Local Performer

I want to know how to link pandora to my eco dot

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @Lexus0113 thanks for posting to community!

Here's how to set up Pandora on Amazon Alexa on a mobile device:

1. Tap Profile > Settings (the gear icon in the top right) > Link with Alexa.
  2. When prompted to listen with Alexa, select Connect Now.
  3. You'll be taken to the Alexa app to select Link and to enable the Pandora skill. (If you do not have the Alexa app installed you will need to enter your Amazon account login and password first).
  4. Finish by selecting Got it!
  5. Return to the Music settings to set Pandora as your Default Music Library and Default Station.

To group a set of Alexa-enabled devices together, follow these instructions on Amazon's help site.

If you need further assistance, you can reach out to the Amazon support team directly.

Thanks again for posting to community. 🎧

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Lexus0113 thanks for posting to community!

Here's how to set up Pandora on Amazon Alexa on a mobile device:

1. Tap Profile > Settings (the gear icon in the top right) > Link with Alexa.
  2. When prompted to listen with Alexa, select Connect Now.
  3. You'll be taken to the Alexa app to select Link and to enable the Pandora skill. (If you do not have the Alexa app installed you will need to enter your Amazon account login and password first).
  4. Finish by selecting Got it!
  5. Return to the Music settings to set Pandora as your Default Music Library and Default Station.

To group a set of Alexa-enabled devices together, follow these instructions on Amazon's help site.

If you need further assistance, you can reach out to the Amazon support team directly.

Thanks again for posting to community. 🎧

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

herman
Local Performer

how do i enable skills on Pandora so Echo dot will play songs from Pandora.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @herman I've moved your message to this thread to help keeps things organized. Sounds like you may need some help enabling Pandora as your default music provider on your Dot. 

You can check out my post above for steps on how to set-up your Pandora on your Dot, if you haven't already done so. 

To ensure that Pandora is set as the default, visit the Music settings and be sure to set Pandora as your Default Music Library and Default Station.

Hope this helped. Thanks for posting to community! 🎧

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

ceberhard1
Local Performer

Where do I find the activation code to link phone ap Pandora to Echo

Moderator Edit: Format

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @ceberhard1! Thanks for posting.

I moved your message over to an existing thread for activating Alexa devices: Linking Pandora with Amazon Alexa

Check out the accepted solution above for steps on how to activate your Alexa device. 

Thanks for being part of community. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Spectralblue
Local Performer

This is for a phone, not a PC!  It is not applicable.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Spectralblue I moved your post over to this existing thread: Linking Pandora with Amazon Alexa

Check out the accepted solution for instructions on how to set up Pandora on your Alexa device.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

lsl
Local Performer

There's been much written about the Alexa-Pandora connection.  Here's what Finally worked for me:

I could not get Alexa to successfully link to my Pandora account like so many others.  I read, and re-read numerous posts; tried everything said at least twice!  With no luck.  Finally!  With thoughts of returning the device to Amazon, the best way turned out to be a these four steps.

First, was to update Pandora on the device that has the Alexa app.

Second, logged into Pandora, I selected Profile, Settings.  There was an Alexa choice to link the account. I chose that and made it the default (which means I can say “Alexa, Play [station name] Radio”  (no need to say ‘Pandora’)

Third, back in the Alexa app, I ‘disabled’ the Pandora Skill, then re-enabled it to link – which it ‘read’ linked to the account.  But – it would fail when I tried to use it on command and default to Amazon Music, and would offer me an upgrade to Amazon Music Unlimited.

Fourth (and finally), as a Prime member with access to Amazon Music Prime, I realized that I was getting commercials and offers to upgrade to Amazon Music Unlimited .  That’s when I thought that the account I was logged into was a secondary family account, and not the main account where the devices are registered. 

So I asked “Alexa, who’s account am I logged into?” to confirm.  Then I said, “Alexa, switch accounts”.  It then switched to the main account.  The commercials and offers are gone (Yes!) and Pandora is properly linked. 

I hope this helps.  –lsl