cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple TV: Menu Bar disappears

gnaive
Local Performer

Once you have clicked “down” on the navigation ring or swiped on the mail button, accidentally or on purpose, the top menu bar disappears and I can find no way to bring it back. Doesn’t matter if button swiping is turned on or off. VERY frustrating. Only way I have found is to uninstall and reinstall the app! May just have to cancel subscription and switch back to Spotify and Apple Music.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Pandora Update: 8/16/23

Hi all! Thanks for posting your experience with the Menu Bar disappearing on Apple TV.

A recent update is expected to resolve this issue. I recommend updating to the latest version of Pandora on your Apple TV. I've personally found that uninstalling and reinstalling the app the best way to get the latest version and creating a new connection with Pandora.

I've updated and so far the menu bar has not disappeared on me, but I will continue to check on this. Let me know if you continue to have trouble.

Thanks all!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @gnaive 

I created a new post since the experience you reported is slightly different then the previous thread -
Apple TV - Menu Bar disappears.

I checked my Apple TV and I saw that the Menu Bar had disappeared on my device too. I uninstalled and reinstall the app  and now it seems to be working correctly. I haven't been able to repro after playing multiple stations, and moving around the UI a bit.

Give it a try and let me know if you're still having trouble.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

gnaive
Local Performer

Sorry, restarting the Apple TV will bring back the top menu bar as well, but still a major pain. Seems ok now, will see how it goes.

0 Kudos

amsamph
Local Performer

Can't get to Pandora menu bar with Apple TV remote

I'm stuck on one station - I can't scroll up to the Pandora menu bar with my Apple TV remote to get to other stations. This just started happening - never happened before.

0 Kudos

MaconD
Underground

I have done this (both restart and even reinstall) several times.  yes, it works after you do that, but eventually you will select a station and the menu will be gone.  I am trying to figure out the sequence of events that leads to this but have found no pattern yet.  This is a major flaw that was introduced with the latest release that fixed the major flaw of the TV app logging you out and giving you no way of logging on.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@amsamph I moved your post over to this existing thread: Apple TV - Menu Bar disappears

@TannerPandora mentioned uninstalling/reinstalling the app resolved the issue for him.

Can you please try that out and let me know if you continue to experience issues with this?

Thanks!

0 Kudos

MaconD
Underground

I have tried both reinstalling (which forces me to re-login) as well as just restarting.  Restarting the app never solves the problem.  Reinstalling does solve the problem but only temporarily.  Eventually you will click on a station and never be able to leave it.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @MaconD 

The exact same thing happened to me, uninstalling only temporarily resolved the issue. I reported my findings and it's currently being worked on. I don't have a timeline for a fix yet, but will post in this thread when one is available.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

sbkillen
Local Performer

I am seeing the same thing, Menu Bar disappears. I have been able to get it back by double clicking "Home" and closing Pandora App (Swipe Up) Then reopening Pandora. I was on TVOS 16.5 updated to TVOS 16.6. Same result.

0 Kudos

MaconD
Underground

Hi Sbkillen.  When it occurs again I will give this a try.  you actually taught me something I didnt know about apple TV.  I have never double-clicked the "Home" button and then swiped an app closed.  Whenever I want to end playing pandora I just paused it, single pressed the Home button,  and turned off the TV.  Thanks for the education!

TannerPandora

Pandora Update: 8/16/23

Hi all! Thanks for posting your experience with the Menu Bar disappearing on Apple TV.

A recent update is expected to resolve this issue. I recommend updating to the latest version of Pandora on your Apple TV. I've personally found that uninstalling and reinstalling the app the best way to get the latest version and creating a new connection with Pandora.

I've updated and so far the menu bar has not disappeared on me, but I will continue to check on this. Let me know if you continue to have trouble.

Thanks all!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos