cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yamaha Device: "Access Error" Message

YamahaMCuser
Underground

I'm experiencing  the same "Access Error" across all (3) of my Yamaha devices all of a sudden - I can play Pandora fine on my PC through web page, and on my phone with Pandora app.  This just started happening for no apparent reason.  Network access from my Yamaha's is fine as they can play Internet radio stations just fine. I can't even log back in/or out - the Yamaha just refuses to even try to connect with "Access error" . I find it difficult to believe all three of my Yamaha Musiccast devices failed at the same time, this must have something to do with my Pandora account?

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
366 Replies

YamahaMCuser
Underground

Hi @TannerPandora , I yet again am faced with the wonderful "Access Error" when trying to play Pandora on my Yamaha Musicast 7810.   I had this problem last year and came to this forum and you did some magic to resolve it for all three of my Yamaha devices. Sometimes if I leave my Yamahao unplugged for a few hours I find that it resolves, but not this time.   I find it fantastic that you are able to "fix" this so quickly, but odd that this is the only method of resolution.  And of course, this usually happens at the worst time - like when hosting a party or on holidays.   Is there any permanent solution in sight?  Who can the angry mob point their pitchforks at? 🙂  In the mean time, can you remove my device association for all of my Yamaha devices associated with my account?  Thanks!

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @YamahaMCuser! Sorry to hear that! 😣 I've gone ahead and removed the association with your account. When this takes affect you'll be automatically logged out. 

If you continue to have trouble, let me know. 

Unfortunately, we have been unable to replicate this on our end in order to resolve. As a result, I have no ETA on when this might be fixed.

Sorry for the continued inconvenience. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @TFV! Thanks for posting. 

I moved your message over to an existing thread to help keep things tidy. Other users have said that this has been resolved by removing the Yamaha device association from your Pandora account and running through the set-up again. 

I've gone ahead and done this on my end. When it takes affect, you'll be automatically logged out. I've included your info on your engineering ticket for this as we continue to investigate. 

If you continue to have trouble, please let me know. Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Kpbhat2005
Underground

It worked.l!!!  Thank you. I was able to login again and enjoy pandora. 

Ghgage
Local Performer

Add me to the people getting "Access Error" on my Yamaha RX-A2070 Receiver when I try to access Pandora.  I first checked and internet connection is just fine.  Have tried to read through the View solution in original post and no luck in trying to find a solution.  

No luck.  Need help.  

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Ghgage! Thanks for posting your experience. 

Since others have mentioned that removing the device association has helped, I've gone ahead and done this for your account. 

When this takes affect, you'll automatically be logged out. When you log back in, let me know if you're continuing to have trouble. 

Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Rpi
Local Performer

Can you please remove my pandora account as well. account mail id: rpindian21@gmail.com

0 Kudos

Ghgage
Local Performer

I did as you suggested and everything is working just fine.  For others with a Yamaha receiver I had to do this through Yamaha’s app (MusicCast Controller).  

0 Kudos

ecarbone2051
Local Performer

TannerPandora,

Your fix did not go through. I have 3 devices associated with the account. Can you try to remove the Yamaha device again or may be all 3? Anything else I should do?

Tks.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @ecarbone2051 I'm going to follow up with you in a private message.

Checking the Pandora account associated with your community profile, I only see one Android device. Sounds like you may have more than one Pandora account. 

You may receive an email notification about this private message, but please be sure to respond directly here in community. An envelope icon will appear in the top right of the community page. 

Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

daknox2
Local Performer

Hey @TannerPandora can you please help me with my Yamaha Receiver as well?

I have the "Access Error" issue as well. I've tried all the other ways already. Can you turn that one off the way you've done for others with this issue.

I appreciate it. Thanks

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @daknox2! Welcome to community!

Consider it done. When it takes affect, you'll automatically be logged out. If you continue to have trouble after logging back in, please let me know. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

ecarbone2051
Local Performer
Thank you for your help but there was no success. I have 2 devices on the account. 1 is a PC and the other is a Yamaha receiver.. Could you try to remove the Yamaha again? Is thereanything else I can try?
Thanks, user ecarbone2051
0 Kudos

ncsujeffc92
Local Performer
Simple. I click on Pandora on either of my Yamaha devices and it hangs.
Says "Processing login" and then stops. If I try to reset the login, it
says "Unable to Register Device". I'm unable to use Pandora until you
reset my devices.

This started happening in the past month. It's possible I did a recent
firmware update on my receiver, but don't think I've done that on my two
Yamaha WiFi speakers. Seems that when this happens it affects both
devices, as I'm unable to login either (which I have done before and do
regularly). I have a Yamaha RX-V581 Receiver and a pair of Yamaha WX-021
Wireless speakers upstairs.

Let me know what you think or need additional information.
0 Kudos

axelslemus
Local Performer

I'm having the same issue.  Can you remove my Yamaha device associations as well?  Thanks!

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @ncsujeffc92 and @axelslemus! Thanks for visiting community. 

@ncsujeffc92 I've gone ahead and removed the Yamaha associations with your account. When this takes affect, you'll automatically be logged out. In addition to this step, some users have had success with resetting their modem/router. Here are the steps that others have used:

1. Shut down your Yamaha completely;
  2. Unplug your modem and router, wait 10 minutes, and then plug them back in;
  3. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  4. Turn your Yamaha back on and try Pandora again.

Let me know how it goes. 

@axelslemus I've checked your Pandora account associated with your community profile and I don't see a Yamaha device association. Is it possible that you have another account under a different email address? I'll reach out to you in a private message here on community to gather additional details. 

Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

HoosierChris
Local Performer

Could you please remove my device association?

0 Kudos

StunterJoe
Local Performer

My Yamaha receiver is doing the same thing, can I get a reset please?

TannerPandora

Hi @HoosierChris and @StunterJoe! Thanks for posting to community

I've removed the devices association with your Pandora account. When this takes affect it will automatically sign you out, please be patient as it might not happen instantaneously. 

Let me know if you still have trouble. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

axelslemus
Local Performer

Please remove the devices association with my Pandora account. I am having the Access Error on my Yamaha RX-V677

Thanks

0 Kudos