cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Alexa: Playback stops

bobblpix
Local Performer

I'm having the same problem. What's the solution?

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
46 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @bobblpix! Thanks for posting to community, sorry to hear you're having trouble listening to Pandora on your Alexa. 

Can you let me know the model of your Alexa device?

Do you happen to use a network level ad blocker such as AdGuard Home, Pi-hole, or an eero router? If so, please try adjusting your settings to allow ads from Pandora or trying adding "delivery-cdn-cf.adswizz.com" to an allow-list.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

MolinaFamily
Local Performer

This is a real problem. Just installed Eero in my house and it’s now only playing one song at a time.  I have a Pandora subscription as well that never plays ads.  How do we solve this. 

brianl831
Local Performer

Lately Alexa keeps knocking out play after 1-3 songs, and I have to get my phone and re-hit play and the part of the house.  And NO, I can't speak to Alexa as she continues to "play dumb" and either start a new Pandora station for me or give me something similar from Amazon music.

TannerPandora

Hi @brianl831! Thanks for posting your experience to community. 

Sounds like playback is stopping on your Alexa so I merged your messaging into an existing thread here

I've enabled a trace on your account and reported your experience to our engineering team. In the meantime, please try the following troubleshooting steps to see if they will help. 

1. Check to see if there are any updates available for your Alexa and Pandora apps. Update both as necessary.
  2. Restart your Alexa device by unplugging the power source and plugging it back in.
  3. Try unlinking and relinking your Pandora account via the Alexa app.

Additionally, if you use a network level ad blocker such as AdGuard Home, Pi-hole, or an Eero router try  try adjusting your settings to allow Pandora or trying adding "delivery-cdn-cf.adswizz.com" to an allow-list even if you're upgraded to an ad-free subscription. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

raysooch
Underground

I am having the same issue. I have done all of the steps above multiple times...they help for a couple days, then the problem starts over again. Please fix!

TannerPandora

Hi @raysooch! Thanks for posting.

I enabled a trace on your account to help investigate. Can you let me know the date and time this happens again. 

Since you've done the troubleshooting steps already and they haven't help, I don't have anything new to recommend. However, I can pass along your info and experience to our engineering team to look into. 

Let me know!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

raysooch
Underground
At 14:28 Central 29 October 2021…Pandora abruptly stopped playing on my Echo Dot…this is a common occurrence. The other occurrence that usually happens is that when I ask Alexa to start playing my station, it tells me it cannot connect at this time. Usually I can repeat the request 2 or 3 times, and it will eventually start playing.
Ray

Sent from Smallbiz Yahoo Mail for iPad

raysooch
Underground

It just happened again at 15:56pm Central…Pandora abruptly stopped playing.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @raysooch - thanks for following up. 

I checked out the trace log but unfortunately didn't see anything unusual on my end. I've gone ahead and created a ticket to pass along to our engineering team for further investigation. 

Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

raysooch
Underground
It just happened again 5 November 2021 at 3:01pm Central.

Sent from Smallbiz Yahoo Mail for iPad
0 Kudos

raysooch
Underground

It just happened again, 12 November 2021, at 1:20pm. This time, when I attempt to start Pandora on my Echo Dot, Alexa tells me "sorry, I am having trouble...please try it in a little while"...this is getting very frustrating. And from my research, this issue has been around for months, if not longer, and for many people. Please fix this issue.

0 Kudos

Devonc10
Local Performer

This has been going on for months now and no resolution. I have spend days unpairing, and readding echo's. Giving all of the static IP's making sure they add correctly and that they are in the correct groups, rebooting them. This is the main reason I have 8 of these **ahem** things is to be able to use the multi room music and pandora premium. If this is not going to work I will go over to google. 

Moderator Edit: Format

0 Kudos

MG714
Underground

I have been have the same issues and tried the multiple “fixes” to no avail.   This is ridiculous.   

0 Kudos

Devonc10
Local Performer

I did find mine was a combination of things. First was that yes, pandora was down..... Second was that my Unifi FlexHD access point was randomly reassigning hosts ip's. So bad on me for that one. After I resolved the issue with the two things, its been working great. It still stops randomly, but now its all on Pandora. I have fixed and am monitoring the unifi network pretty tight. In the last two days I have had two issues where it suddenly stops. 

0 Kudos

Artwmn
Local Performer

I’m having the same issue. Only started this week. Two echo dots and a show.

Unlinked/linked Pandora.

Unplugged/plugged in all Alexa devices

Stops playing anywhere from 1-3 songs in. 
Never happens before this week, has been working for 2 years flawlessly. 

Is it Amazon wanting me to use their music service over Pandora? So they’re sabotaging the connection? 

0 Kudos

MG714
Underground
That’s the only thing I can think is because I tried apple music and Spotify with the same results.   

Michelle G.

MG714
Underground
I checked all of my stuff and even deregistered the unit and then pandora, apple music, and Spotify with the same results.  I’m thinking Amazon doesn’t want other programs’ music on it.  

Michelle G.

raysooch
Underground

I believe I have finally resolved my issue for now. Besides all the other trouble shooting items I did, the one final one was to reset the Echo…It reset everything back to original factory specs, I relinked Pandora, and it has now worked fine for about 5 days. Not going to call success just yet, as these things have a habit of returning. Too bad that  overcoming these issues are all about things we as consumers need to do, but vendors never seem to have a solution. Technology…

0 Kudos

Artwmn
Local Performer

I had reset my echo. No change. 
I unlinked/linked my Pandora skill. No change. 
Today, 3 days later, I tried to play Pandora through Alexa and it was not linked, despite me linking it twice on Saturday. 
I linked it yet again and this time seems to have been the charm. I’ve been playing for over an hour now. 

0 Kudos