Samsung TV: No Sound

rayjaq
Local Performer

I have no sound on Pandora

Labels (1)
252 Replies

GuyinIdaho
Local Performer

Is your TV still in warranty? Submit a repair request to Samsung. My TV locks up during video streaming. I contacted Costco tech support who in turn contacted Samsung tech support. They are sending me a new TV because they don't have replacement main boards in stock. We'll see if that fixes the problem!

0 Kudos

MrPenguin
Local Performer
  • I have used a Samsung smart tv for four years with no issues with pandora.  Now I can no longer hear the music while it appears to be playing. Sound bars move but no time stamp on the music bar.  I can hear advertisements when I first reinstall, but not the music after.  I have deleted and reinstalled, done software updates and unplugged the tv for 30 seconds to try and get it to work with no luck.  Any thoughts? 16946134337959068110370206588202.jpg

Blahsaysme2u
Local Performer

@TannerPandora

Samsung TV model

Un70nu6070 

Router and modem models

we have glofiber and use their 1gb fiberoptic modem. 

Are you using Wi-Fi or Ethernet?

We are using eathernet plugged directly into the modem

What is the name of your Internet Service Provider?

Glofiber

0 Kudos

crudg
Local Performer

No sound Samsung TV

I just replaced the Spectrum router with Netgear Nighthawk XR1000.  Both the Samsung and LG tvs connect via Ethernet.  No problem with the LG but Samsung not working. No sound no access.

0 Kudos

Lorelau
Local Performer

Having this problem. No sound on Samsung tv 55, I have a att modem

0 Kudos

KennyMac
Local Performer

I just got a new Samsung tv and installed the pandora app and have the same issue, it appears to be playing but there’s no sound. TV is hardwired and I’ve run through the checklist posted above. Checked the router and there’s no way to disable IPv6, but all addresses are IPv4.

Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos

KennyMac
Local Performer

@TannerPandora Is there any update for this "no sound" issue?

Samsung Class: TU690T Model: UN75TU690TFXZA

Router: Arris TG1682  (TV is hardwired to router)

Provider: SCI Broadband, Hinkley, MN

Thanks!

Ken

0 Kudos

JTKetchum
Local Performer

Hi Tanner,

Same issue with the no sound. I tried logging out and back in, shutting down Pandora, etc. Nothing seems to work. I am using Pandora on the following devices:

Samsung Q60C QLED 4K Smart Tizen

Using Wi-Fi 
T‑Mobile 5G Home Internet

Thanks in advance!

Janice

0 Kudos

Voided
Local Performer

I believe this is on Samsung. I finally found the update. In the app section it states I’m on 3.0.2 yet in the app itself is 3.0.0.. gonna delete app completely and reinstall. See if app will update to 3.0.2 

0 Kudos

Blahsaysme2u
Local Performer
Mine says version 2.0.3 and shows it's the latest version...I dont see a
version 3 at all
0 Kudos

Libertyboy
Underground

I hope this helps somebody.   After resetting to factory defaults and using the Samsung SmartThings app to set up the TV, I now have sound on Pandora and Spotify.  

TannerPandora

Pandora Update 1/5/24:

We've received confirmation from several listeners that disabling the IPV6 from the Network Settings on their Samsung TV has resolved the no sound issue for them. In an effort to further investigate if this work around is helpful we're asking if other listeners would be willing to try and disable this setting on their TV.

How to disable IPV6 from your Samsung TV:

• Go to Home
  • Settings
  • General
  • Network
  • Expert Settings - From here you can disable the IVP6 setting
  • Reboot the TV and/or uninstall and reinstall the Pandora app (You may need to do both).

Let us know if this workaround has helped you.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Magnolya
Local Performer

I have had the same issue with no sound on my Samsung TV since early last year. It was only doing it here and there until Dec 2023.  It then started to only play one song with sound and I would have to close the app and reopen it.  Sometimes it allowed me to skip to the next song and it would play, but then after that one, no sound again. I have deleted/reinstalled the app, updated the TV and did a soft reset as well. The app information on the TV says "updated 11/10/2016, latest version 2.0.3 (installed)", but on the Pandora app itself under settings, it shows "version 3.0.0 | static". No updates available.

After reading someone's post about it possibly being the interent; I decided to switch to my phone's Hotspot and surprisingly it has been working so far. I have used this app on my Samsung TV since 2021 and had no issues. However, we did switch internet providers prior to this problem starting. So now I am thinking it may have something to do with the router/modem/provider. We currently use Frontier and just had a software update within the last month.

I hope this helps solve the issue.

0 Kudos

720Highlander
Local Performer

Hooray! Thank you! Disabling the IPV6 button now allows my Samsung TV to play Pandora again. The tech support at Pandora and Samsung were no help.😀

0 Kudos

Libertyboy
Underground

This worked for a few days, but later the sound stopped working again.  

0 Kudos

Libertyboy
Underground

This also affects other song services, not just Pandora.  

0 Kudos

mchadwm5
Local Performer

Tanner - I have the CU8000 with the same Pandora sound failure.  This TV does not show the ability to disable IPv6 from the "Expert" menu.  What else can be done?

I have:

- Reset the TV

- Uninstalled/reinstalled the app

- rebooted the home network

- tried both wired and wireless (although wired is my standard configuration)

- ensured software is up to date

- ensured ALL other apps (music and video) work perfectly)

0 Kudos

Libertyboy
Underground

My newer Samsung does not appear to have an expert setting to turn on/off the IPV6 protocol.   Pandora plays on my Sony TV.  Maybe this is a Samsung problem and not a Pandora problem.  

0 Kudos

CNMocha
Local Performer

I've been able to listen to Pandora for almost 6 months and all of a sudden in the past 3 days I'm getting no sound.

I've tried the suggestion about going to Expert Settings and there is no "IVP6" setting to disable, however all options in this section are already disabled.

It works on my other Samsung TV which is  older (8yrs) but it doesn't work on the newer one which is about 2yrs old.

Are there any other suggestions to fix this?

I

0 Kudos

naples3078
Underground

I started experiencing it about a month earlier on my 65 inch samsung in living room. Reinstalled several times, it would play one song and then go mute. Tried everything suggested and even reset the tv to factory default and reinstalled all apps. No help. Installed it on my smaller samsung tv in bedroom as a work around and it worked fine so know it is is not network. 

I just tried going in to my pandora account and I hit the option to log out all other devices from my pc. 

I then changed my password while I was in there.

Then I went to my phone app and logged in and then went to my app on the living room TV and reactivated app and it seems to be working now.

0 Kudos