cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xbox - No sound

Stacychaviss
Local Performer

Ok so I have a xbox one s, I Downloaded Pandora but I have no sound Went to my settings Still no sound. Have no idea what I'm doing wrong can someone help with this issue..

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Zero1373
Local Performer

Open the Pandora app, push play on a song

press the Xbox home button on your controller

select pandora from the list by highlighting and pressing A

under the skip and play buttons will be a bar, that shows a controller on one end and a music note on the other.  Move the slider from controller to the note

hope this helps 

View solution in original post

arelbromosapien
Local Performer

Hi not sure if anyone ever got the answer going here but I checked 

Settings / general  / volume and audio output / chat mixer 

its seems that at some point or another it changed from "do nothing at  all"  to "reduce all other to 0%"

Once I made that change back it solved the problem.

View solution in original post

29 Replies

TannerPandora

Hey @Stacychaviss - Thanks for posting!

Let's try start with some standard troubleshooting steps to see if we can resolve this. 

First, if you haven't already, make sure your internet connection is working properly:

1. Try connecting directly via an Ethernet cable rather than using Wi-Fi (if you have this option), and see if it works better.
  2. Try rebooting your modem and router and restarting the device.

If that doesn't help, let's try uninstalling and reinstalling the Pandora app. Note: you'll need to be signed into your Xbox Live account. 

1. Go to My games & apps from the home screen and highlight Pandora from the list of apps.
  2. Press the menu button on your controller.
  3. Select Uninstall.
  4. Choose Uninstall all to confirm that you want to uninstall the app.

Then, reinstall the app:

1. From Xbox's Home, go to Store and either select Browse apps > Popular music apps or search for Pandora to download the app.
  2. When the download is complete, you can find Pandora again in the My games & apps section.

Let me know how it goes.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Dalerdivish
Local Performer

None of the suggestions worked. What should I do?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Dalerdivish  Sorry for the continued trouble with Pandora on your Xbox! I'd like to report your issue to our engineers for further investigation.

Could you tell me what OS version your Xbox One is on? (To find that, go to Settings > System Console info.)

Also, what version of the Pandora app are you on? (You can find that in the Pandora app in Settings, underneath Terms of Use.)

Thanks for your help with this!

0 Kudos

jessica_king521
Local Performer

We deleted Pandora last year because the sound just stopped working all of a sudden. Now a year later I decided to reinstall and STILL NOTHING. Someone help

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jessica_king521 I moved your post here as it sounds like you are running into a similar issue.

I recommend running thorugh the troubleshooting steps @TannerPandora  provided in his above message. 

If that doesn't resolve the issue, could you tell me what OS version your Xbox One is on? (To find that, go to Settings > System Console info.)

Also, what version of the Pandora app are you on? (You can find that in the Pandora app in Settings, underneath Terms of Use.)

Thanks for your help with this! 

0 Kudos

About10kittenz
Local Performer
Having the same issue. Except it’s on all three of my Xbox consoles. I have the original one, one s, one x and not one will play pandora. My daughter uses this for bed every night. I have deleted and redownloaded numerous times. I’ve reset my consoles as well as internet. Pandora is the ONLY app not working.
0 Kudos

Jessicaerskine
Local Performer

Did anyone get a solution I am so sad that there is no sound?! Restarted, uninstalled, reinstalled. I cant figure it out. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Jessicaerskine Sorry for the continued trouble with Pandora on your Xbox.

Are you still experiencing sound issues on your XBox? If so, I'd like to report your issue to our engineers for further investigation.

Could you tell me what OS version your Xbox One is on? (To find that, go to Settings > System Console info.)

Thanks for the help! 🎧👍

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Zero1373
Local Performer

Open the Pandora app, push play on a song

press the Xbox home button on your controller

select pandora from the list by highlighting and pressing A

under the skip and play buttons will be a bar, that shows a controller on one end and a music note on the other.  Move the slider from controller to the note

hope this helps 

Shi226
Local Performer

Thanks so much! Worked like a charm. 

arelbromosapien
Local Performer

Hi not sure if anyone ever got the answer going here but I checked 

Settings / general  / volume and audio output / chat mixer 

its seems that at some point or another it changed from "do nothing at  all"  to "reduce all other to 0%"

Once I made that change back it solved the problem.

famouss_maurice
Local Performer

As am I having the same issues (starting on Thursday, May 7th, 2020). I tried to delete the app as well numerous times, so I tried again the next day. Same thing - wouldn’t let me enter the app at first, then it wouldn’t let me hear the music as the song was going on.

I would like for this to get fixed as soon as possible, as I use my Xbox for a music station while I work from my home office. It would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @famouss_maurice, thanks for posting!

I've asked our User Support team to remove the device association with your Xbox. I've also asked them to enable a trace on your account, this can sometimes help us determine errors. 

Would you mind trying to uninstall and reinstall again? With the trace enabled I'd like to see if anything stands out. 

To uninstall and reinstall the Pandora app:

Note: you'll need to be signed into your Xbox Live account. 

1. Go to My games & apps from the home screen and highlight Pandora from the list of apps.
  2. Press the menu button on your controller.
  3. Select Uninstall.
  4. Choose Uninstall all to confirm that you want to uninstall the app.

Then, reinstall the app:

1. From Xbox's Home, go to Store and either select Browse apps > Popular music apps or search for Pandora to download the app.
  2. When the download is complete, you can find Pandora again in the My games & apps section.

Let me know how it goes.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

famouss_maurice
Local Performer

I followed the procedure, and nothing changed.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for confirming, @famouss_maurice.

I'd like to report your issue to our engineers for further investigation.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Pandora AMP is at SXSW '24 this week. Come say hi!
0 Kudos

famouss_maurice
Local Performer

OS Version: 10.0.19041.1927

App Version: 3.0.0

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@famouss_maurice Thanks for writing back with that. I've sent this over to our engineers. This information is really valuable, and helps us determine what might be happening.

I know this has been a frustrating issue, and I can assure you we are working on a resolution.

We really appreciate your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

Hayin_Ike
Local Performer

This fixed my volume issue! Thank you! I hope others read this answer because everything else didn't work for me. 

TannerPandora

Glad to hear that solution worked for you @Hayin_Ike 😁👍🏻Happy Friday!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos