cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yamaha Device: "Access Error" Message

YamahaMCuser
Underground

I'm experiencing  the same "Access Error" across all (3) of my Yamaha devices all of a sudden - I can play Pandora fine on my PC through web page, and on my phone with Pandora app.  This just started happening for no apparent reason.  Network access from my Yamaha's is fine as they can play Internet radio stations just fine. I can't even log back in/or out - the Yamaha just refuses to even try to connect with "Access error" . I find it difficult to believe all three of my Yamaha Musiccast devices failed at the same time, this must have something to do with my Pandora account?

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
366 Replies

RawFlyer
Local Performer

...and, thank you.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for the follow up, @RawFlyer! 😄

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

nicksizzl
Local Performer

Hi, I'm getting the "access error" when trying to log in via my yamaha receiver. Other sources work fine. Please help. Thanks!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@nicksizzl I've removed the Yamaha connection with your Pandora account. When this takes affect, you'll automatically be logged out. Can you run through the set-up and see if you're still having the same trouble.

Additionally, other listeners have mentioned that rebooting their network connection has helped with this issue. 

1. Shut down your Yamaha completely;
  2. Unplug your modem and router, wait 10 minutes, and then plug them back in;
  3. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  4. Turn your Yamaha back on and try Pandora again.

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

nicksizzl
Local Performer

Edit: logged in this morning and it works. Thanks!

Hi Adam, thanks for your message. I tried everything including network reset but am still not able to log in. The yamaha does recognize that it is no longer logged into Pandora. Before you removed the connection, the yamaha thought it was logged in (even though it showed the login screen).

Jenny_Lou
Underground

Hello,

I'm having same access error as others on my music cast app.  In music cast app, when I click pandora, it says "access error."  I've already tried shutting everything down for 10 min, rebooting modem, then reopening music cast, and it didn't effect problem.

Are you able to remove me from pandora (as it looks like you've done for others) so that i can log back in?

Thanks!  

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Jenny_Lou. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this, and sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. 

I've removed the Yamaha connection with your Pandora account. When this takes affect, you'll automatically be logged out. Can you run through the set-up and see if you're still having the same trouble.

Additionally, other listeners have mentioned that rebooting their network connection has helped with this issue.

• Shut down your Yamaha completely;
  • Unplug your modem and router, wait 10 minutes, and then plug them back in;
  • Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  • Turn your Yamaha back on and try Pandora again.

Thanks so much for your patience during this process. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@nicksizzl Glad to hear things are back up and running again.

If this continues to be an issue down the line, please make sure to reach back out to us and let us know.

Thanks for listening!

0 Kudos

Jenny_Lou
Underground

Hi there,

Alas, it didn't help.

I went in to musiccast, clicked on pandora (thinking I'd have to log in again) and I just got same error message I did before - "processing login. One moment please" followed by "access error."

I've also - multiple times now - shut down modem, restarted, then restarted receivers.

And still pandora wont let me log in.

I also went into music cast account settings in music cast app.  It shows pandora as logged in, and when I click on it I just get a spin wheel (other streaming services I can open, it's just pandora).

What do you suggest I try next? This is the only way I listen to music! Seems like a lot of people have trouble on the music cast app.  Let me know what else I can try!

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Very sorry to hear those steps didn't help, @Jenny_Lou. I've added your experience and information to an internal ticket we have open for this issue. We appreciate your patience while our engineering team works on this. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

Jenny_Lou
Underground

Actually, I just restarted for third time, and this time it woked! It's up and running again - so nothing furrther needed.  thank you!

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

So glad to hear it, @Jenny_Lou. I've still shared your experience on that ticket. Feel free to let us know if anything else pops up. 🎧

0 Kudos

Liederccc
Local Performer

I am having the same issue with my Yamaha receiver and music cast. Any help is appreciated. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Liederccc. 👋

Thanks so much for your post.

I've removed the Yamaha connection with your Pandora account. When this takes affect, you'll automatically be logged out. Can you run through the set-up and see if you're still having the same issue?

Hope this helps. Feel free to let us know how it goes. 🎧

0 Kudos

candydoc
Underground

Good morning. I am experiencing the same issue, after adding a new Yamaha RX a4a, my older yamaha receiver developed this access error problem. The RX A4A works fine.

Please help

Thank you

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @candydoc. 👋

I removed the older Yamaha connection associated with your Pandora account. The new one will remain logged in and connected to your Pandora account. 

When this takes affect, you'll automatically be logged out. Can you run through the set-up and see if you're still having the same trouble on the older device?

Feel free to let me know how it goes. 🎧

0 Kudos

candydoc
Underground

Thank you @Alyssa. I rebooted the modem and went through setup again, same error message.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@candydoc Your feedback has now been added to the ticket we have open with the engineers who are looking into this.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

devintrier
Local Performer

Hello -

I am having the same "Access Error" issue on my Yamaha RX-A750 receiver. Pandora plays fine on my computer, the app, and through Alexa, but the Yamaha will not play the music. The screen and artist/album information appears, but the music does not stream. I've logged out of Pandora and back in multiple times, and have restarted the receiver. Please advise.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@devintrier I've enabled a trace on your account to help us investigate. A previous listener had success after we removed the Yamaha device association from their Pandora account and had them sign back in. Let's try that to see if it will help. 

I've gone ahead and removed the association, when this takes affect (it may not happen immediately), you will be automatically logged out of your Yamaha. 

After this occurs, please try to activate your Yamaha once more. Let me know if you still get the access error message. 

0 Kudos