cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to play full playlist while on Premium Access

hking410
Local Performer

when I chose to play my thumbs up collection it doesn't play all the way through the list.  it dings after say 10 or so songs then goes back to previous station that was playing. 

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@hking410 It looks like your account is currently set up with Pandora Plus.

The ability to listen to on demand content (including your My Thumbs Up playlist) is only an option when upgrading to Pandora Premium.

It looks like you enabled a complimentary session of Pandora Premium, which allows you to interact with an ad in order to listen to content on-demand.

Because these sessions are funded by advertisements, your account reverted back to your regular service automatically at the end of the session.

This would explain why you weren't able to make it through the full playlist - your account reverted back to Pandora Plus when the session was over.

Hope this helps explain!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@hking410 It looks like your account is currently set up with Pandora Plus.

The ability to listen to on demand content (including your My Thumbs Up playlist) is only an option when upgrading to Pandora Premium.

It looks like you enabled a complimentary session of Pandora Premium, which allows you to interact with an ad in order to listen to content on-demand.

Because these sessions are funded by advertisements, your account reverted back to your regular service automatically at the end of the session.

This would explain why you weren't able to make it through the full playlist - your account reverted back to Pandora Plus when the session was over.

Hope this helps explain!

0 Kudos

etuhuti
Local Performer

Hey everyone why does Pandora keep stopping playlists when it's not even two or three songs even if you're interacting with the songs on the app?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@etuhuti I moved your post over to this existing thread: Unable to play full playlist while on Premium Access

The ability to play on demand content (including playlists) is only an option when upgrading to Pandora Premium.

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for more info.

Hope this helps explain.

0 Kudos

A-toon
Local Performer

I’ve had various iPhones (currently iPhone 13), and I’ve always had the issue of playlists stopping after about 5 songs. Everything else seems to work fine. I really wish I could fix this problem, especially since I’m a premium member now. Thanks 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@A-toon Nice to see you around the Community.

It looks like your account is currently upgraded to Pandora Plus.

The ability to listen to a full playlist is only an option when upgrading to Pandora Premium.

This would explain why you weren't able to make it through the full playlist - your account reverted back to your regular service when the session was over.

Hope this helps explain!

0 Kudos

Deamonkinn
Local Performer

Hello I'm having the same issue. I am on my Samsung S22 phone running the app. After about 7 songs off my thumbs up Playlist the app switches to something else. I have over 200 songs on the thumbs up Playlist. 

I would like it to play my thumbs up Playlist random songs. I checked my settings. I do not have auto play turned on and I deleted all my other channels. 

TomC

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Deamonkinn I moved your post over to this existing thread: Unable to play full playlist while on Premium Access

The ability to play on demand content (including playlists) is only an option when upgrading to Pandora Premium.

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for more info.

Hope this helps explain.

0 Kudos

Nc3
Local Performer

Why don't my playlist play completely if I put it on to play

Thanks for the help 

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Nc3 It looks like your account is currently set up with the free service.

The ability to listen to a full playlist is only an option when upgrading to Pandora Premium.

This would explain why you weren't able to make it through the full playlist - your account reverted back to the free service when the session was over.

Hope this helps explain!

0 Kudos