy Pandora? 

I cannot find ANY way at all to ADD songs or artists.....and the only way i can experience new music is to use the explore option....which in no way seems to offer ANY music that i like at all - i skip 9/10 songs that are offered. Boo.

There is sooo much music out now, it is impossible to sift through it all. I am grieving the loss of the original Pandora algorithm. 

No add variety button exists 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Pepper I moved your post over to this existing thread: Station Repetition

Check out the accepted solution if your station is getting too repetitive.

You should be able to add additional songs or artists to your station as variety as long as it isn't one of our curated genre stations.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

bertdonaldson
Local Performer

Hi Pandora,  I've been a non-paying listener for many years on my "Fats Domino Radio" and "SPARX Radio" and I love what you're doing.  I have the same questions  that a lot of the others have regarding repetition, but I can't complain.  For example, I thumbs upped "Raunchy" by Billy Vaughn several years ago, and it plays often - OK.   That version was in Billboard's Top 10 at the same time as 2 other versions, Bill Justis's and Ernie Freeman's, but you never play those for me.  Is it because 1 version is enough, or you don't have those other 2?

0 Kudos