cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku: Playback stops after version 5.7.5

Falneth
Local Performer

I've been using the Pandora App on my Roku TV for weeks now. Some channels, which are the main ones I listen to, have suddenly stopped working on my Hisense Roku TV. I have channels that when I change to them (90s Country for example) that do work properly. But when I change to other channels (like my Comedy channel), it will say the channel is playing but it either shows the song from the previous station and continues playing from the previous station or plays and displays absolutely nothing at all. Also, I have made new channels which worked for a day then started acting the exact same way. I have my router set to reboot every night to refresh my internet and I've also uninstalled then reinstalled the app on the smart TV since this is where the issue is. But nothing has changed. I am at a loss right now. Please advise. 

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @sjeasley! Sorry to hear you're still having trouble. I've moved your message over to an existing thread that you've posted in: Roku TV: Playback stops

I see that you're updated to 5.7.5. If you haven't already, please try rebooting your Roku with the following steps: 

• Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
  • Scroll to select Settings.
  • Next select System and then Power.
    • If you don't see Power, skip to the next step.
  • Finally, select System Restart.

Let me know how it goes.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

15 Replies

sjeasley
Underground

I recently added the Pandora app to my new Roku Express 4K+ device. Initially, the Pandora app worked well. Now, the Pandora app will play only one song when I choose a genre or a station that I made.

I have removed and re-installed the Pandora app, but the problem persists. Pandora plays only one song, then I have to use the remote to choose another song.

Roku Express 4K+ 3941X

Serial # X01600J8SN5

TannerPandora

Hi @Falneth!

I've enabled a trace on your account to help further investigate. While this trace is enabled would you please try a few troubleshooting steps. Some of them it looks like you've already preformed, but I'd like you to try again while the trace is on.

First, check for an update to the Roku software: https://support.roku.com/article/208755668-how-to-update-the-software-on-your-roku-streaming-device

Then, delete the Pandora channel from My Channels, and add it back from the Channel Store. When deleting, you should be asked to sign back in.

If available on your TV, please try connecting directly with an Ethernet cable rather than WiFi.

If you continue to run into trouble, can you please give me the time and date playback stopped and which station you were listening too.

Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @sjeasley!

Can you let me know the following:

• What Roku software version is your device using? (Settings > System > About)
  • What Pandora channel version are you on? (Highlight the Pandora channel icon and select the * key.)

Let me know what you find or if you have any trouble.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

sjeasley
Underground

Roku: 11.5.0 build 4312-CR

Pandora app: Version 5.7 build 5

0 Kudos

s2meeske2
Local Performer

Playback stops after one song on Roku 4K+- Issue is NOT resolved BUT it works fine on the other two TV's with Roku devices it works fine! I have rebooted modem, removed and added Pandora back in, disabled screen saver time out. Updated software on Roku and Pandora.  Very annoying.  I went through he trouble shooting  process with the Pandora tech support and for no reason I started to work again for about 2 days and now back to square 1 Help would be appreciated

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@sjeasley Thanks for providing that info.

I've passed this along to the appropriate parties for further investigation. We'll follow up with you if we need any additional details.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@s2meeske2 I do see you have an open case with our support team regarding this issue.

If you have any additional questions, please make sure to reply back directly to the email they sent you, and they will be happy to further assist.

Thanks for being a part of the Community!

0 Kudos

sjeasley
Underground

I tried listening to Pandora today on Roku. It is working again. It fixed itself somehow.

sjeasley
Underground

I am new to Pandora and new to Roku. I added the Pandora Channel to my Roku. When I choose a station on Pandora, the station only plays between 1 song and 5 songs before it stops completely. Is this normal for Pandora?

Roku Express 4K+ model 3941-X

Roku software 11.5.0 build 4312-CR

Pandora Channel Version 5.7 build 5

Below are examples from February 27, 2023, in the order I tried them:

1. 70s Rock Radio played 1 song and stopped.
  2. Smooth Jazz Radio played 1 song and stopped.
  3. Classic Rock Radio played 1 ad and 3 songs, then stopped.
  4. Contemporary Jazz played 2 ads, then 3 songs, then 1 ad, then 1 song, and stopped.
  5. Rock Hits Radio played 1 song and stopped.
  6. 70s Lite Rock Radio played 1 song, then 2 ads, then 4 songs, and stopped.
  7. Smooth Jazz Instrumentals played 1 ad, then 1 song, and stopped.
  8. 60s, 70s, and 80s Hits Radio played 2 songs and stopped.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @sjeasley! Sorry to hear you're still having trouble. I've moved your message over to an existing thread that you've posted in: Roku TV: Playback stops

I see that you're updated to 5.7.5. If you haven't already, please try rebooting your Roku with the following steps: 

Let me know how it goes.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

sjeasley
Underground

Thank you for your clear, easy-to-follow directions. That solved the problem! Thank you!

TannerPandora

Yay! So glad that helped. 🙌

TannerPandora_0-1677699231078.gif

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

rdl0066
Local Performer

Im having the same problem when I play Pandora on my Roku, one song then it stops. It has worked fine for years. This has started doing this within the last couple of weeks. It doesn't do that when I play it on my phone. 

What has changed? 

Moderator Edit: Removed Personal Info

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rdl0066 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Roku: Playback stops after version 5.7.5

I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps.

First, let's reboot your Roku using the following steps:

If you still have trouble, remove the Pandora channel from My Channels, and try re-adding it from the Channel Store. (You can find the Remove channel option by pressing the * key on your remote while the Pandora channel is highlighted on the home screen.)

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

sjeasley
Underground
Hello,

Thank you for your follow-up. Your support team solved this problem for me a while ago. I thought I had e-mailed back and updated on the site. I apologize if my updates didn't go through. Thank you for your help!

Steve