cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Home: Requesting artist station starts artist holiday station instead

FiretruckAnnie
Local Performer

Why does my Floyd Cramer station keep playing Christmas music in April? This just started the other day.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

Thew60
Local Performer

I have Pandora linked to my Google music. When my wife asks Google to "play Sara Barellies on Home Group", Google responds with "here is a Pandora station called Sara Bareilles playing on home group" Invariably after a few songs, a Christmas song pops up and the trend continues. When I open Pandora app on my iPhone, I search my station and see "Sara Barellies Holiday Radio" this is a station that was never asked for.  I will then delete that station from my app. All good for a few days then bingo, more Sara B Christmas Music. When I go back into my Pandora app, the Sara Barellies holiday station is back. Again, have never asked for this. I have even deleted my regular Sara B station to try to start from scratch and this just keep on reoccurring. Is there a little demon that keeps adding this station to my list? At wits end and looking for a fix, thank you 

Moderator Edit: Format

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @FiretruckAnnie 

Welcome to community!

I made a small change that I hope will help your experience. If you continue to hear holiday tracks on your Floyd Cramer station, please let me know the following info:

• Date and Time listening:
  • Device you were listening on (web, mobile, speaker):
    • If this was an in-home device, such as Google Home, let me know the exact voice command that was used.

Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

FiretruckAnnie
Local Performer

Hello and thank you for trying to correct this issue. I appreciate your efforts, however this evening the very first song played was a Christmas song!

Here are the details you asked for:

Date: 04/08/2024

Time: 9:23PM (EST)

We listen on a Google Home Mini.

The voice command is: Ok Google, Play Floyd Cramer.

Thank you for the help!

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for the follow up @FiretruckAnnie 

Hi @Thew60 I noticed that you're having a similar issues.

Since you both report having a similar experience, I've gone ahead and merged your posts together to help other's that may have a similar issue with their Google Home.

Since my attempts to investigate have come up empty handed, I've gone ahead and created a ticket to share with our engineering team for further investigation.

In the meantime, if Google continues to play the incorrect station, please send a diagnostic to Google as well. You can do this directly through your Google Home. After Google fails to play correctly, use the voice command "Ok Google, file feedback." This will send a diagnostic report to Google.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Schmalgar
Local Performer

Hello.  First time posting, I am having the exact same issue, with Google Home.  For many months I would say "hey Google play Kelly Clarkson radio" and it would launch the Kelly Clarkson Radio station on Pandora.  The last month or so it launches "Kelly Clarkson (Holiday)" station more often than but not.  As poster said above, I delete the station from my Pandora list and sometimes it will then play the regular Kelly Clarkson station, but it always quickly reverts back to Kelly Clarkson (Holiday)... since this is a current topic I wanted to give you another user with the same issue to investigate and/or report to engineers.  Meanwhile I will do "file feedback" on Google as you suggest.

Cheers

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Schmalgar Thanks for providing that info.

I've passed this along to the appropriate parties for further investigation. We'll follow up with you if we need any additional details.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

Shug1707
Local Performer

Hi. My first time posting as well. I came here looking for answers to this exact problem.  When I asked my Google Home to play Leonard Cohen or Bob Seger- whatever station I have set up, it's started intermittent Christmas songs with it. I went into my account and deleted my Michael bublé holiday and I deleted a classic Christmas station that I had in there but it's still doing it. I also checked to mke sure I was not shuffling the Stations. I don't know why but today it was playing it on my Irish Rover station. I went in again to try to make sure there was no Christmas music in there. Logged back out of my account. I logged back in and when I asked it to play the Irish rovers it had switched to Irish Rovers holiday !?!? Why??? 

0 Kudos