cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile casting on smart tv "I'm tired of this track" is actually thumbs down

maxzakh
Underground

It's been 3+ years of this nonsense. I want to snooze music not thumbs it down. Only an issue when casting but I have to cast frequently because the LG tv app stops working frequently.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@maxzakh Nice to see you around the Community.

It sounds like you are experiencing two separate issues.

Tapping on "I'm tired of this track" thumbs down the track:

To clarify, when you tap on "I'm tired of this track" on your Android device, does that song end up in your Thumbs Down list for the station it is playing on? 

Additionally, does the Thumbs Down icon become highlighted on the track when you tap on "I'm tired of this track"?

Lastly, does this only happen when casting to your TV, or also when streaming directly through your phone?

Let me know.

LG TV app stops working:

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? 

1. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  2. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing?

The more details you're able to provide, the better equipped I'll be to help.

I look forward to hearing back.

0 Kudos

maxzakh
Underground

To clarify, when you tap on "I'm tired of this track" on your Android device, does that song end up in your Thumbs Down list for the station it is playing on? Yes

Additionally, does the Thumbs Down icon become highlighted on the track when you tap on "I'm tired of this track"? Yes

Lastly, does this only happen when casting to your TV, or also when streaming directly through your phone? Only when casting on a device, not for bluetooth.

Let me know.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

LG TV app stops working:

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? 

1. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say? No messages the gif of sound bars is playing in the top where the station is selected but the song is stuck at 0:00. I can skip but it doesn't help. Only time fixes the issue. It is not common but it does happen at least once a week.
  2. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing? It's on my tv through the app so I cannot take a screenshot.

The more details you're able to provide, the better equipped I'll be to help.

I look forward to hearing back.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@maxzakh Thanks for following up and clarifying that with me.

I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps: Troubleshooting for Android Devices

Once you complete the steps linked above, I'd like for you to try and reproduce this issue for me.

If it happens again after completing the steps linked above, please send me:

• the name of the song and artist you tapped "I'm tired of this track" on
  • the name of the station you were listening to where it ended up in your Thumbs Down list

Thanks again for working with me on this.

LG TV app stops working:

I'd like for you to run through some troubleshooting steps on your TV as well.

First make sure your device has the latest firmware by checking for a new update. If an update is available, try loading Pandora again once the update is complete.

If you're still having the same problem, then please try a few standard network troubleshooting steps:

• Try connecting directly via an Ethernet cable rather than using Wi-Fi (if you have this option on your device), and see if that helps.
  • Try rebooting your modem and router and restarting the device.
  • Try removing and re-adding the app (if this is possible on your device).

You can also contact the manufacturer directly to troubleshoot your specific device and settings.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos