cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracks in playlists replaced with different versions

CurlyTaurus
Local Performer

I keep adding "Who Want Smoke?" to one of my Playlists and within a day or two it is REPLACED by another song, same beat but different Artist, different Title. Just happened again for the 10th time.. It's super aggravating.. Please help! 

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
33 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@CurlyTaurus What is the name of your playlist where that track continues to get replaced?

Also, is it only the audio that changes (but still appears to be the correct track), or is the track replaced with a completely different version?

Lastly if you can try reproducing this, can you please send me a screenshots of:

• the correct track showing in your playlist
  • the incorrect track that it gets replaced with

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Keysean2
Diamond in the Rough

The song 4 my town by birdman ft drake & lil Wayne i keep saving in my thumbs up always getting changed to the same song but without Wayne verse

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Keysean2 What is the name of the playlist you are saving that track to when it changes?

Also, the next time it happens, can you please send me a screenshot of the now playing screen when it is playing the incorrect track?

0 Kudos

Keysean2
Diamond in the Rough

My thumbs up 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up, @Keysean2.

The next time it happens, can you please send me a screenshot of the now playing screen when it is playing the incorrect track?

Thanks again for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Amoon502
Local Performer

This is happening to me as well. I created a Playlist based around Sail by Awolnation but the song keeps changing to Sail by Mark someone or another. Why?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Amoon502 What is the name of the playlist you created when you run into this issue?

Also to clarify, did you add the song Sail by Awolnation to this playlist, however over time the version you added will change to a different version?

And then you will have to go back, delete the wrong version, and then re-add the correct version you want on your playlist?

Feel free to send me a screenshot of what you are seeing as well if you think that would help.

0 Kudos

Amoon502
Local Performer
Screenshot below. I set the Playlist up using the awolnation version. Then the next time I go back to my Playlist its replaced with the Mark Midnight version, everytime I correct it.Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Amoon502 Can you please try attaching your screenshot one more time?

You won't be able to add the image via email.

In order to add an image, you will need to open this thread via a web browser, and click on the camera icon in the Reply box:

Screen Shot 2021-10-15 at 7.01.34 AM.png

Thanks again for working with me on this.

0 Kudos

Amoon502
Local Performer

Screenshot below. I set the Playlist up using the Aeolnation version. Then the next time I go in its changed to the Mark Midnight version. I HATE that version. No matter how many times I correct it, it keeps switching back to the Mark Midnight version.

Screenshot_20211015-093659_Pandora.jpg

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Amoon502 I've gone ahead and escalated your report to our engineering team so they can further investigate.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

LRock36
Local Performer

Hello,

I have a few playlists I like to listen to, but songs in them keep changing to different versions. Like "Sandstorm" by Darude changes to "Sandstorm" by Ibiza Bassheads, or "Broken (feat. Amy Lee)" by Seether to "Broken" by Seether. There are multiple other songs this happens to and it is okay when a certain song goes from something like the original to a 20-something remaster (because they don't sound different, much), but it changes the artists of the song or just completely changes the song (like the Broken & Sandstorm examples given). This is really annoying, please fix if you can. Thank you!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@LRock36 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Tracks in playlists replaced with different versions

What is the name of the playlist you are saving those tracks to when they change?

Also,, can you please send me some screenshots of the tracks that have been replaced?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

salem1195
Local Performer

My Pandora has been doing this lately. It's only in 1 playlist and it's kinda irritating haha I'll delete the imposter song off my playlist and save it, re-add the original song and the next day the imposter song will be right there, in the playlist, in the same exact spot as the original song. Weirdest thing... for me it's this guy Rockwilder and he replaces the Christina Aguilera songs on my playlist haahaha today his version replaced Diirty and by tomorrow his version will replace Lady Marmalade, I guarantee it!

Screenshot_20220203-212111.png

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@salem1195 I've gone ahead and escalated your report to our engineering team so they can further investigate.

0 Kudos

LRock36
Local Performer

Sorry for the late reply...

The playlist that it happens to most frequently is my "Techno/Instrumental Playlist". Lately it has been with the songs: Sandstorm by Darude & Everytime We Touch by Cascade. They change to the ones shown in the screenshot provided of the playlist and should be the two collected songs I have in the other screenshot I took.

This also happens sometimes to other songs in my playlists like Broken (feat. Amy Lee) by Seether changing to Broken by Seether (minus Amy Lee), but the Techno/Instrumental Playlist is of the most frequent offender.

Thank you for your help!

The songs they should beThe songs they should bePlaylist Screenshot of wrong songsPlaylist Screenshot of wrong songs

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@LRock36 Thanks for following up.

I've gone ahead and escalated your report to our engineering team so they can further investigate.

0 Kudos

Rayh
Local Performer

A question. There is a version of a song that I prefer, and I keep adding it to my playlist, and each time, it does get added. Then within 1-2 days, it gets switched to a different version which I do not prefer. Has this happened to anyone else, and what might be the reason? Neither song is Radio Only.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Rayh Nice to see you around the Community. 👋🏽

Please send me:

• the name of the track/artist this happens with
  • the name of the playlist this happens on
  • a screenshot of:
    • the correct track showing in your playlist
    • the incorrect track that it gets replaced with

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝