cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still getting ads with subscription through Apple

mrsjayme
Local Performer

Pandora App shows cancelled Pandora Plus subscription, but App Store still shows active. Was working this morning, but around 145pm I opened Pandora app and it says my subscription has ended. I didn’t cancel it.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
107 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@TinyDancer Could you confirm that you are logged into your upgraded account on your device?

Sometimes, it may help to sign out of Pandora, and then sign back in using the email address associated with your upgraded account.

If you are still seeing ads after confirming you are logged in with the correct address, can you tell me a bit more about the advertising you are seeing?

Is it for a specific brand or artist? Are you hearing them while listening to podcasts?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

Raelda
Local Performer

I upgraded to Premium this morning (my Apple account was charged) yet my profile is not showing  an upgrade. I don’t believe it was on another account 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Raelda I moved your post over to this existing thread since I do see you were previously upgraded through Apple: Still getting ads with subscription through Apple

If you were charged within the last month for Pandora Premium through Apple and are still hearing ads, you should be able to use the following steps to get your subscription activated and returned to your account:

1. Start by opening the Pandora app on your iOS device, and going to the Profile tab.
  2. Select Upgrade.
  3. Scroll to the very bottom of the screen and tap Retrieve Your Subscription. You may need to enter your iTunes password to confirm.

This should reapply your subscription to your account.

If you continue to experience issues with this, you will need to contact our support team directly for further assistance. 

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Jwooten210
Local Performer

I paid for the pandora plus subscription thru Apple but the app is not reflecting the change. I am still hearing commercials and the app still shows offers to upgrade. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I logged out and logged back in. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jwooten210 It appears that there was a communication error between the Apple billing system and our system. The error seems to have been resolved and your subscription has returned to your account.

Let me know if you continue to run into issues with this.

0 Kudos

Blacksmith81
Local Performer

My payment is saying pending for two weeks now

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Blacksmith81 I moved your post over to this existing thread since I do see you were previously upgraded through Apple: Still getting ads with subscription through Apple

If you were charged within the last month for a subscription to Pandora through Apple and are still hearing ads, you should be able to use the following steps to get your subscription activated and returned to your account:

1. Start by opening the Pandora app on your iOS device, and going to the Profile tab.
  2. Select Upgrade.
  3. Scroll to the very bottom of the screen and tap Retrieve Your Subscription. You may need to enter your iTunes password to confirm.

If you continue to experience issues with this, you will need to contact our support team directly for further assistance. 

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

seancostello88
Local Performer

I received reactivated my Pandora Premium subscription but none of my saved music is available, any way we can recover it

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

I moved your post over to this existing thread since I do see you were previously upgraded through Apple: Still getting ads with subscription through Apple

If you were charged within the last month for Pandora Premium through Apple and are still hearing ads or your Premium collection has not restored, you should be able to use the following steps to get your subscription activated and returned to your account:

2. Select Upgrade.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

WGMBRM
Local Performer

Our Pandora Plus account is through iTines. Why do we get commercials? Is there some way to fix this? Thx. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@WGMBRM Could you confirm that you are logged into your upgraded account on your device?

Sometimes, it may help to sign out of Pandora, and then sign back in using the email address associated with your upgraded account.

If you are still seeing ads after confirming you are logged in with the correct address, can you tell me a bit more about the advertising you are seeing?

Is it for a specific brand or artist? Are you hearing them while listening to podcasts?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

jaydenton2
Local Performer

Hey, would you check my account too?  I recently unsubscribed for a day but re-subscribed for premium.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jaydenton2 I moved your post over to this existing thread since I do see you were previously upgraded through Apple: Still getting ads with subscription through Apple

If you were charged within the last month for a subscription to Pandora through Apple and are still hearing ads, you should be able to use the following steps to get your subscription activated and returned to your account:

2. Select Upgrade.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

beyonca
Local Performer

i pay for pandora premium and i haven’t been able to use any of the features with it however it says i am a part of pandora premium 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@beyonca I do see you've submitted a message to our support team through our help page.

Please keep an eye out for their email reply, and they will be happy to further assist.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

Bird4713
Local Performer

Do I automatically renew? Why commercial’s suddenly appear?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Bird4713 I moved your post over to this existing thread since I do see you were previously upgraded through Apple: Still getting ads with subscription through Apple

2. Select Upgrade.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Dback
Local Performer

Hello, I upgraded my plan to be ad free. My card has been charged but I am still getting ads. I have deleted and re-downloaded my app. I have logged out and back in and even changed my password. No luck. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Dback! Thanks for posting.

I moved your message over to an existing thread: Still getting ads with subscription through Apple

I took a closer look at your account and while investigating made a small change that should help - you made need to sign out and back in for the changes to take affect.

If you're still having trouble, please try the following steps:

2. Select Upgrade.

If after the steps you continue to experience difficulties, please  contact our support team directly for further assistance. Hope this helps!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Sendpainbelow23
Local Performer

IMG_3852.png

I have had a paid subscription forever and it is currently still active. I’m not very happy especially because I put my son to sleep with Pandora on when suddenly he gets startled from an ad blasting thru the speaker 

0 Kudos