cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Home: Unable to play playlist with voice commands

nowaysmr
Local Performer

I am having basically the same issue, except it will not play any of my playlists (new or old) and that is what we pay to be able to do with our premium subscriptions.  Have you found a solution?  Anyone know of a customer service number to talk to a real person? 

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @nowaysmr 

Welcome to community!

Since your experience is a little different than the previous thread, I've gone ahead and created a new thread for you.

Can you tell me a little more about your experience, when requesting a playlist from Google Home, does it acknowledge the request but not play, or does it play something else entirely different?

Do you receive an error message? If so, can you tell me exactly what it says?

Thanks for the help with the additional info.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

blueyucca
Local Performer

On my original post, I was trying to get Google Home to play a playlist that I had created.  It would play a random playlist that I had not created, a playlist that has a similar name (but that I had not created) or just tell me that the playlist did not exist.  I still haven't received a reply on my original post. 

Here is my original post: 

I am running into an interesting issue.  I am able to say, "Ok Google, play Good Morning playlist"  and it will play the playlist I have created called Good Morning.  

I am able to say, "Ok Google, play good morning hits" and it will play the radio station called Good Morning Hits, which is what I want.  

Yet, there is this one playlist that I have created that Google Home will. Just. Not. Play.  
I have tried to rename it. I have tried creating another playlist with the songs. 

When I say, "Ok Google, play My Running playlist" it will play a RADIO station called Running. 

If I rename the playlist to something like "For Me", Google Home will play just any music.  Google Home will say, "Ok, music on Pandora.  Here you go."  

If I rename the playlist to High Tempo or HighTempo, it will play SONGS or an ARTIST named High Tempo. 

This is the only playlist in my collection that I am having issues with.  

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @blueyucca 

Thanks for your post.

I'm happy to pass this along to our engineering team for further investigation. As I don't believe any troubleshooting steps that I could offer now would help to resolve immediately.

In the meantime, have you submitted a feedback report to Google? If not, I would also recommend doing that as well.

The next time you request that content from your Google Home and, if Google fails to launch Pandora correctly, file feedback with Google by saying "OK Google, file feedback."

This will send a diagnostic report to Google which will allow them to investigate as well.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos