cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android TVs: No Sound

Damien
Local Performer

I have a new Sony Bravia smart TV with Pandora. Sometimes there is sound when I’m playing a song; sometimes there isn’t; it seems to take several hours for the sound to start working.

This has nothing to do with the TV’s volume, which is turned up. My wife has a second Sony Bravia smart TV downstairs (the new one is on the second floor) which has never had the sound problem. But it happened at least one since I got the new TV.

Even though we have separate Pandora accounts, the no sound issue keeps happening on my TV upstairs. I believe we set up my new TV using her Google account.

Anyone got a solution? Thanks.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

JChazTony
Local Performer

Just unplug your TV for 60 seconds and plug it back in. When you restart pandora it will relaunch the app and you'll have volume. These smart TVs are essentially computers. When something doesn't work, just reboot!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
46 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Damien I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps once more.

First make sure your device has the latest firmware by checking for a new update. If an update is available, try loading Pandora again once the update is complete.

If you're still having the same problem, then please try a few standard network troubleshooting steps:

• Try connecting directly via an Ethernet cable rather than using Wi-Fi (if you have this option on your device), and see if that helps.
  • Try rebooting your modem and router and restarting the device.
  • Try removing and re-adding the app (if this is possible on your device).

You can also contact the manufacturer directly to troubleshoot your specific device and settings.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

JChazTony
Local Performer

Just unplug your TV for 60 seconds and plug it back in. When you restart pandora it will relaunch the app and you'll have volume. These smart TVs are essentially computers. When something doesn't work, just reboot!

0 Kudos

Kat76
Local Performer

I also have a Sony Bravia that has been running Pandora just fine but now when I launch it, it shows it is playing but no sound. 🥴

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

TannerPandora

Hi @Kat76! Sorry to hear you're having trouble with Pandora on your Sony.

If you haven't performed any troubleshooting steps, I would recommend starting with the following:

First make sure your device has the latest firmware by checking for a new update. If an update is available, try loading Pandora again once the update is complete.

If you're still having the same problem, try the following:

• Unplugging your TV for 30 seconds, then plugging it back in.
  • Try connecting directly via an Ethernet cable rather than using Wi-Fi (if you have this option on your TV).
  • Try rebooting your modem and router and restarting the TV.
  • Try removing and re-adding the app (if this is possible on your TV).

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

1E
Underground

i am using hardwired connection

sometimes it works, often it does not.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@1E To clarify, are you only experiencing this issue with Pandora?

Have you tried streaming other apps such as YouTube?

If not, please try launching the YouTube app and let me know if you experience similar issues there as well.

Thanks for your patience.

0 Kudos

shawnm
Local Performer

I have the same problem with my Bravia.  It only affects Pandora.  Restarting the TV does not help.  If I unplug the TV, and plug it back in, it works.  This problem happens frequently.

++

I have the same problem. Restarting the TV does not help. I have to unplug the TV, and then plug it back in for Pandora to work again. This happens frequently; having to cycle power on the TV is an annoying solution.

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @shawnm - Welcome to community! 👋

I checked the Pandora account associated with your community profile and it looks like you may have more than one Pandora account.

This account has no devices associated with it and has no play history from the past 2 weeks. If this is the case, let me know and I'll direct message you privately to gather more details. Please don't post any personal info, like email addresses, publicly.

Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

jason_p_8
Local Performer

I have the same issue with my Sony Bravia TV.  I have a direct ethernet connection and the software says it is up to date.  When I open Pandora the "equalizer" at the top is moving like the song is playing but the song says "0:00" at the beginning time and "0:00" at the end time and no sound.  I have not unplugged the TV yet.  But if I log out of my Pandora account and then sign back in, the music always starts playing normally.  Only problem is I have had to do this the last 3 times using the app.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @jason_p_8. 👋

Thanks for reporting your experience. It looks like you may be using a Sony Bravia Android TV model.

If so, you should be able to try clearing the cache and data of the Pandora app on your TV device.

1. On the supplied remote control, press the HOME button.
  2. Select the Settings Gear icon  ⚙️
  3. Follow the steps according to your TV menu:
    • Select Apps → See all apps → Show system apps.
    • Select Apps.
  4. Under System apps, select Pandora.
  5. Select Clear cache, then select Ok.
    • If the issue still occurs, move on to the next step.
  6. Select Clear data, then select Ok.
    • If displayed, select CLEAR ALL DATA, and then Ok.

Hope this helps. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

jason_p_8
Local Performer

Thanks Alyssa!  I cleared the cache in the app but that didn't help.  Once I cleared the data in the app, I had to sign back in, but it worked!  And the app worked normally this morning when first opening the app!  Thanks for your help!

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Awesome! I'm so glad to hear those steps helped, @jason_p_8.

Feel free to let me know if you run into any additional trouble.

Have a wonderful day and enjoy the tunes! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Shaymore
Local Performer

I experience the same problems described above with my Sony Android TV. Clearing cache doesn't help. Clearing data usually does help, but only until the next time I  launch the app. I  just did an uninstall, restart, reinstall. Now I'm getting sound, but no album cover graphics.

0 Kudos

Steve40th396
Opening Act

I am wired directly to router. Worked fine all night.

Today turned on nothing. All other apps, youtube, netflix audio is fine.

Seems Pandora is not paying to have for updates.

And when it happens, their app is not inlcuded

Sony X90K 2022 model.

So, I logged into ASUS router.. Nothing is wrong. Its logged in.. But, TV wouldnt allow both WiFi and Wired together today. Yesterday the TV was wired only. With it plugged in to router via ethernet , it worked.

So, I unplugged ethernet cable to TV and router. Immediately TV logged in via WiFi, which it wouldnt do while connected via ethernet.

Now, Pandora works with WiFi.

No special settings, just logged TV into WiFi router.

2023?. Typo.

Pandora gas issues they wont address, and this is one.

If you can stop updates, or revert back, it may help.

But updatea should not affect Pandora, unless their software is vulnerable.

0 Kudos

Steve40th396
Opening Act

I have gone back and forth with WiFi and hard wired ethernet.

Ran speedtests. WiFi 327Mbs, Wired ethernet 100Mbs. Wired should be same or faster on 1gb ports and 800Mbs privided by xfinity.

Basically these Tvs are big tablets.

I have it working, then it quits, then it works. Its Pandora NOT working to solve the issue.

Embarrasing.

I have 12 year old laptops, ipads, a 1 year old laptop and all my cell phones work fine. Big smart TVs. Nope.

Dang thing just quick playing audio, again, while eq meter shows its working. Sony TV has same issue.

Pandora is about to lose me as a customer.. If they cant resolve bandwidth issues, or resolves smart tv connectivity, what good are they.

I am really tired of the boiler plate answers. Make sure its connected, make sure you have updates, make sure this. Restart tv. That is BS. 

TannerPandora

Hi @Steve40th396! Sorry to hear that there is no sound when playing Pandora on your Sony TV.

Since this is happening on your Sony TV versus a Samsung TV, I've moved your posts over to a more relevant thread: Android TV/ Sony: No Sound

It looks like you've tried a lot of troubleshooting already. I'm happy to pass this along to our engineering team for further investigation.

In the meantime, let's try the following steps to remove the cache and data to see if it helps.

1. On the supplied remote control, press the HOME button.
  2. Select the Settings Gear icon  ⚙️
  3. Follow the steps according to your TV menu:
    • Select Apps → See all apps → Show system apps.
    • Select Apps.
  4. Under System apps, select Pandora.
  5. Select Clear cache, then select Ok.
    • If the issue still occurs, move on to the next step.
  6. Select Clear data, then select Ok.
    • If displayed, select CLEAR ALL DATA, and then Ok.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Steve40th396
Opening Act

Its a brand new tv, cache is not the issue. Pandora isnt onboard when updates are done. We all know now that your company has ZERO connection with these companies that make the TVs, software etc.

0 Kudos

dgking99
Local Performer

My 2017 Shield has all the latest updates and all other apps work fine. It's connected to a relatively new Denon receiver which is connected to a Sony OLED TV. I've used Pandora on the Shield for years and it's always worked properly until 6-8 months ago when I started experiencing the following issue.

1. When I open Pandora and select something to listen to, the TV screen shows the "dancing" equalizer symbol next to the song title but there is no audio. I know this isn't an HDMI sync issue because all other apps work fine and it can happen as the first app after waking the Shield or after switching from other apps on the Shield (Prime Video, HBO Max, etc.).

2. When I go to Pandora's settings screen, the "exit app" option is missing. "Content settings" and "sign out" are the only options.

3. I have to force close Pandora and clear the cache; then reopen it to have a 50/50 chance of getting audio.  Even if this works, sometimes the audio just stops after the first song ends even though the equalizer symbol indicates that the next song is playing.

4. I've verified that Pandora is installed in the Shield's internal memory; not the Samsung SSD attached to the Shield.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled Pandora numerous times trying to get it to work properly without any success.  I hope someone can suggest a fix.

I'm also hoping someone can suggest a better/easier way to properly exit the app. If the picture shown on the TV screen is for the song currently playing, it takes 11 steps (up arrow, right arrow, select, down arrow, etc.) to get to the "exit app" option in Pandora's settings and one more to actually select that option and exit.  This is absurd.  There needs to be an easy/fast way to stop the music and exit.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Don

1E
Underground

Pandora is only app i have problems with on sony bravia regularly.  It will play then no sound but show its playing.  It is hardwired and on same account with computer so sometimes i have to go to computer and say play on other app-but still constant problems.  i have rebooted it before.  it is a bad interface with sony-getting to the point where i don't like paying for pandora and may need to look for other option unless there is a real fix

You tube appears to work fine on Sony Bravia but i don't usually use you tube there, mosltly on computer.  The problem app is Pandora.  But next time pandora acts up i may switch to you tube.  but Pandora acts up almost everytime.  I never player it on computer at same time as tv but it also keeps saying someone else is using it so i have to go to computer to say let 'other person' use it.

i have the same issue as local performer, and i don't want to log back into app on tv when it is a private tv, but when i have done that it has often restarted. unplugging tv is also an annoying fix and then the problem reocurs next time i use it.

0 Kudos