cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sonos: Playback stops after ad

jjscheid
Local Performer

Pandora stops playing on my Sonos after adds play.  I have to exit and restart the app after each add. 

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

BDiddy1
Local Performer

How to fix it: 

I had the same problem, it’s because you’re running Pandora through the phone app.

Go into the Sonos app, Services and Voice, Music and Content, Add Content and then select Pandora and sign into your Pandora account.

Now play Pandora in your Sonos app and it should not stop after ads.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @jjscheid! Welcome to community.

Can you tell me a little more about your experience?

• Are you using the Pandora app or the Sonos Controller app?
  • If you are using the Sonos Controller app, are you streaming from your mobile device or from a computer?
  • Does this only happen when playing through your Sonos or other devices like mobile and web?

Thanks, let me know!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

jjscheid
Local Performer

I am using the Pandora app and it only happens when playing to Sonos. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @jjscheid! Thanks for the follow up.

I would like to report this issue to our engineers. Could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone X, iPad Air (3rd gen), etc.)
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Thanks for your help with this.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

JS9
Local Performer

I am having the same issue.  I will open my Pandora app  on my I phone and play a station - broadcasting via my Sonos.  After each advertisement my Pandora stops and I have to exit and re-open the app.  I am using my iPhone IOS 15.5 and my Pandora is uptodate.

0 Kudos

Jeffdlowell
Local Performer

Same problem with me this evening after getting a new iPhone and installing latest iOS.

0 Kudos

jmoney1
Underground

Good luck ever getting them to fix this. Seems hopeless. I've done all that they asked me and they never got back to me. Probably best to just switch to Spotify or Apple Music at this point. 

0 Kudos

Rynh
Local Performer

It has been more than a year that I am facing this issue. This issue persists even after multiple ios and app updates. My sonos speaker is up to date as well. I have upgraded from Asus router to Google Nest mesh setup months ago, still same problem. It is definitely a pandora issue. All other streaming services works well.

(iPhone X, latest iOS, Ikea Sonos Bookshelf speaker - music stops every time after an ad is played)

0 Kudos

BDiddy1
Local Performer

How to fix it: 

I had the same problem, it’s because you’re running Pandora through the phone app.

Go into the Sonos app, Services and Voice, Music and Content, Add Content and then select Pandora and sign into your Pandora account.

Now play Pandora in your Sonos app and it should not stop after ads.

0 Kudos