cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yamaha Device: "Access Error" Message

YamahaMCuser
Underground

I'm experiencing  the same "Access Error" across all (3) of my Yamaha devices all of a sudden - I can play Pandora fine on my PC through web page, and on my phone with Pandora app.  This just started happening for no apparent reason.  Network access from my Yamaha's is fine as they can play Internet radio stations just fine. I can't even log back in/or out - the Yamaha just refuses to even try to connect with "Access error" . I find it difficult to believe all three of my Yamaha Musiccast devices failed at the same time, this must have something to do with my Pandora account?

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
366 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @axelslemus!

You may have missed my previous post. The email associated with your Pandora account does not have a Yamaha device associated. It sounds like you may have another Pandora account. 

Check out the Private Message I sent over for more details. Be sure to respond to the private message directly and not to post any personal information on the thread. Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

RRguy
Underground

Hi Tanner,

I am experiencing the same "Access Error" on my Yamaha receiver.  I can log into my Pandora account on the web and play everything find.  Can you please remove the Yamaha receiver from my account so I and re signin?

Thanks

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @RRguy! Welcome to community!

I've gone ahead and removed the Yamaha device association. When this takes affect you'll automatically be logged out. Please run through the set-up process again and let me know if you're still having trouble.

Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

RRguy
Underground

Hi Tanner,

I just tried to log back into Pandora via the Yamaha Controller app. I still get "Access Error".

The streaming services page said "Pandora signed in" but when I checked it was asking for email and password.  Even when I get the "Access Error" the streaming service page still says "Pandora signed in".  I'm guessing it's just an GUI bug?

Any other suggestions? Is there a possibility that the yamaha doesn't like certain password characters that the web service allow? Just a guess.

Thanks

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @RRguy! Thanks for following up. 

Can you try the following network troubleshooting steps:

1. Shut down your Yamaha completely;
  2. Unplug your modem and router, wait 10 minutes, and then plug them back in;
  3. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  4. Turn your Yamaha back on and try Pandora again.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

rtangi
Local Performer

I am having login trouble with my Yamaha receiver...please remove this receiver from my Pandora account.

Thank you

Moderator Edit: Personal Information

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @rtangi! Thanks for posting to community.

I moved your message over to an existing thread that I believe is related to your post: Yamaha - Error message: "Access Error"

I've gone ahead and removed the Yamaha device association with your account. When this takes affect, you'll automatically be logged. If you continue have trouble, I would also recommend the following network troubleshooting:

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

RRguy
Underground

Hi Tanner,

I have followed your instructions and have rebooted everything.  The Yamaha server firmware has also been updated.  I am still getting Access Error on my account when I try to sign into my Pandora account on the Yamaha Controller app.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Sorry to hear that, @RRguy!

Unfortunately, we've exhausted all of our known solutions. I've gathered your information and passed this along to our engineering team for further investigation. 

Apologies for the inconvenience! 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

RRguy
Underground

Hi Tanner,

Is it possible for you to see any error logs on your side when I try to log in from the Yamaha app?  Maybe that will give us a clue to what actually is going on. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @RRguy!

Unfortunately, we don't have access to the Yamaha app, so we won't be able to access their information to further troubleshoot. In the meantime, I would recommend reaching out to Yamaha support for further help troubleshooting your specific device. You can contact their support team here

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

RRguy
Underground

Hi Tanner,

I was actually talking about Pandora error logs. I was wondering if you could see if Pandora was issuing the error to Yamaha.  Maybe Pandora is not liking how Yamaha is requesting the sign in and giving the access error.  That would give us a good lead.

On a side note, I deleted the yamaha app and reinstalled it just in case it might have been corrupted.  I still get the same access error.  I also created another Pandora account which also gave the "Access Error".

It would seem that whatever Yamaha is doing to log into Pandora,  Pandora does not like.

If you would like to coordinate a login attempt with your engineers maybe we can see what is going on. Otherwise I will contact yamaha and see if that can help.

Let me know.

Thanks!

smurf
Local Performer

New (used) Yamaha receiver here with Access Error message. Can you please remove the receiver from my account? 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @smurf. 👋

Thanks for posting about this.

Your situation is a little different as this is a new device and there probably isn't a device association with your Pandora account yet. I've escalated this to email so that we can gather more details. If you don't see my email yet, please check your spam / junk folder to make sure it didn't end up there.

We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Danirobo612
Underground

I am having the same issue please advice. Thank you

0 Kudos

Danirobo612
Underground

All good now

TannerPandora

Hey @Danirobo612! Thanks for posting. Still doing good? 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Danirobo612
Underground
Hi! Yes and no.  It works after unplugging the receiver a few minutes but I have to keep doing that.  I'm at 15 minutes this time right now. Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
0 Kudos

TannerPandora

@Danirobo612 Other users have found some success with the following troubleshooting steps, let me know if you'd like to try this. 

The first step is removing the device association from your Pandora account. When this takes affect, it will automatically log you out and you'll need to go through the set-up again. Unfortunately, signing out isn't possible on your end, however, I'm happy to manual remove this Yamaha association for you.

After being logged out, the following networking troubleshooting steps may also be helpful.

Let me know and I'll get started. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Danirobo612
Underground
Hi Tanner, after turning off the tuner again, it finally isn't giving me any problems so far. I had read about what you sent and figure that would be the next step if it continues. Happy New Year!