cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fire TV: Pandora won't load

Allia101
Local Performer

First the app would play 1 song then stop for 5-10 minutes. It did this for each song; maybe even longer. Now it won’t even open on my fire tv. I’ve already cleared cache, deleted, redownloaded, sign out/in, restarted my tv, everything.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Allia101! Thanks for posting - sorry to hear you're having trouble with your Fire TV.

I've enabled a trace on your account to help me investigate. I see that you previously tried some troubleshooting steps in early April, but can you please try them again while this trace is enabled.

I can take a closer look at what may be happening.

Please try the following steps in the following order:

1. Restart your device: To do this, just disconnect the power cord (from the back of the device or from the power outlet), and then plug it back in.
  2. Clear your app data:
  • From the Home screen, select Settings > Applications > Manage All Installed Applications;
  • Select Pandora from the list;
  • From here, clear the cache and/or data. This may help resolve various intermittent performance issues.

On some TVs the following steps have been found to be helpful:

• On the supplied remote control, press the HOME button.
    • Select the Settings Gear icon  ⚙️
    • Follow the steps according to your TV menu:
      • Select Apps → See all apps → Show system apps.
      • Select Apps.
    • Under System apps, select Pandora.
    • Select Clear cache, then select Ok.
      • If the issue still occurs, move on to the next step.
    • Select Clear data, then select Ok.
      • If displayed, select CLEAR ALL DATA, and then Ok

Note: clearing data doesn't delete the app itself, but will log you out of Pandora.

3. Uninstall and Reinstall the app:

• From the Home screen, select Settings > Applications > Manage All Installed Applications.
  • Select Pandora from the list.
  • Click Uninstall.
  • Reinstall the app by returning to the Pandora app detail page.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Allia101
Local Performer

Still doesn’t work

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Allia101

Sorry to hear those steps didn't help resolve this. Unfortunately, I don't have any additional troubleshooting steps to suggest at the moment but I am happy to pass this along to our engineering team for further investigation.

If anything changes, please let us know. Otherwise, we'll follow up with you if we need any additional details.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Aroob99
Local Performer

Please help as I tried all of this several times within a day and on other days like today, 5/28/23, and the app will not load and stays stuck on interface display. It worked before and recently (2 weeks now) stopped working on Amazon Fire TV and Samsung TV. Please advise...

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Aroob99 Your feedback has now been added to the ticket we have open with our engineering team.

Thanks for your patience!

0 Kudos