cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Alexa: Receiving a stream violation message

Dougorlando
Local Performer

My Alexa pandora keeps timing out after one song and it says streams violation. I changed the password and it is still stopping , what’s wrong?

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
5 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Dougorlando! Welcome to community.

I've enabled a trace on your Pandora account to help me investigate what may be happening.

The next time you receive a message, please take note of the date, time (please include timezone), and station. I'll take a closer look at what may be happening.

Something to keep in mind, if you're switching between devices, the stream warning may have been tripped on accident which can happen from time to time.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

craigsawyer75
Local Performer

I have this problem constantly with ALL of my Alexa devices-at hoe and in my office. Some days it'll play 4-5 hours with no issues. Other days it will stop after 1 song and display "Stream Violation." At my business this is a HUGE issue because all music simply stops. It's ridiculous. What is the issue, Pandora? And how can it be resolved? I'm a few days away from ending my Pandora account and switching to a different service that is more dependable.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@craigsawyer75 Nice to see you around the Community.

I've enabled a trace on your Pandora account to help me investigate what may be happening.

The next time you receive a message, please take note of the date, time (please include timezone), and station. I'll take a closer look at what may be happening.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Streaming Pandora in a Business Setting:

We appreciate your interest in making Pandora a part of your business.

I'd recommend checking out Cloud Cover Music to see if this is a better fit for your business needs.

Cloud Cover Music is a new option for streaming music legally at your business and offers:

• The proper licenses to stream music legally at your business.
  • Pricing plans starting at $16.16/month.
  • Flexible music and messaging plans for businesses of all types and sizes.
  • Stream music the way that best suits your needs by choosing from a variety of device options:
    • Mobile App (iOS, Android, or Amazon)
    • web client
    • CloudBox (streaming player)
    • Sonos integration
    • or through a Bluetooth speaker
  • Customize and personalize in-store audio messaging to drive sales.
  • The remote management portal that allows you to monitor, control, manage, and pull reports for your business's music, user permissions, and compliance on the go.
0 Kudos

pienemans
Local Performer

My wife and I share a premium family account, which is tied to our two email addresses. We have two Amazon Echos, each set up with one of us as the default profile. When each of us asks the Echo to play Pandora the Echo responds with "playing on X's Pandora", where X is one of us.

Since the defaults profiles are different, then if there are two streams playing then X is different in each stream. Nevertheless, we get a stream violation.

I can see the streams in the Alexa app, but I can't see to which email address to which they are bound so I can't see the conflict.

How I resolve the issue and/or get more details as to the cause of the stream violation?

0 Kudos

kensavitz
Local Performer

I am also receiving this same issue when playing Pandora through an Amazon Echo.  It plays one or two songs and then stops with a stream violation notice.  No other devices are active, and I am not switching between devices.

0 Kudos