cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku: Specific station in collection won't play

aeryn8
Local Performer

Help please! Can't figure this out... I usually listen to Pandora on my Roku TV. When I signed in today, my favorite radio station won't fully load (it says it's loaded but there is no picture in the "box" and there is nothing playing). When I switch to a different radio station, it plays fine, then switch back to this one - does the same thing, won't fully load/play.

BUT, I then went to sign into my Pandora account on my laptop (firefox browser, if that matters) to check, and the radio station is working just fine there! After lots of back and forth, signing out of Pandora on Roku, and even deleting the Pandora app on Roku and reloading it, I just can't seem to get this one radio station to work. Like I said, everything else is working fine. All other radio stations are playing normally on Roku and all radio stations, including this one, are playing normally if on my laptop/internet browser. It doesn't make any sense!

The only thing I can think of is last time I was listening (the day before), there was an ad playing when I closed out the app. Usually I try to let the ads finish and only close out the app during a song. I really don't know if that makes a difference... But it really just doesn't make any sense why it's still working on my account on the browser and all other radio stations are working fine...

Can anyone help with this???

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

auntbeth
Local Performer

I have this exact same problem with one of my stations. Works fine on laptop, won't work on Roku even after reinstalling channel. 

After noticing that the station was playing fine on another Roku device, I realized this was specific to the one Roku TV I had. Not sure if this did it, but I managed to get it working again by going to another station that was working fine and hitting the pause button so that it stopped playing. When I went back to the station that didn't play, an ad immediately started playing, and after that, the station returned. 

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

View solution in original post

2 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@aeryn8 I do see you have an open case with our support team regarding this issue.

If you have any additional questions, please make sure to reply back directly to the email they sent you, and they will be happy to further assist.

Thanks for being a part of the Community!

0 Kudos

auntbeth
Local Performer

I have this exact same problem with one of my stations. Works fine on laptop, won't work on Roku even after reinstalling channel. 

After noticing that the station was playing fine on another Roku device, I realized this was specific to the one Roku TV I had. Not sure if this did it, but I managed to get it working again by going to another station that was working fine and hitting the pause button so that it stopped playing. When I went back to the station that didn't play, an ad immediately started playing, and after that, the station returned. 

Moderator Edit: Merged posts