cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sonos: Upgraded, but hearing ads

Scrainstjohn
Local Performer

I upgraded Pandora (from Plus to Premium) but then started hearing ads. I went to Settings and turned off Artist and Discovery Messages. I don’t hear ads on the app anymore, but I’m still hearing ads when listening through Sonos. What can I do?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Scrainstjohn. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having some trouble. I do see that your Pandora account is upgraded.  We don't share email addresses on the community in order to protect your personal information. However, I can confirm that you are upgraded to Premium.

Please keep in mind, Pandora accounts follow the email address, not the device or phone number. You can sign into the same Pandora account on any computer or supported device, as long as you use the same email address and Pandora password. This applies to both free and paid Pandora accounts.

++

Your Account & Sonos:

In order to receive ad-free music on your Sonos device, you will need to verify that you're logged into your upgraded account within the Sonos app.

From your mobile device, open the Sonos app and go to Settings, then My Services. Select Pandora from this list and verify that you're signed in with the above email address. If not, sign out, then sign back in with the upgraded account.

From a computer, go to the Sonos app and click Manage, then Service Settings. Select Pandora, then click Edit (on a Mac this is represented by a small gear), and select Change Password to confirm you are using the correct account info. If not, sign out, then sign back in with the upgraded account.

++

If you are still seeing ads after confirming you are logged in with the correct address, can you tell me a bit more about the advertising you are seeing?

Is it for a specific brand or artist? Are you hearing them while listening to podcasts?

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
21 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Scrainstjohn. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having some trouble. I do see that your Pandora account is upgraded.  We don't share email addresses on the community in order to protect your personal information. However, I can confirm that you are upgraded to Premium.

Please keep in mind, Pandora accounts follow the email address, not the device or phone number. You can sign into the same Pandora account on any computer or supported device, as long as you use the same email address and Pandora password. This applies to both free and paid Pandora accounts.

++

Your Account & Sonos:

In order to receive ad-free music on your Sonos device, you will need to verify that you're logged into your upgraded account within the Sonos app.

From your mobile device, open the Sonos app and go to Settings, then My Services. Select Pandora from this list and verify that you're signed in with the above email address. If not, sign out, then sign back in with the upgraded account.

From a computer, go to the Sonos app and click Manage, then Service Settings. Select Pandora, then click Edit (on a Mac this is represented by a small gear), and select Change Password to confirm you are using the correct account info. If not, sign out, then sign back in with the upgraded account.

++

If you are still seeing ads after confirming you are logged in with the correct address, can you tell me a bit more about the advertising you are seeing?

Is it for a specific brand or artist? Are you hearing them while listening to podcasts?

Let me know. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

Scrainstjohn
Local Performer

I verified that I’m logged into the correct account. I even deleted the connection within Sonos and then reinstated it. 

The advertising is during Artist stations and appears to be for different things. I have not listened to podcasts. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Scrainstjohn Thanks for confirming.

I had someone from our User Support team remove the Sonos device association from your account to reset it completely.

You can reactivate Sonos with Pandora using these steps.

Next, check for any updates to the Sonos and Pandora apps.

To check for any necessary updates, visit the app store on your device.

• Let's also make sure that your Sonos' firmware is up to date.
  • To check for firmware updates from an iOS or Android device, open your Sonos app and tap on the More tab. Select Settings and then Check for Updates
  • Once any necessary updates are complete, restart your Sonos device and try Pandora again.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

cjfrogman
Local Performer

Bought a subscription to Pandora Premium. Still get commercials constantly. Tried customer support... they said that it was a Sonos problem. Guess what Sonos said... it's a Pandora problem.

Pandora is a wonderful idea with a crappy product and even crappier customer service.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cjfrogman I moved your post to the Other Devices space since it sounds like you are only running into trouble with ads when listening on your Sonos device.

I am going to have someone else from our support team reach back out to you via email to see if they can further assist with this.

Please keep an eye out for their message. 

Thanks for your patience! 🤝

0 Kudos

Spagirl21
Local Performer

Why do I get commercials after connecting to my Sonos?? Is it their app?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Spagirl21 👋🏻thanks for posting. 

I moved your message over to an existing thread:  Upgraded, but hearing ads when listening on Sonos

It appears that there was a communication error between the Apple billing system and our system. The error seems to have been resolved and your subscription has returned to normal.

If you continue to hear ads on your Sonos, I would recommend signing out and then back in again. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Sadie61
Local Performer

Hi,

I too am having the same problem.  I am logged into my Premium account, but am hearing ads (Capital One, is one of them)  Please help!  I am playing Pandora Premium on Sonos speakers.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Sadie61! Thanks for posting.

I checked the Pandora account associated with your community profile and see that this account is not currently upgraded but instead set to the free ad-supported version of Pandora. Additionally, this account was last upgraded in 2020 to Pandora Plus via Apple.

If you've recently upgraded, can you let me know the if you upgraded directly with Pandora or a 3rd party vendor such as Apple or Google Play?

Or is it possible you have another Pandora account under a different email address?

Oops! Looks like @AlyssaPandora escalated your case to our User Support team via email. If you have any questions, please be sure to reply directly to the email. 

If you don't see any email from the support team, please check any spam or junk folders. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Sadie61
Local Performer

Thanks for the quick reply.  Our other account is [Email].  We thought the Sadie61 was the premium acct.  Maybe not.  All I know is we have not heard commercials for a very long time, until we set up Sonos.  I believe we pay 12.99 per month.  All so hard to keep track of!  Please check this other account and see if that is the issue.Thanks again!

Moderator Edit: Personal Information

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Sadie61

I checked the second email you provided and see that it is upgraded to Pandora Plus through Apple, billed at $4.99 a month. 

However, I double checked the account associated with your community profile and see that it now says you're upgraded to Pandora Plus through Apple, billed at $4.99 a month. 

There may have been a communication error between the Apple billing system and our system. It looks like this error has been resolved. 

If you're still hearing commercials on your Sonos device, I would sign out and back in again with your account information. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

darjo
Local Performer

Hi there,

I am staying at a friends house in the same town and cannot pull up my Pandora on their Sonos. They don’t pay so I’m hearing commercials and I pay with no commercials. Do I need to delete my other account and re-sign up or something?

Thanks, Darcy

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@darjo In order to receive ad-free music on the Sonos device, you will need to verify that you're logged into your upgraded account within the Sonos app.

If you're having trouble with this, I recommend contacting the Sonos support team for more help.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

darjo
Local Performer
Thanks so much for the info to be able to have Pandora at my friends house! I like their music, but like mine better and w/o ads!
Darcy

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Always happy to help, @darjo. 😎

0 Kudos

Chuck46
Local Performer

Pandora Plus works great in my truck.  I have a Sonos system in my house.  My problem is when I access Pandora the Pandora Plus is not functional.  Is there a solution or am I out of luck?

Thanks

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Chuck46 To clarify, is the issue that you are still hearing ads when streaming Pandora on your Sonos device?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

Chuck46
Local Performer
Yes

Sent from my iPhone
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up, @Chuck46,

I moved your post over to this existing thread: Sonos - Upgraded, but hearing ads

In order to receive ad-free music on the Sonos device, you will need to verify that you're logged into your upgraded account within the Sonos app.

If you're having trouble with this, I recommend contacting the Sonos support team for more help.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos