cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chromecast: "Oops, we are unable to cast at this time"

chyzar
Local Performer

I've lost the ability to cast Pandora from my iPhone (14) to my Google Mini speaker. It used to be buggy, but at least it worked. Now, it connects (the speaker makes its "something just connected to me" bleep sound), then the Pandora app says "Oops, we are unable to cast at this time." I have quit the app multiple times, deleted the speaker and Pandora app from my Google Home, and re-added them.

Tips?

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @chyzar Welcome to community. Sorry to hear you're having trouble with Chromecast.

Please try the following troubleshooting steps to see if they may help resolve this issue.

1. Check to see if there are any updates available for your Pandora app and update if needed.
  2. Make sure your mobile device is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Chromecast device.
  3. If you're using an Android, try clearing the cache and app data for Pandora on your device.**
  4. If you're using an iOS device, log out of Pandora and then uninstall and reinstall the app.**
  5. Restart your Chromecast device by unplugging the power source and plugging it back in.
  6. Restart the Pandora app on your device.
  7. Run the Chromecast app to set up your Chromecast device again.

If you are still having trouble with Chromecast, please refer to Google's support page here for additional steps.

**Please note: These steps may remove your offline content. However, as a Plus user, you should receive that offline content again automatically.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

pg4jewel
Local Performer

New premium Pandora account now unable to cast from iPhone Pandora to Google home. "Oops unable to cast" It's extremely frustrating. I prefer to cast directly from the Pandora app versus Google Home voice controls as I have more control over music, stations etc, however when Pandora app won't cast I begrudgingly use GH as it always works. I have tried all of the troubleshooting, unlinking/linking devices, accounts etc. **ahem**!!

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @pg4jewel 

Thanks for posting, sorry to hear you're having trouble with Chromecast. Looks like you've already tried some troubleshooting steps.

I'm happy to pass this along to our engineering team for further investigation. Can you let me know some more info about your iPhone.

• Model:
  • iOS version:
  • Pandora version:

Thanks for the help!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos