cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Platforms: 100 track limit on playlist for Premium

mddobbs70
Local Performer

I have a specific large playlist (~130 songs) that I have been aggregating for a party.  I will eventually shorten it, but for now, I have noticed an unusual behavior.  All songs are listed on my Android phone and my Android tablet, my Chromebook, and on my desktop PC.  I planning on playing the list on shuffle mode on my Roku 3, which is hooked up to my family room audio system.  I noticed that the latest songs added to the list were not available.  When I checked, the latest Roku Pandora app only shows the first 100 songs.  Is this a bug or feature limitation?  Does any one else see this?  I realize this is a long list, but it plays fine except on the Roku.

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

overthemoon
Opening Act

This is just a limitation of TV platforms and Pandora Premium. I've emailed their support team about it before and it was treated as a feature request for them to consider in the future.

View solution in original post

21 Replies

overthemoon
Opening Act

This is just a limitation of TV platforms and Pandora Premium. I've emailed their support team about it before and it was treated as a feature request for them to consider in the future.

Sammy
Underground

When I shuffle a long playlist (over 100 songs) on the Vizio Pandora app, it will only select from the first 100 songs on the Playlist rather than the full playlist.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Sammy thanks for posting to community! 

I've moved your post to this thread because it sounds like you have a similiar question. I would checkout @overthemoon's response above

They are correct, this is a limitation of TV platforms for Premium. I would recommend visiting our Feature Request board, from there you can post new ideas, feedback and suggestions that you'd like to see on Pandora. 

Thanks again for being part of community! 🎧

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Trace
Local Performer

I have playlists with over 200 songs but I can only see 100 anywhere but on the Pandora website.

Why? And is there a work around?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Trace  Nice to see you around the community.

Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

If you are on a computer, are you listening from:

• A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  1. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  2. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  3. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing? (If you're not sure how to take a screenshot, just let me know and I'll be happy to provide you with some additional steps.)

Thanks for all your help with this.

0 Kudos

Trace
Local Performer

When I am listening on my computer, a Windows 10 driven laptop, I can see all the songs, currently 200 for example in my list "ONE".

When I listen on my TV, through Roku, I can see my various playlists, and playlist "ONE" shows 200 songs. But when I select that playlist to play there are only 100 songs. When I scroll through them there are only 100 displayed. I can take a picture of that but don't know how to attach it here.

When I use my cell phone, an Android driven Motorola Droid Turbo I can see all 200.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Trace I moved your post to this thread since you are running into a similar issue.

You can check out @TannerPandora's message above for more information around this.

Thanks for being a part of the community! 

0 Kudos

Kathubbard1027
Local Performer

Can anyone help me. I'm having issues with the Pandora app through my Xfinity service. I have the premium subscription so I have playlists.  However, when I use Xfinity app on TV it only loads the first 100 songs on my playlists. On the home page it says the full amount of songs but when I click the actual playlist, it only shows 100 songs. Why is it doing this! I'm so confused.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Kathubbard1027. 👋

I moved your post over to this thread as it appears that you're noticing the limitation.

Feel free to check out @overthemoon's post / solution regarding the 100 track limit for playlists on your TV. 

Thanks so much for posting on the community! 🎶

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Ecrivera20
Local Performer

I have a Premium account and I just bought a new Vizio TV, it's all updated. I logged into Pandora and it says my playlist has 270 songs, but when I play it, it says it only has 100 songs to listen to. Can I fix this?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Ecrivera20 Welcome to Community! 

I've moved your message to an existing thread, you can check it out here

I would checkout @overthemoon's response above. This is a limitation of the TV platform for Premium.

I would recommend visiting our Feature Request board

From there, you can post your feedback and ideas that you'd like to see on Pandora. Don't forget to vote for the ideas you like so we know which ones are popular. ❤️

Thanks for being part of community! Hope to see you around more. 🎧

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Ginger_Qxeen234
Local Performer

So, we have Pandora through my brother's xbox. I've got my account linked so I can listen to my stuff and I have a playlist created with over 300 songs. However, when I try to listen to it through his Xbox, it shows only 100 songs. Is there anyway to fix it so I can listen to all of my songs?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Ginger_Qxeen234 thanks for posting to community! I moved your message over to an existing thread on this subject here

Sorry for any inconvenience around this. Unfortunately, this is a track limitation on the TV platform. You can check out @overthemoon post above. 

There is a feature request for this in our Feature Request board. If this is something you'd like to see added to Pandora, please be sure to vote. 

Thanks again for being part of community. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Scotlund
Local Performer

How exactly is wanting to see an entire playlist a "feature" request?  If I am shuffling the playlist it will play things beyond the first 100 songs listed, but I can't select any song beyond the first 100 because they aren't displayed.   That's a straight up bug.  

Amazon Music can display more than 100 songs on a playlist on the same platform, so let's just stop saying it's "a track limitation on the TV platform".  It's a problem with your code that you haven't prioritized.

Eaotto89
Local Performer

I have a Playlist on my android phone that has 183 songs. But when I play that Playlist on my Roku TV (3) and on my desktop at work it says that Playlist has only 100 songs. How cant I get it to "refresh"? I tried logging out and back in. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Eaotto89. 👋

Nice to see you around the community space.

To keep everything organized, I moved your post over to this existing thread: TV Platforms: 100 Track Limit on Playlist on Premium

Feel free to check out @overthemoon's post / solution regarding the 100 track limit for playlists on your TV. 

Hope this information is helpful! 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

Rthrbfshing
Underground

The pandora app is a POS.   Im sorry i upgraded to premium.   It magically adds similar songs and then won't let me delete them every time I refresh it brings the same crappy songs back to my playlist that I did not add and then I can't see more than 100 of the tracks on Roku or any other app other than my phone which is not how I had planned on playing it at my wedding instead I'm going to go to Spotify and get rid of my stupid Pandora account thanks for nothing guys

Sgpboss
Local Performer

My full playlist does not show on my roku pandora . My favorite playlist "road trip" has 216 songs that plays on both my android and iPhone however on my roku it only shows 100 songs. Does anyone know how to fix this? 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Sgpboss. 👋

I moved your post over to this existing thread: TV Platforms: 100 Track Limit on Playlist on Premium

Feel free to check out @overthemoon's post / solution regarding the 100 track limit for playlists on your TV. 

We also have this feature request that you can upvote if you'd like to see a different option implemented: Increase 100 Track Playlist Limit on TV

To upvote an idea, click on the 💙icon next to the title of the feature suggestion. 

Hope to see you around the community space more often. 🎧

0 Kudos