cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grace Digital - Playback stops/ Server connection error

tlspiegel1
Diamond in the Rough

Grace Radio, have Pandora Subscription.  After about an hour the music stops playing.  I talked to Grace Radio and they said it's a Pandora issue.  Can anyone advise me.  I am NOT listening on my computer, or any device other than my Grace Radio.  Thank you.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi all!

If you continue to experience a problem listening on your Grace Digital devices or receive a server error message, it is recommend that you perform a factory reset. 

Steps to perform a factory reset for your specific device can be found on the GraceDigital website here

Once you perform these steps, try setting up Pandora once again and let us know if you're still having trouble.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
20 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @tlspiegel1

I've enabled a trace on your account to help investigate. I'd like to remove the Grace Digital device association with your account and have you go through the set-up again. 

If you're up for this let me know. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

tlspiegel1
Diamond in the Rough

Thank you - please clarify what removing the Grace Digital device association is.  I'm not clear.  Thank you

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

@tlspiegel1 I would remove your Pandora account connection from your Grace Digital device on my end. This will automatically log you out and you'll need to run through the set-up once more. I like to begin with this step when investigating, in some cases in can help. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

tlspiegel1
Diamond in the Rough

OK, but will you explain to me how to run through the set-up again, after you remove the connection?   Go forward, please with removing the connection.  Thank you.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @tlspiegel1 

I've gone ahead and removed this connection. When it takes affect, you'll automatically be logged out. It may not happen instantly, so please be patient. 

Once you've logged out, you can use the following steps to activate your Grace Digital once again:

• Launch the Pandora application on your Grace Digital device
  • Select New User.
  • An activation page will appear with a code - leave this code up on the device screen as you continue to the next step below.

From the web, visit www.pandora.com/gracedigital and enter the activation code there.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

tlspiegel1
Diamond in the Rough

I cannot launch Pandora.  I get a message:  ERROR - Cannot Reach Pandora Servers.  Now what?  

And, because of that above, I cannot select New User of course!

Moderator Edit: Posts merged

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

@tlspiegel1 Please power cycle your Grace Digital by unplugging the device for 5 minute, then plug it back it. Try Pandora once more.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

tlspiegel1
Diamond in the Rough

Well, I unplugged my Grace Radio for 6 minutes, I reset my modem (after 5 minutes) and nothing is working.  I still get the error message.  I'm beyond frustrated.  

Can you please advise?  I still get the same error message.  I keep trying but, it won't connect to Pandora, and I see no way to select NEW USER.

I see from other messages, this is an ongoing problem.  Other subscribers are having the same issue.  

Paid subscriber for many years.  Cannot connect today.  How do I contact the User Support Team?  I have an ongoing thread regarding this issue.  

Moderator Edit: Merged Posts

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

@tlspiegel1 

I've merged your above comment into the current thread for this - Grace Digital - Playback stops after awhile - to keep things tidy and to avoid cross-posting on the community. Please review our Community Guidelines for more info around this.

To clarify, are you having trouble accessing only the Pandora app on your Grace Digital device? Are you able to play other streaming services or content?

I would recommend ruling out any network connection issues with your device by rebooting your connection: 

1. Shut down your device completely;
  2. Unplug your modem and router, wait one full minute, and then plug them back in;
  3. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  4. Turn your device back on and try Pandora again.

Please confirm if you're able to use stream another service. 

I'd as recommend reaching out to Grace Digital Customer Support to help troubleshoot your specific device. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

tlspiegel1
Diamond in the Rough

I posted above that I did shut down my device completely.  Twice.  I did unplug my modem router twice.  I waited 15 minutes to reconnect.  My modem/router connected immediately.  I CAN access IHeart Radio.  I cannot access Pandora.  I have no problems with my Grace Radio.  It connects just fine.  I did contact Grace Radio and he had no clue.  We had a long conversation on the phone about this.  I am tired of repeating the same things that I have done, as you suggested.  

Moderator Edit: Format

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

@tlspiegel1 

I understand and apologize for any duplicate troubleshooting steps and that may have been offered. Unfortunately, I was unaware of any previous steps you had taken.

I've gone ahead and created a ticket and passed this along to our engineering team for further investigation. Unfortunately, we've exhausted all of our known solutions, so there's nothing more I can recommend.

Thank you for your patience in the meantime.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

tlspiegel1
Diamond in the Rough

Do you have a ticket number?  Thank you.  I'm not sure what is going on.  Originally, for a few days Pandora would just stop playing (after an hour, give or take).  That's why I posted a question in the Community. Now that you removed the connection (which I was leery of) Pandora will not connect at all.  Don't get me wrong, I approved your removing the connection, but I'm afraid that was a big mistake on my part.

0 Kudos

tlspiegel1
Diamond in the Rough

It's WORKING NOW!  YAY... yes, I'm shouting.  lol😉

The only small issue is I had to use a different email address, because the setup said my email address was already in use.  I'd like to revert back to my original email address.  

OK, we have a new problem.  I am hearing ads.  I am a paid subscriber. For many years.   Please help.  Thank you  

Moderator Edit: Posts merged

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @tlspiegel1 That's good news! I'm glad to hear it!

Sounds like you may have more than one Pandora account. I see that you've sent me a private message here on community. I'll follow up there. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

tlspiegel1
Diamond in the Rough

I am hearing ads on my Grace Digital Radio for Shuffle music.  I pay for a Pandora Plus subscription.  Before you closed my connection - I did NOT hear ads.  Please advise.  Thank you,

OK... this is a summary of what is happening now that my connection has been made.  I am hearing (not seeing) ads. 

I listen to Pandora Shuffle on my Grace Digital Radio.  I do not listen on any other device!   It appears to someone here that I have 2 Pandora accounts.  The only one I use is [email].  Period. 

I have no way to login (as another person suggested here) to login to my device to update my email address.  My device is a Grace Digital Radio and there is no way to login in to it. 

I turn it on, and Pandora Shuffle start playing my music.  I was told to stop hearing ads, I should login to my device.  This is not possible.   

Also, I want my [email] account removed.  I don't use hotmail ever.  I also was told I have it set that I use an iPhone on Pandora as my device.  I never did that.  So, I need a lot of things fixed please.  Thank you,

Moderator Edit: Personal Information & posts merged

0 Kudos

karendeziel
Local Performer

can you please reset mine?

Failed to retrieve verify code from server - it threw me out a couple days ago and now all I get is this message.

I have been connected for months-it threw me out and now keeps saying its unable to retrieve code from server. Help

Moderator Edit: Format & posts merged

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @karendeziel! Thanks for posting your experience and sorry to hear this is happening. 

While I'm happy to remove your Grace Digital device association, please note that this has not completely resolved the issue for the other listener. 

If you'd like to try, let me know and I can proceed on my end. 

I have updated the ticket with your report as well and passed this along to our engineering team for further investigation. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi all!

If you continue to experience a problem listening on your Grace Digital devices or receive a server error message, it is recommend that you perform a factory reset. 

Steps to perform a factory reset for your specific device can be found on the GraceDigital website here

Once you perform these steps, try setting up Pandora once again and let us know if you're still having trouble.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

tlspiegel1
Diamond in the Rough

Well, I did a factory reset twice.  I heard about 3 songs, and then playback stopped.  This is the original problem I posted about.  I was listening to Bruce Springsteen on my Shuffle station on my Grace Digital Radio, and guess what?  The music stopped.  It came to the end of the song.  I still view Bruce Springsteen and the name of the song "Brilliant Disguise".  I had to go to Music Service, scroll to Pandora, scroll to Shuffle.  There was a message similar to this - Playback can not continue no service.   I didn't catch the exact words.  Then the music started up on a new song.  This is unacceptable for a payed Subscription.  I assume this is about all the information you need to figure this out.  I can't be more specific.  Again, the device is a Grace Digital Radio.  I never had this problem until recently.  I've been a member of Pandora for a very long time.

Moderator Edit: Format

0 Kudos