cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to make shared station your own

modanny1
Local Performer

I'm trying to share a station with my friend, but the link just creates a new station for them from my original seed. It doesn't transfer the thumbed up tracks. I'm pretty sure I'm following the directions correctly

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@IslandMacGuy To clarify, what page are you brought to after clicking on that link?

Would it be possible to send me a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
49 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for your post, @modanny1! I moved it to My Collection to keep the community neat and tidy.

Shared stations are stations created by other Pandora listeners.

If you share a station with someone else, all of your Thumbs feedback and updates for that station will carry over to that person's account.

If the person you shared the station with gives a Thumbs Up or Down to a song, they'll be asked whether they want to make this station their own. If they say yes, then the station will no longer be a shared station, and they will be able to customize the copied station from their account.

However, your original station will not be modified as a result.

++

If this individual isn't making the station their own by providing thumb feedback, our User Support team would be happy to take a deeper look at their account here.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

lwucla
Local Performer

The lack of concurrent license features on Pandora is beyond frustrating. I'm sure it's due to licensing requirements but it is insanely frustrating. I'd like to be able to listen to my Pandora at the office, in the car and at home without stealing it if my family at home is listening or a few coworkers at work are listening. I understand this isn't possible. So you got me. I upgraded to the Pandora Premium Family Account and paid the extra money for the workaround. I am now trying to share stations. I created a second account with new user/pw. Invited myself to my family plan. Joined. Is there any way to copy an entire library collection to the new user? I have tried to share a station by station by emailing the link. I have logged out of both browsers. I have tried logging in. It only copies it over when i am completely logged out of both browsers and both profiles. But when I log in to my "new" user profile. The station disappears. Help - i'm going nuts and ready to cancel this service and move all my music to my spotify or amazon music accounts.

alishaljoe
Local Performer

Hi,

I shared a station, but they don't see "YES" when trying to make the station their own.

image.png

TannerPandora

@alishaljoe Thanks for posting to community! 🎧What happens after you press 'Continue'? Is there any type of error message?

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

blues-sevenfold
Diamond in the Rough

I tried doing the same thing. You don't get any kind of message after clicking "continue". Nothing happens. You're stuck with a station based on the seed artist that you have no control over.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks @blues-sevenfold for letting me know. Can you and @alishaljoe give me an example of the stations that you're having trouble with? I'd like to pass this on for further investigation. 

Thank you for your help! 🎧

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

blues-sevenfold
Diamond in the Rough

Avenged Sevenfold Radio from my mother's account.

Here is my own Avenged Sevenfold Radio.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks @blues-sevenfold - can you ensure that both your Pandora profile and your Mother's are set to public and try sending again?

@alishaljoe would you mind trying this too? 

Let me know if this makes a difference when trying to share your station. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

blues-sevenfold
Diamond in the Rough

Just checked. Both of ours are public!

My account ~ Avenged Sevenfold Radio

Her account ~ Avenged Sevenfold Radio

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for checking on that for me @blues-sevenfold 

@blues-sevenfold @alishaljoe I'm going to go ahead and report this to our engineers for further investigations. 🤓We appreciate your patience in the meantime. ❤️

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

TannerPandora

Hi @lwucla thanks for posting to community. I've moved your post to this thread because it sounds like you're having a similar issue with sharing stations. 

Sincere apologizes for any trouble this has caused. I definitely can understand your frustration with this. We are currently investigating this issue, I've gone ahead and passed your info along to our engineers. 

We appreciate your patience in the meantime. ❤️🎧

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

hakunaMarotta
Local Performer

I thumbs-upped some songs on a shared station, but each time I just see the modal asking to convert it to my own (which I would like to do), but when I hit "continue", nothing happens. I noticed the following 400 error in the dev console:

{"message":"Transformed station id: 4363083170992385006 has no valid seeds!","errorCode":0,"errorString":"SERVER_ERROR"}

convert_shared_station_error.png

TannerPandora

Hi @hakunaMarotta thanks for posting to community! I've moved your post to the following thread because it sounds like you're having trouble with shared stations. 

We are aware of this issue and are working on it. I've gone ahead and passed your info along to our engineers. 

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!❤️

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

jason9343
Local Performer

Hello, I have Pandora Family premium. I shared one of my playlists to a family member in our family plan and they can see/hear the station just fine, just can't thumb up/down. When they first try to thumb a song, they get a message saying they will take control of it, which is fine, but then we get an error saying "something went wrong" and the thumbing fails. Any ideas on what is happening? Below are some screenshots: 

Annotation 2019-11-22 222857.jpg

Annotation 2019-11-22 222857.jpg

TannerPandora

Hi @jason9343 thanks for posting to community! I've moved your post to this thread because it sounds like you're having a similar issue. 

We are aware of this issue and are working on it. Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

mam89c
Local Performer
Having the same issue. I'm trying to move several stations from my wife's account to my own. Both of us have Pandora Premium. I was able to share the stations into mine, but I'm unable to "claim" them by upping the songs. It prompts for confirmation, which I click yes. Then, after several minutes a pop-up saying : "Something has gone wrong. We're working on this issue, and we'll have things back to normal soon." This feature is the biggest reason why we've kept with Pandora. I would hate to lose the stations I've been listening to for years because of this error!

vladanian
Local Performer

I'm having exactly the same issue. We just upgraded to a family account, and we need this feature to work.

Joe333x
Local Performer
Any update on this. This issue is extremely frustrating, no way to make a shared station you own anymore, it has worked in the past. This is has been going on for months now, how long does it take to fix a simple bug?

burnabout
Local Performer

@TannerPandora wrote:

Hi @jason9343 thanks for posting to community! I've moved your post to this thread because it sounds like you're having a similar issue. 

We are aware of this issue and are working on it. Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

How long is this "fix" going to take? My wife travels for a living so I ended up getting a new account for the house, with the intention of transferring my staions to the new account. I've been a loyal customer since the early 2000's before it was even called "Pandora". So needles to say aI have quite a few staions that have been meticulously curated. Total fail. I will be leaving Pandora after a 10 year relationship that, until the recent aquisition by sirius xm was a joy.