cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still getting ads with direct-billed subscription

H05T1L1TY
Local Performer

I just finally opted to pay for 1 year of Pandora Plus since I'm tired of hearing ads, and the price isn't too bad.  While listening to Calvin Harris Radio all of a sudden an ad starts up, after I've been opted into Pandora Plus for 24 hours.  As I type this another ad is playing, thus making it pointless to pay for your service.  I will be cancelling my subscription immediately after writing this post until you get things figured out.

I saw a related post which you responded with "you must be listening to a premium thing, and since you only paid for Plus you will get ads in the premium stuff" (paraphrased obviously).  Well, that was never my intent, and I should not be able to 'stumble' into a Premium section.  It should be made very obvious with popup notifications that I am leaving my Plus subscription region to play some Premium supported media and that ads will be turned back on.  Were I to give you money it would be for the ability to listen to music without ads, if you continue to make me listen to ads then paying you money is pointless.  And if you can't get the Plus version right, what incentive do I have to upgrade to Premium?  Thought this would be seamless given how simple my requirements are, but apparently not.

Labels (3)
65 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Mhalstead0412 Could you confirm that you are logged into your upgraded account on your device?

Sometimes, it may help to sign out of Pandora, and then sign back in using the email address associated with your upgraded account.

If you are still seeing ads after confirming you are logged in with the correct address, can you tell me a bit more about the advertising you are seeing?

Is it for a specific brand or artist? Are you hearing them while listening to podcasts?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

Mhalstead0412
Local Performer

It's durning listening to music from switching between songs, I don't listen to podcasts. Also, I made sure the setting was off for messages from artist. I logged out and logged back in same issue. Still getting ads. I did have to reverify my student account for premium just now so maybe that will fix the issue. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Mhalstead0412 If this continues to be an issue down the line, please make sure to reach back out to us and let us know.

Thanks for listening!

0 Kudos

lindab0628
Local Performer

Still hearing commercials and ads even with premium upgrade. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@lindab0628 Could you confirm that you are logged into your upgraded account on your device?

Sometimes, it may help to sign out of Pandora, and then sign back in using the email address associated with your upgraded account.

If you are still seeing ads after confirming you are logged in with the correct address, can you tell me a bit more about the advertising you are seeing?

Is it for a specific brand or artist? Are you hearing them while listening to podcasts?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

Mhalstead0412
Local Performer
Right now I haven't had any since Thursday. I am playing it now to make
sure I will update you.
0 Kudos

Elbie
Local Performer

Adam,

I am also experiencing this on the Pandora App on Android. Signing out and back in to my family premium account used to fix it, but it hasn't in the last few months. My renewal is coming up in less than a month and I'm considering canceling, since this continues to be an issue and I may as well use a free account if I'm going to have to keep gyrating to stop ads and now that gyration, logging out and back in, is no longer working. Any ideas?

I am logged into my upgraded account according to the account information. It happens whether listening to music or podcasts, but the podcast ads have been bad, easily 3 minutes or more of ads every 20-30 minutes. Some ads are separate from the podcast, like the gene therapy ads, but those are separate from the ads sponsoring the podcast and read by the podcaster. Also, when the poscast starts, there are 2 minutes of ads for iHeart and Apple podcasts.lol These appear to be separate from the podcast, like the gene therapy ad.

I noticed that the app doesn't respect my settings either. I have auto start when I open the app and auto start when I connect to the car turned off, it starts automatically anyway. Maybe the app is flakey.</P>

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Elbie I have created a ticket with our support team for you.

They will be contacting you privately via email to help look into this further, so please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

Doyle10520
Local Performer

I have the Family plan at 14.99/mth. I’m still getting Ads. I thought ads went away with subscriptions? How do I get rid of these ads?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Doyle10520 Could you confirm that you are logged into your upgraded account on your device?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

Vcimino
Local Performer

I upgraded to the premium plan but my app hasn't changed from the base pandora, I still have ads and skip limits, how do I fix this?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Vcimino Could you confirm that you are logged into your upgraded account on your device?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

Vcimino
Local Performer
I am logged into the correct account, the ads are just random ads for
different products or things, they are not the artist/musician ones. I'm
also not allowed to skip past the limit.
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Vcimino I have created a ticket with our support team for you.

They will be contacting you privately via email to help look into this further, so please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

dreamnest3
Local Performer

I have paid for a monthly subscription for years and suddenly today I am getting adds.  What is going on here?

Tell me how to fix this

0 Kudos

Jacobkeese98
Local Performer

I failed to update my card to continue my subscription and after doing so my app will not update to the premium app. I have deleted and redownloaded the app signed back in and I get the same issues. I know I have upgraded the correct account but I am still having the same issues. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dreamnest3 Could you confirm that you are logged into your upgraded account on your device?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jacobkeese98 I'm showing you were able to successfully resubscribe to the Premium Family plan.

If you are still hearing ads, could you confirm that you are logged into your upgraded account on your device?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

doboyle
Local Performer

I just heard an ad! I have been a member since 2010 and pay to NOT hears ads...what changed?

I pay for Pandora Premium so I don't have to be interrupted by annoying ads. Did your plans change in some manner to allow disruptive ads? Should I be looking into a different music streaming service? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@doboyle Could you confirm that you are logged into your upgraded account on your device?

Let me know.

0 Kudos