cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stations Don't Work with Premium Session

stllrcckn
Local Performer

I have multiple channels. I've listened for free for years. I just signed on to Premium. Now I cannot get my channels to play. Wazzup?

mod edit: changed title for clarity

0 Kudos
2 Replies

@stllrcckn have you tried to completely sign off, then closing out Pandora, then restart and signing back in?? If not, then please try doing so. Take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @stllrcckn. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this. Great ideas, @MOHLovesAlaska 👍

I do see that you currently have a Plus subscription. However, I do see that you have initiated a complimentary session of Premium recently. Here's more information about how these sessions work: Premium Sessions

With Premium, you're still able to listen to your stations. In the past, free listeners and Plus subscribers were only able to look for artists and tracks in order to create radio stations. We've updated your experience so that you have the ability to listen to content on-demand, without being a Premium subscriber.

• If you search for and select the name of an artist, or track, or album, you should be brought to a "backstage page" where you can either create a radio station or press play.
  • If you press play you indicate that you'd like to listen to that content right away (or "on-demand"). Since only Premium subscribers can listen on-demand, you will either see an ad for Premium, or be prompted to watch a video ad to unlock a complimentary session of Premium.
  • Keep in mind that upgrading to Premium or accepting a complimentary session of Premium is completely optional; you can close the ad and we'll create a station for you to listen to instead (if one is available).

Should you decide to accept a complimentary session of Premium, rest assured that you won't be billed; because the additional cost of these sessions is covered by the advertisement, your account will return to your regular service automatically when the session expires, and you won't be charged any Premium fees.

If you enjoy your Pandora Premium Session and would like to officially upgrade your account visit https://pandora.com/upgrade

I hope this information is helpful. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.09.24)