cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yamaha Device: "Access Error" Message

YamahaMCuser
Underground

I'm experiencing  the same "Access Error" across all (3) of my Yamaha devices all of a sudden - I can play Pandora fine on my PC through web page, and on my phone with Pandora app.  This just started happening for no apparent reason.  Network access from my Yamaha's is fine as they can play Internet radio stations just fine. I can't even log back in/or out - the Yamaha just refuses to even try to connect with "Access error" . I find it difficult to believe all three of my Yamaha Musiccast devices failed at the same time, this must have something to do with my Pandora account?

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
366 Replies

paintman161
Local Performer

@TannerPandora  - sure!  It's a Yamaha RX-V679.  Appreciate any help - we are so missing our Pandora.

0 Kudos

Manek
Underground

After years of trouble free listening in am getting "Access error" message on my Yamaha RX-A1000 receiver. How does one remove device association as another thread suggests. I don't want to lose all the stations I have been using. Thanks.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks @paintman161! 🙌🏻 I've passed this along to our engineering team so they can look into this a bit more. 

Thanks for your patience in the meantime. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Manek! Thanks for posting.

I've moved your message over to an existing thread: Yamaha - Error message: "Access Error"

It's not possible to remove devices on your end at this time, but I'm happy to help and remove this association for you as it has helped some of the other listeners on this thread. 

Keep in mind, your content, like Stations, are saved through your Pandora account and not on any specific device.

Once removed, this will automatically log you out and you'll need to run through the set-up once again.

If you'd like to me to continue with this, let me know. You can tag @TannerPandora to catch my attention when I'm online.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Manek
Underground

Thanks so much for your response Tanner. I would like to take you up on your offer to help "remove this association". What information do you need from my end? 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Manek! Happy Friday!

I've gone ahead and removed the Yamaha device association with your account on my end. This may not take effect instantly, but when it does, you'll be automatically logged out.

When this occurs, you'll need to go through the set-up on your Yamaha once again and try to log back into Pandora.

If you continue to receive the error message, please let me know. Thanks! 😊

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Kpbhat2005
Underground

Pandora on my Yamaha tsr700 receiver was working fine until yesterday. Today I started seeing access error. When clicked on Pandora app, nothing loads and no song comes up. Can someone help?

0 Kudos

Manek
Underground

Hi Tanner, thanks for removing my Yamaha RX-A1000 receiver association with
my account. Unfortunately, I still kept getting the “Access error” message.
Out of a bit of desperation I unplugged the receiver for several minutes
and plugged it back but that didn’t help. Finally I unplugged the Ethernet
plug from the back of the receiver and clicked it back in and that seemed
to do the trick. Considering I hadn’t touched anything in the back of my
systems to have triggered the initial problem I remain mystified. But,
since it seems to work again I am a happy Padorista. Appreciate all your
efforts.

Thanks and have a safe musical summer….

Manek

email: [Email]

Moderator Edit: Personal Information

TannerPandora

Good tip, @Manek! Thanks for following up. I'm glad you were able to log back in and start listening. 🙌🏻

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Kpbhat2005! Thanks for posting. 

Several other listeners on this thread have said that removing the device association has helped them. @Manek found success by unplugging the ethernet cable and plugging it back in (if this applies to your model).

I can start by removing the device association from my end have you run through the set-up once again. 

Let me know if you'd like to give it a try. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Kpbhat2005
Underground

I am using Pandora over WiFi. I guess removing device association worked. I am able to continue to listen on the device now. Thank you so much. 

TannerPandora

Glad to hear it's working again, @Kpbhat2005! 🙌🏻

I actually hadn't removed any device yet, was waiting for the okay. Not sure what changed. Might have been a network thing, but unsure.

If it happens again, let me know!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

micmanchee
Local Performer

Hi Tanner, I'm having this issue on my RX-A1000. I've tried cycling power, removing ethernet, and reapplying login credentials to no avail. In fact, prior to re-logging in on the RX-A1000, it appeared as if my pandora user account was deleted from the device. Can you remove the device association? Thanks.

0 Kudos

Jreadytx
Underground

I am also having the same issue.  Worked great until a week ago.  Using a RX-V677.  Verified I can still access the receiver from the app on my mobile phone and I can still access Pandora on all my other devices.  Get the error "You are not connected to the network" but Spotify and other internet services work fine  and I can connect from my smartphone so definitely connected.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @micmanchee! Thanks for posting. 

I've removed your Yamaha device association from your Pandora account, when this takes effect, you'll be logged out automatically. 

Once you've been logged out, you'll want to go through the set-up again on your Yamaha. If you're still having trouble, I would run through the power cycling on the Yamaha and your modem/router once again.

Let me know how it goes.  

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Jreadytx! Thanks for posting your experience.

Based on your description, it sounds like you're receiving a different type of message. Is your Yamaha receiver connected by WiFi or ethernet?

I've gone ahead and enabled a trace on your account. Can you power cycle your modem / router / Yamaha receiver and then try Pandora on your Yamaha once more. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

micmanchee
Local Performer

I logged into Pandora on my Yamaha and it is working once again. Thank you @TannerPandora! Btw, this issue occurred soon after activating the T-Mobile ad-free weekends. @gregsjanes also previously mentioned a T-Mobile anomaly. Is this a known issue with T-Mobile ad-free weekends?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Glad to hear it's working again, @micmanchee! 🎉

It's interesting that you had the same experience after activating your T-Mobile ad-free weekend. Other than yours and @gregsjanes report, I haven't heard of this happening. However, I do report these experiences to our engineering team and have included your info.

At this time, since individual manufacturers are responsible for the implementation of the Pandora app for their products, some of the devices may lack certain features that are newly available. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Jreadytx
Underground

Tanner

Receiver is connected by WiFi. 

Over the weekend I had power cycled all the devices with no change.  This morning, however, I power cycled the receiver and Pandora came right up.  Not sure what changed but much appreciated.

Thanks for the quick response.  Best customer service I have received in a while.

TannerPandora

Glad to hear it's working again, @Jreadytx

Lemme know if it stops working again. Enjoy the tunes! 🙌🏻

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos