cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fire Devices: Slow response or freezes

zymurgypg
Underground

Hello,

Starting 7/4/23 the Pandora app on the Fire TV experiencing slow updates and delayed input. The music plays without an issue. When songs change onto the next the screen updates in about 4-5 seconds. Inputs are delayed the same amount of time. For instance, when you move left or right to choose next or thumbs up the screen is delayed 5 seconds before it updates. The functionality happens normally, though. Once you move, even though the screen hasn't updated, it accepts input on the control you are "on".

No other apps on the tv experience this issue. 

Any ideas? Thanks.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Pandora Update: 11/16/2023

Note: This message has been accepted as the Solution to flag the current status of this thread. This post will be updated with more information as it is provided to the moderation team.

The community team would like to thank everyone who has shared on this thread. We understand how frustrating this experience can be and we appreciate your continued patience.

Our engineering teams have been investigating this matter with the help of the Amazon team. Unfortunately, there are no new updates to share at this time. Our team continues to work diligently on this matter.

The community team will continue to keep you informed of any developments as they are shared with us.

Thank you for your continued support and understanding.

Pandora Update: 8/10/2023

Note: This message has been accepted as the Solution to flag the current status of this thread. This post will be updated with more information as it is provided to the moderation team.

Hello!

Thank you all for posting your experience with slowness on your Fire TV Devices. We understand that this is a frustrating issue and we are currently investigating.

While our teams have some theories as to what may be happening, the cause is still be investigating as there have been no changes to the Pandora app on Fire TV from our end. As a result, they have reached out to Amazon for further assistance in their efforts to determine what may be happening.

If you're new to this thread and have been experiencing this issue with Fire TV devices, feel free to post on this thread. Your information will be added to our internal ticket. All other listeners who have previously posted have already been added.

Thank you for your continued patience while this is being looked into.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

119 Replies

Rockb84
Local Performer

I’m having this exact issue as well on the fire stick 
 I have tried uninstalling then reinstalling the app and it still lags

TannerPandora

Hi @zymurgypg and @Rockb84! Thanks for posting your experience. Sorry to hear you're having trouble with Pandora on your Amazon TV. Let's try some troubleshooting.

Please try the steps below to see if they will help. 

• On the supplied remote control, press the HOME button.
  • Select the Settings Gear icon  ⚙️
  • Follow the steps according to your TV menu:
    • Select Apps → See all apps → Show system apps.
    • Select Apps.
  • Under System apps, select Pandora.
  • Select Clear cache, then select Ok.
    • If the issue still occurs, move on to the next step.
  • Select Clear data, then select Ok.
    • If displayed, select CLEAR ALL DATA, and then Ok

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

zymurgypg
Underground

Tanner,

Thanks for the tips. I followed them and here are the results:

1) Clearing cache did not fix the issue. 

2) Clearing data appeared to fix the issue for the first song. The second song had a slight delay. By the fourth song the delay was back as it was before. 

Could an update to the app have caused the issue?

A few other troubleshooting items I hope help:

1) No other apps on the TV have this issue including Youtube, Plex and Amazon Music. 

2) Batteries in remote are new. 

3) The delay happens throughout the app and not just on my station. 

4) Pandora version of the app is 4.2.2.

5) Fire OS version is Fire OS 7.6.4.6 (PS7646/3550)

6) Fire TV version is 6450027.1

Hope you can find a resolution. Thanks.

zymurgypg
Underground

I replied to the message, but it doesn't appear in the thread. Odd. 

Clear cache didn't work. Clear data appeared to work on first song, slight delay was back at second song and back fully on 4th. I included a bunch of troubleshooting help, but the forum ate the message. 

If you think the versions of software would help let me know. 

SRich
Local Performer

I have an Amazon fire stick, and the past couple of days, the Pandora app just quits working, the remote won’t work, I will use the voice feature, still nothing or it will get stuck on are you still listening. I change the batteries in the remote, I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it, still the same problem. I even got a new fire stick, and I am in countering the same issue. I have never had this happen before and all the other channels are fine On my tv. 

0 Kudos

eorlgrey
Underground

I've been having this same issue, and clearing the cache and app data did not resolve it. Are there any other suggestions from Pandora tech support?

art408
Local Performer

Exact same issue.

Please help.

Moderator Edit: Format

TannerPandora

Hi all! Thanks for posting and sorry for the trouble with your Fire TV devices.

@zymurgypg and @eorlgrey - thank you for trying those steps. Sorry to hear they did not help.

I don't have any other steps to offer at this time, other than power cycling your device by unplugging it from the power source for at least 10 minutes. It may not help but is still worth a try.

In the meantime, I've gone ahead and reported this and created a ticket for our engineering team to take a closer look.

We'll post updates in this thread as they are provided to us. Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Bkinney2
Underground

Hopefully the tech guys will figure it out! Driving me crazy. I have tried all suggestions and have even deleted the app and removed it from the cloud before installing again hoping to get an updated version of the app but I am still running 4.2.2

Mark62
Local Performer

Thanks for checking into this.

We are also experiencing a lag time when using the remote control on our Amazon fire set ups. On a good day the lag time to button presses is about 5 seconds, at other times it is 12 seconds between the remote button push and a reaction on tv screen.

I want to note that this is only happening when using Pandora on any one of our three Amazon tv setups. When I access Pandora from my kindle or the home computer it works fine every time. We have Pandora plus and it has always been fine until about a month ago.

Hope someone solves this because 12 seconds lag time makes the app almost impossible to use.

TheSysEng
Underground

Same problem here.  There must have been an update that broke the Pandora APP. 

zymurgypg
Underground

>In the meantime, I've gone ahead and reported this and created a ticket for our engineering team to take a closer look.

The powering down did not have an effect.

Appreciate your escalating the issue and hope there is a solution. Thanks. 

Usernamex
Local Performer

Same here. Same time frame. 5 -12 second screen response lag. Music normal. Just Amazon firestick. Renders app useless. Mobile, Roku etc all perform fine same network. Very annoying 😞

0 Kudos

TheSysEng
Underground

Any Updates, Moderator?

TanPOTGS
Local Performer

I am experiencing the exact same issue on my fire stick, and none of the provided solutions have worked. I will also add that this is a recent issue. I've used the Pandora app on my fire stick for years and this has never been a problem. Eng team, please patch this issue. As a paying customer since 2011, this is the worst UX issue I've seen. Thank you for your cooperation. 

G2K
Underground

Been experiencing the same issue and have tried everything. Any resolution in sight?

jvidmar
Underground

If I go into Settings, Manage Applications on the Firestick and Force Stop Pandora, it works normal for about 30 seconds and then the delay comes right back. Thankful for any solutions that are in the works!

RushFan2112
Local Performer

Pandora lags on firestick and has been laggy for a long time. I just decided to look it up and BAM! The app is fine until you try to navigate the UI. Love Pandora. Please fix!

C5guy
Local Performer

I have the same problem. Using the voice remote for Alex commands. Works pretty well as a work-around until the real problem is solved.

0 Kudos