cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku: Playback stops

dmarmet
Underground

I have been listening to Pandora on my TV for years. All of a sudden it will play a station for a while and then stops playing., goes back to the roku home screen. so I try to start it again and the station won't play. Shows the station but blank where the songs should be. Please help and thank you!

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

dmarmet
Underground
Good morning TannerYesterday I signed out of Pandora, uninstalled, reinstalled, signed back in, and then checked for the version it was 6.5. Then I checked for the version of the Roku. 12. 0.0. Noticed there was an update available so I did that updated to 12.5 and bingo! It seems to be working, a few hours today and I will know! Thanks so much for your help!

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

View solution in original post

30 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @dmarmet Welcome to community. Sorry to hear you're having trouble with Pandora on your Roku.

I see that you last connected your Roku back in 2019. Sometimes it can be best to refresh the connection with Pandora.

Please try the following steps to see if they will help:

First, let's reboot your Roku:

• Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
  • Scroll to select Settings.
  • Next select System and then Power.
    • If you don't see Power, skip to the next step.
  • Finally, select System Restart.

If you still have trouble, remove the Pandora channel from My Channels, and try re-adding it from the Channel Store. (You can find the Remove channel option by pressing the * key on your remote while the Pandora channel is highlighted on the home screen.)

Let me know how it goes.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

dmarmet
Underground

Good morning Tanner

I tried both of your suggestions this morning. Neither corrected the problem.
Any more ideas?

Moderator Edit: Format

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @dmarmet 

I checked your account this morning and I'm not seeing a new Roku connection with your account. If you uninstalled and reinstalled the Pandora app on you Roku you should have been prompted to sign back in.

If not, I'll go ahead and manually remove the connection on my end. When this takes affect, it will automatically sign you out. After this happens, I would uninstall the Pandora app and then reinstall. Then log back in.

When you get a chance, can you also let me know the following info:

• What Roku software version is your device using? (Settings > System > About)
  • What Pandora channel version are you on? (Highlight the Pandora channel icon and select the * key.)

Thanks for the help!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

dmarmet
Underground
Good morning TannerYesterday I signed out of Pandora, uninstalled, reinstalled, signed back in, and then checked for the version it was 6.5. Then I checked for the version of the Roku. 12. 0.0. Noticed there was an update available so I did that updated to 12.5 and bingo! It seems to be working, a few hours today and I will know! Thanks so much for your help!

TannerPandora

Thanks for the update, @dmarmet! Let us know if you continue to have trouble. 🎧

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Mario52
Underground

Good afternoon I seem to be having a similar problem, stations play a few songs and then the channel stops working. Have updated current software Roku 12.0/Pandra 6.5, reset router, Roku box, installed/unistalled multiple times. This happens with both my wife anomy account. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Mario52 I don't actually see any Roku devices associated with this Pandora account.

My guess is you are currently logged into a different Pandora account on that device.

Please contact our support team directly for further assistance here.

They will be happy to look into this once your message is submitted.

Thanks for being a part of the Community!

0 Kudos

dmarmet
Underground
Good morning I did everything you mentioned, but when I updated the Roku, it updated from 12.0 to 12.5. since then it has been working as it should.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for confirming, @dmarmet. If you run into any additional issues, please don't hesitate to let us know. Happy listening! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 
0 Kudos

jharan
Underground

I am having the same problem. I've been listening to Pandora via Roku for a few years now and now for the last couple of weeks I'll be playing one of my favorite stations and it will stop and bump be back to the Roku menu. Then I click on Pandora again but now when I go to My Stations and select one of my favorites it shows a blue screen with the name of the station but where the album cover is supposed to be its just blank blue. No music. I've deleted the Pandora app and reinstalled. Problem still occurs. I've tried updating the Pandora app. It says its up to date at version 6.5 and 'Pandora' is up to date. I've tried upgrading the Roku software. It's at software version 12.0.0 build 4184. I click Check Now and it says "All software is up to date". The About button says I have a Roku Player 4230X. I've restarted the Roku from the system menu several time. Funny thing is, this has been happening off and on for a few weeks and sometimes when I come back to it, my stations will work fine again, until I listen to them for a while.

profilergirl
Underground

I am having the exact same problem as "jharan" stated above on 10-10-23. 
To the letter - did everything they did and same result.

please fix this, Pandora. 🙏

Moderator Edit: Format

jharan
Underground

Profilergirl,

I was wondering if you are a Pandora paying customer or a listen-for-freeloader like me?

Just wondering if the problem is related to whether one is paying for the service or not.

Thanks,

jharan

0 Kudos

profilergirl
Underground

Not a paying customer, Happened like 4x today with Pandora stopping, then
home page.

*~ Carla Baron*

0 Kudos

Mario52
Underground
I’m just using basic service, NO PAY, I updated both Roku and Pandora and the stations seem to be working as before. Could have been a firmware issue? I will keep posting if issues continue.

profilergirl
Underground

Look - I worked for Court TV for over 7 years - Pandora is concealing something here.

FIX THIS.

0 Kudos

profilergirl
Underground

They only work for a couple of hours - tops.

0 Kudos

jharan
Underground

Profilergirl,

I listen to mostly old boomer, progressive rock from the 70s and 80s. Not exactly "top of the charts" in 2023. I am guessing my favorite stations don't get much play and thus may not have many advertisers. In the past that seems to have meant that my stations didn't get that many commercial breaks, which was fine with me. But I am wondering if Pandora has had a change in policy. Maybe now if there's no commercial lined up on the station, instead of playing the station anyway they give you the blank blue screen of death in the hope that you switch to a different station that does have commercials lined up. They don't make any money off of no pays if those listeners never hear any commercials. This would explain the behavior, some stations work, some don't, and which one's do or don't keeps changing with the behavior of advertisers.

Just wondering if you musical tastes are similarly unpopular.

Thanks,

jharan

0 Kudos

jharan
Underground

Correction "your musical tastes".

0 Kudos

profilergirl
Underground

I listen to obscure tracks & artists that set the mood for my work daily in here.

What we listen to is of absolutely no concern to Pandora. They could have a problem with the FCC should that be the case. 🍂

0 Kudos