cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED 4/18/20: Sonos asking for activation code

ErickPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update 4/20/20: As we've received several confirmations that this issue is now resolved, I am closing the thread from comments. I appreciate everyone who took the time to report the issue and also confirm that the fix resolved the issue.

If this issue comes up in the future, please create a new thread and reference this one. Happy listening! 🎧

Pandora Update 4/18/20: I just got word from our engineers that the Sonos issues should now be resolved.

I recommend trying to connect your Sonos system again; You should no longer receive an error message for authorization. Please let me know of your results.

Pandora Update 4/18/20: We've received reports from listeners who report that their Sonos system is giving them the following error message: "Please authorize Sonos to use your Pandora account."

We've made our engineering team aware of this and they're working quickly to investigate the root cause. We will provide you all with an update as soon as we hear of one. Thanks for your patience and for taking the time to report the issue.

Erick | Sr. Manager of Social & Communities

Let's exchange playlists and podcasts in the Music + Podcasts

Labels (1)
106 Replies

Crunch_the_Nbrs
Local Performer

On 2020-04-18 (presumably sometime after 6:00 PM EST), people who own SONOS systems & have a Pandora account, where they stream Pandora to SONOS, began getting a "Reauthorize Pandora" message within the SONOS app.

Based on this thread, in the SONOS Community, the issue appears to be widespread

https://en.community.sonos.com/music-services-and-sources-228994/pandora-reauthorization-code-683916...

It's difficult to say whether the root cause failure is with SONOS or with Pandora, but SONOS doesn't control authorization protocol. I would expect that they simply pass credentials through, based on the last known standard.

I suspect Pandora implemented a new protocol & failed to notify all interested parties.

Anyone got info to the contrary?

0 Kudos

ajavery93
Local Performer

same problem here. really annoying. better be fixed quickly or bye bye pandora subscription

0 Kudos

ErickPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Crunch_the_Nbrs I just merged your post into this existing thread. We were experiencing an outage that should now be resolved.

Check out my latest update here. Thanks for taking the time to report this issue to us, I greatly appreciate you jumping in here.

0 Kudos

ajavery93
Local Performer

seems to be fixed. I had previously removed my account ((in attempt to fix) and tried to add back without success (bc still required authorization code). Just tried again and was able to add pandora and listen to music

ErickPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ajavery93 This issue should now be fixed. I have provided a new update to this thread here.

Thanks for taking the time to report this issue and the confirmation of the fix. I apologize for the disruption in service. 

0 Kudos

billdemars813
Local Performer

How do I find the activation code

0 Kudos

Mazz0974
Local Performer

Im Also having a problem with getting an activation code for sonos 

0 Kudos

Filmblanc
Local Performer

Erick,

Thanks for keeping us informed. My Sonos is working.

Take care.

billdemars813
Local Performer

You guys should be working on this issue. It’s ridiculous that we can’t use our Sonos system because your product has a flaw. Especially now that we’re all locked down

0 Kudos

ErickPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Filmblanc You're welcome! 😀

Thank you for taking the time to come report the issue and also to report the confirmation of the fix. I really appreciate your partnership through this. Sorry for the interruption in service, but happy to have you back to listening 🎧.

0 Kudos

sawtoothbiker
Local Performer

Eric it’s still asking me for an activation code thanks 

steve

0 Kudos

sawtoothbiker
Local Performer

Is there any way I can get one 

0 Kudos

WallSh
Local Performer

Go into setting on the Sonos app, select service and then select Pandora. Select reauthorize account and you’ll be taken to a site to log into you Pandora account with your email and password. This will reauthorize the account. 

0 Kudos

tennantfiona
Local Performer

Thank you! It's working now 🙂

0 Kudos

tbelavi
Local Performer

Good news- no authorization code was needed. Just be able to sign-in to your Pandora account.Good news- It is back up and running and no

0 Kudos

rmnbzn
Local Performer

ok, it's working now, but what about the hours we lost hunting for the elusive code?

Please don't take me wrong; but all we really have is time and it isn't fair that you so passively steal it with out culpability.

Rich

0 Kudos

caribb3737
Local Performer

Thank you! Pandora is up and running !

0 Kudos

Jpp
Local Performer

Thank you.  

cawilliams12
Local Performer

It is Sunday April 19 and I am still unable to get rid of the auth prompt. And I do not see the solution. can you please provide me with the actual process to resolve?

0 Kudos

karlz
Local Performer

I removed my Pandora account from Sonos and added it back. When I did that it asked for my sign in credentials and not the "Code". That worked for me.