cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chromecast - Volume control not working

Camlegacy
Underground

The volume control when streaming to chromecast is whack. Please fix it before I go back to Spotify. Pandora’s radio stations are superior but this drives me bat **ahem**. 

sincerley- cayum

side note can’t put chrimacasf as label

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @Camlegacy! Thanks for posting your experience. 

Can you let me know a little more about what is happening with the volume control when using Chromecast?

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Camlegacy! Thanks for posting your experience. 

Can you let me know a little more about what is happening with the volume control when using Chromecast?

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Camlegacy
Underground

Absolutely. I can’t get over the response time !!!

It’s not only volume control. When you exit the app it seems to unlink between my phone and the cast. Then when I open pandora again it pauses and picks up where I left off the last time I had the app open. 

the volume is very finicky and doesn’t really do what the buttons on  my phone tell it to. Hard to explain. 

Never had this issue with Spotify it always worked great.  

id be happy to answer more specific questions via email that is linked to my Pandora. 

0 Kudos

Camlegacy
Underground

My music stopped when I replied to this which is very strange. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

@Camlegacy When you say finicky, do you mean that the volume bar doesn't seem to match the sound coming from the speaker? This is only when using Chromecast?

When the music stopped did you get any message or notification?

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Sharappa
Local Performer

Yea… Spotify Volume control works with my phone ☎️. Not so for Pandora. I have NO control of the volume using my phone… which is a drag because I don’t have a Remote for my TV. 

0 Kudos

two_in_the_bush
Local Performer

When I cast Pandora to my chromecast, then press the iphone's volume up and down buttons, the volume doesn't change.

I have to go find my TV remote and use that separately to control the volume.

Any suggestions for allowing the phone to control the volume?

I imagine that Pandora developed the app that runs on Chromecast when Pandora music is playing through the Chromecast, so it would be the Pandora dev team who would know about (or can add) this feature. It would be amazing. I've seen other users here wish for this as well.

0 Kudos