cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mood Media: Shuffle not including all stations

Anamika
Local Performer

Hi there

I've been using Mood Media as a business account for Pandora Music.  I've created 10 differing stations and am trying to use the QuickMix so that all the stations evenly shuffle.  However, it's really only playing music from 3 stations, and that too very similar songs consistently.  It's not really a shuffle or a quick mix at all.  Is anyone else having this issue and how can I fix this. It's pretty frustrating. I've spoken to Mood Media and they say the issue is with Pandora's algorithm.  If that's the case I would consider switching to a different solution as it's a bit pointless to be paying $28 per month not to get a shuffle between the stations. 

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Anamika! Welcome to community.

I checked the playback history for the Pandora account associated with your community profile and I'm only seeing playback from 4/17/23 and nothing before then.

For 4/17/23, Quickmix played for a total of 24 songs and the history shows that playback bounced between Quickmix, Sade Radio, and Today's Bollywood Radio stations.

Is it possible that you have another account under a different email address? If that's the case, please let me know and I can follow up with you in a private message to gather further details. Please do no post any additional emails publicly on community.

Thank you!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Anamika
Local Performer

Hi there

We have 3 locations. All with their own accounts. I think they are all
housed under this email?
accounts@

Otherwise they may be under
rwcteam@

A

Moderator Edit: Removed Personal Info

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Anamika Would it be possible to confirm the email address you are seeing on your Mood Media device?

I did find an account registered under rwcteam, however based off of the issue you are reporting, it sounds like you may be experiencing it on an account registered under a different email address.

Let me know what you find out. 

0 Kudos

Anamika
Local Performer

Hi Adam,

I was also facing the same issues at our Redwood City location. I then
deleted all the stations and am hesitant to reload new ones and have the
same issues. We are wondering if it is the algorithm of Pandora because
multiple people are reporting the same issue.

The other two locations may be connected to wendy@?

A

Moderator Edit: Removed Personal Info

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for providing that additional email address, @Anamika.

It does appear that is the account you are using on your Mood devices.

We've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to do the following:

• Avoid including several stations in your shuffle mix based on similar artists or songs. Choosing several stations of a similar style will create a repetitive shuffle mix. When selecting stations for shuffle (or when creating any new stations in general) consider selecting artists or tracks that musically contrast. This will yield a broader playlist.
  • We will then need you to thumb down the tracks that are getting too repetitive. That way, we can dig a little deeper into seeing which of the stations included in your shuffle is causing the issue.

Let us know after you've thumbed down repetitive tracks after a few days, and we'll be happy to further investigate.

0 Kudos