cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappearing Stations

1Adrian
Local Performer

I purchased a new tv and log onto pandora and see all my stations. Once I play a station, all my stations disappear never to be found again. I have one account and have it installed on ten plus devices....

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
24 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @1Adrian Thanks for posting, sorry to hear this is happening. 

Can you let me know the TV model this is happening on?

Is it only happening on the TV or on multiple devices as well?

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Kim35
Underground

This is also happening on my tv pandora. Just started today. Hope the can get it fixed soon!!

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hey @Kim35, just to clarify, other stations have started to disappear on your account? Not just the shuffle station?

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

1Adrian
Local Performer

Hisense 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@1Adrian Thanks for following up.

This issue is usually specific to the network you're using to access Pandora, or due to an error on the device itself.

First make sure your device has the latest firmware by checking for a new update. If an update is available, try loading Pandora again once the update is complete.

If you're still having the same problem, then please try a few standard network troubleshooting steps:
  • Try connecting directly via an Ethernet cable rather than using Wi-Fi (if you have this option on your device), and see if that helps.
  • Try rebooting your modem and router and restarting the device.
  • Try removing and re-adding the app (if this is possible on your device).
You can also contact the manufacturer directly to troubleshoot your specific device and settings.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.
0 Kudos

R_and_S
Local Performer

I am missing stations when I play Pandora via my smart TV (2020 Samsung 55" 4K QLED: QN55Q80TAFXZA). These stations are present on my other devices. I have tried all of the following to correct the problem to no avail: log out of Pandora/log back in; power off TV/power on (not just powering off, but even unplugging and waiting a minute before plugging back in); uninstalling and reinstalling the Pandora app; resetting router. The same stations remain missing. If I attempt to re-add these stations via the TV, I get the error message: "Pandora is currently conducting system maintenance, please try again later." I'm guessing Pandora gets confused because these stations in fact already exist in my account. My TV is set to automatically update its software and shows that it is current (from the Samsung website, it looks like the most recent software update was released on August 4th). FYI - I have already viewed any threads in the Pandora Community that seemed to relate to this issue (e.g., "Disappearing stations," "Stations gone on Smart TV") and they appear to suggest nothing more than the measures that I've already attempted. I have also searched Samsung Support and the web in general with no luck. In case a Pandora tech wants to look at my account, a sample of a couple of stations that are missing only from my Samsung TV are "2cellos Radio" and "Billy Joel Radio." Thanks.

0 Kudos

1Adrian
Local Performer

All my other devices work fine on the same network. Tried everything nothing works...

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@R_and_S I moved your post to this thread since it sounds like you are running into a similar issue: Disappearing Stations

It's possible you were experiencing trouble with this due to the outage with our service yesterday - that outage affected playback across all devices, and was tracked here: Pandora outage - 08/16/20 

This being said, it sounds like your stations still might have been missing after the outage was resolved.

Let's try removing the device association from your account and running through the setup process again to see if that helps restore your stations on your TV.

I've removed the device association from your account. This will automatically sign you out once this change takes effect. Please be patient as this may not happen instantaneously.

Next, click here to select steps specific to your device in order to set up Pandora once more.

If you do not see your device listed, click here for general activation steps.

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@1Adrian Let's try removing the device association from your account and running through the setup process again to see if that helps.

I've removed the device association from your account. This will automatically sign you out once this change takes effect. Please be patient as this may not happen instantaneously.

Next, click here to select steps specific to your device in order to set up Pandora once more.

If you do not see your device listed, click here for general activation steps.

Thanks for continuing to work with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

R_and_S
Local Performer

Hi, Adam. I appreciate your efforts, but after re-associating my device/going through the set-up process again, there was no change (i.e., those stations that were missing remain missing). After that initial failure, I once again deleted the Pandora app, powered down my TV and waited a minute, then powered it back up and reinstalled the app and went through set-up again. Still no change.

P.S. - I was aware of that outage, but the problem had manifested itself prior to the outage (as well as after the outage). Thanks again - Ron

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @R_and_S! On our TV platforms, due to limitations, we currently only display the first 100 recently listened to stations. 

Can you try the following:

• Changing the sort order on the television 
  • Try searching for the specific station versus adding the station.

Let me know how it goes. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

R_and_S
Local Performer

Hi, Tanner! Thank you - as with Adam, I do appreciate your assistance. I have actually previously done both of the things you asked me to try multiple times, but I did just now attempt both of them again. No change - i.e., neither caused the missing stations to repopulate on my TV (although, again, they do both remain listed among My Collection on my other devices). As for searching for a station, although I can find it through a search and then launch it, that of course defeats the whole purpose of a Collection...I think? I.e., it is of course a bit more cumbersome than being able to just launch a previously saved station, and I am assuming that any "thumbs up" or "thumbs down" selections I make during one of these "ad hoc" sessions will be remembered if each time I launch a given station it is from the results of a search(?) Oh - lastly, I will just mention that the two stations that I cited as examples were most definitely among the most recent 100 stations played across all devices (to include at least one - and I think both - of them having been played in the past handful of weeks on this particular TV, which was placed into service in April; since this TV was placed in service, there have been probably fewer than 25 Pandora stations played through it). Thank you again for your time and efforts.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for checking on that @R_and_S. It's good to know the stations will play when you search for them, just not showing on your station list. 

I'll create a ticket to pass on to our engineers so they can investigate further. 

Can you let me know the names of any other stations you see are missing? I've included the 2 you mentioned earlier. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

R_and_S
Local Performer

Tanner - I only now had the chance to sit down and do a complete comparison between the station list on my TV versus the station list as it appears on another device - this time being a laptop. It was a very worthwhile exercise. There are a total of 21 stations that don't appear on the TV. I am 100% positive of playing certain of these 21 stations recently - that is, they would definitely fall well within a list of the last 100 stations played (in this regard it is also relevant to note that the station list that is displaying via the affected TV totals fewer than 100 at this time in any case - i.e., it is showing only 95 of the 116 stations in my current collection). Similarly, for certain of the 21 stations that do not appear, I am equally positive that it has been quite some time since they were last played. But during my review on the laptop, I noticed an attribute that these 21 stations do all have in common: based on "Collected" date information, they are the OLDEST stations in my current list. They were all collected between March and June 2012. The collected date field doesn't display on the TV so I hadn't noted this previously - I just recognized that some favorite and recently played stations (to include having been played via the TV) had disappeared. Even on the laptop, all that displays is the month and year a given station was collected and not the specific-to-the-day date, however. But it would appear that 100% of stations saved/collected prior to some discrete date in the month of June 2012 no longer appear on the affected Samsung TV (although they had previously and they do still appear on another smart TV [a Philips], both via its more dated resident Pandora app as well as through a connected Roku device). The reason I say "some discrete date in the month of June 2012" is because there are two stations collected in June 2012 that do appear on the Samsung TV, whereas four stations collected that same month do not appear on it (again, absolutely no stations collected from March through May 2012 appear on the TV). I am therefore assuming that the four missing June stations were collected prior to June X, 2012, and the two displaying June stations were collected after June X, 2012. Thanks so much once again for your help, and I hope this is beneficial to your engineers and, ultimately, to other subscribers. Have a great week...

0 Kudos

R_and_S
Local Performer

P.S. - 100% of stations collected subsequent to June 2012 do list out on the TV.

0 Kudos

boatjones
Local Performer

Adam,

I am having the same issue I had at the end of March of this year: many of my stations have disappeared from my Logitech Squeezebox that I use to run the music in my house but when I log into a web browser, I see that the accounts are still there.  The disappeared stations seem to be primarily the older ones that were first created and used frequently.  Did you guys make a change this month?  You guys fixed it the last time.  Please do so again.

Thanks.

Randall

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @boatjones, thanks for posting to community. 

Unfortunately, the Logitech Squeezebox is no longer supported by Pandora, so we cannot provide any specific troubleshooting steps for your device.

Since your device is activated but doesn't appear to be working, first, make sure your device has the latest firmware by checking for a new update. If an update is available, try loading Pandora again once the update is complete.

If you're still having the same problem:

• Try connecting directly via an ethernet cable rather than wirelessly (if you have this option on your device), and see if that helps.
  • Try removing and re-adding the app (if this is possible on your device).

If you continue to have trouble after trying these approaches, I'd recommend contacting the manufacturer directly for more help.

Thanks for being part of community! 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

rksea
Local Performer

I have the exact same issue - it's 2022 now.  I just today re-started my Pandora premium account.  On my NVidia Shield, I installed "Pandora for TV".  My Shield is up tp date with the latest firmware.  My connection is well proven with a MESH network. That said, I did try connecting the shield via ethernet cable - NO EFFECT.  Pandora works on all other devices - phone (Samsung Galaxy 9+ Android) and laptop (brand new Lenovo running Win 11).  On the Shield, in Pandora, there are stations missing from the list which I can see on the other devices.  I am signed in with the exact same email and password (same account) accross devices.  I have uninstalled, re-installed, signed in using the app verification, signed in using email and password only, etc. etc.  At the time of this writing, I have just clicked "log out of all other devices" and am starting over - AGAIN.  I just today signed back up for Pandora Premium after missing some of the features I used to love - like my own personalized STATIONS!!!!!!!!!  Meanwhile I am listening to Spotify while I wait for this to get resolved.  $9.99/month - it really should look and act the same across devices.  What gives Pandora?  Please do NOT tell me to check my connection re-install, etc etc.  This is a Pandora problem; not a problem with our hardware.  

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @rksea👋

Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

I've taken a look at your Pandora account, and I do see that you have over 150 stations.

You mentioned that you're missing your personalized stations but they are visible on other device such as your mobile device. 

There is a 250 station limit on all accounts, free or paid. Pandora Premium listeners are also limited to 250 stations. However, please note that some consumer electronic devices (such as Smart TVs, car stereos, etc) and are not optimized for the newer station limit and will still be subject to the limit of 95 - 100 stations. You'll be able to use the Search feature on your device to look for stations that may not be visible.

++

If this issue isn't related to the station limit on your TV device, could you share a bit more about what you're noticing? 

Are you able to search for the station(s) that you're missing on the TV? 

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos