cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stations

Kallgal
Local Performer

I have a wide variety of music styles and I like to create different play lists for each. 
40's, 50's, disco, jazz etc etc

it seems when I make a playlist of say "Jazz" it is starting to add in songs from my other playlists like "disco". 

I want it to stay genre specific that's why I create different ones on the first place. 
How do I remedy this? 

thanks 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

TannerPandora

Hi @Kallgal 

Welcome to community!

I believe you may mean Stations, versus playlists. Because of this I moved your post over to our My Collection Board.

If you have a specific station that you're having trouble with, I'm happy to take a look. Let me know the station name.

In the meantime, I would try these tips to help refine and customize your stations to further help improve your experience.

• Review your station. When stations are playing songs that may be out of place, or songs that aren't fitting within that station's sound, you should check your station definition and edit any Thumb ratings or seeds that may be adversely affecting the playlist.

• Use Thumb freely. Thumb ratings tell us everything about the kinds of music you want to hear. If you have a reaction to a song, let us know! This will give us a better idea of what to play next. Keep in mind, thumbing down a track counts as a skip.

• Switch it up. Don't be afraid to make changes. If your station is repetitive, first try our Add Variety feature. If you get sick of a track but don't want to completely ban it, you can also put it on the shelf for a while by choosing "I'm tired of this track." In some cases, it might actually help to remove Thumbs Up ratings in the station definition to mix things up.
  • Sometimes it's best to make a fresh station. If you feel like you can't get the right station experience starting a fresh station can be the best option. It may be helpful to create your new stations based on your favorite track versus artist, or vice versa depending on the experience you're looking for.
    You can also use Browse or For You to view station and playlist suggestions picked just for you. 

• Try Modes! Listen using Pandora Modes. When listening from a computer, a mobile device, or the Sonos app, you can access Pandora Modes to customize your station experience. You can pick different modes like Crowd Faves, Discovery and Deep Cuts.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos