cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price Increase on Google Play for Pandora Plus

MtViewer
Underground

Does anyone know whether this increase is ONLY for subscriptions through Google Play

Pandora Price Increase.png

It appears if I cancel the Google Play subscription and subscribe directly through Pandora the price is still $4.99/month for Pandora Plus??

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update - 07/19/23:

Hi, everyone!

We were fortunate to have been able to keep the price of Pandora Plus consistent, despite the steady increase in music licensing costs. When we raised the cost to $5.99/month (USD) when upgrading through Apple and Google Play, it was a reflection of the fact that music licensing is one of the most expensive aspects of providing the service, and we're always working to balance these costs in a way that does not interfere with the listening experience.

I've noted your feedback about the affordability of Pandora for our subscriptions team. It means a lot that you care enough to speak up.

If you have any additional questions or feedback, you will need to contact our support team directly for further assistance here.

View solution in original post

20 Replies

OpenDbox
Local Performer

2023 Operational Price Increase

To Management:

"EURIKA!".. . . How about moving your company to a friendlier state and leave the costly California Republic? It will be inevitable, and $ave your subscriber$.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MtViewer I have created a ticket with our support team for you.

They will be contacting you privately via email to help look into this further, so please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update - 07/19/23:

Hi, everyone!

We were fortunate to have been able to keep the price of Pandora Plus consistent, despite the steady increase in music licensing costs. When we raised the cost to $5.99/month (USD) when upgrading through Apple and Google Play, it was a reflection of the fact that music licensing is one of the most expensive aspects of providing the service, and we're always working to balance these costs in a way that does not interfere with the listening experience.

I've noted your feedback about the affordability of Pandora for our subscriptions team. It means a lot that you care enough to speak up.

If you have any additional questions or feedback, you will need to contact our support team directly for further assistance here.

bluepen61
Local Performer

A 50% price increase?  Really?  From $3.99 to $5.99 per month?

I have never, ever been charged $4.99 per month by Pandora through Goggle.  The July charge was $3.99.

I fail to believe you can justify a 50% price increase.  Which is then compounded by the inaccuracy of your notice:  ".from $4.99 to the new price of $5.99...".

I loved MusicMatch, which is gone forever and accepted it's merger with Pandora.  That was a decade or two ago.  And I have never considered using another music streaming service.  Now, I am very disappointed.

Sincerely,  John L Kemmis

MtViewer
Underground

Wow. Sorry all. I was not complaining about the price increase on my Pandora subscription through Google Pay. The identification that "Licensing Costs" have risen would indicate that by subscribing directly with Pandora will eliminate the price increase. GREAT! Thank you.

0 Kudos

delwald54
Local Performer

Pandora Plus at new $5.99/month.

I got a message that it was increasing a dollar.  I intended to say yes.  I have had Pandora Plus for years and love it, but now I have commercials again.  Why?  What was I supposed to do?  What can I do to get it back?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@delwald54 I do see you have an open case with our support team regarding this issue.

If you have any additional questions, please make sure to reply back directly to the email they sent you, and they will be happy to further assist.

Thanks for being a part of the Community!

0 Kudos

GKCole
Local Performer

If I sign up directly thru pandora, will my subscription stay at $4.99?

AdderallBuyer
Local Performer

you honestly believe that would make a difference? How many companies headquartered elsewhere have increased their prices? All of them. Relax and go read a book

MtViewer
Underground
I have renewed directly with Pandora at my original subscription rate for
Pandora Plus. It appears Google Play was the one associated with the price
increase.
Hope that helps.

GKCole
Local Performer
I've benefited from the price increase, I own stock in Sirius but I am taking your advice, I haven't read a good John Grisham book in a long time.

Thanks for the reply.

Pray for Peace
But Train for War

Wtrboys
Local Performer

When doing that, does Pandora still have all your collections, Play lists, etc in tact?  I was just thinking about since I am though Google Play, just upgrade to premium and avoid having to spend 100's of hours starting from scratch?  Hopefully this makes sense as time to me is money so with a increase from 4..99 to 5.99 means then your just a few bucks from upgrading to premium.  However if premium through Google Play is also increasing then the 9.99 becomes?  Thanks in advance for the reply.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Wtrboys I have created a ticket with our support team for you.

They will be contacting you privately via email to help look into this further, so please keep an eye out for their message.

0 Kudos

Wtrboys
Local Performer
Thank you!

Wondering if just going through direct vs google play I see won't be
upcharge the extra buck. However I was also really wondering about
upgrading to premium which I'm highly considering.

Main ? I obviously DO NOT want to start from scratch, Time is money and I
have spent 100's of hours "fine tuning" so to speak plus I want to continue
so obviously main concern is being able to keep all that's been collected,
playlist, etc...

Appreciate the fast reply ! Hopefully I can upgrade to Premium, I am
assuming from others it seems best to go directly through pandora and would
remain @9.99 also obviously not have to start from scratch rebuilding my
collection ! Since it increased from 5 to 6 through google's play, a few
more bucks and I can upgrade directly then with Pandora from Plus to
Premium.

Best Regards~
0 Kudos

MtViewer
Underground
Yes. Entire account content is un changed.

MtViewer
Underground
Sorry, I don't use Premium.
0 Kudos

LR29
Local Performer

Why is my subscription price going up??

You are offering me no more than I have gotten for years. I was an original subscriber and this is how you treat me and many others who have been loyal for years?? Very wrong!! I don't even have a premium subscription! Give me more of you're going to raise rates! Give me a choice! 

0 Kudos

Regretsscum
Local Performer

Is there a way to receive a billing option to pay 4.99 a month? I received one and it was 5.99 and then I did not do anything because I can't right now I don't have a bank card. Then I received an option to pay for 9.99 a month. So I missed the 5.99. But I paid for a year and a half and I was in the hospital so I didn't use it. That's why I'd like to have a credit joining again on a lower price plan for premium. Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Regretsscum I have created a ticket with our support team for you.

0 Kudos