cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still hearing ads on Family Plan

rocksolid
Local Performer

I upgraded to premium family, added my family and all of us are getting adds.  I'm sure it's user error but how do I fix?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rocksolid Since you are the main account holder, as long as you are signed into your upgraded account on your device, you should be able to enjoy the full benefits of your subscription.

Could you confirm that you are logged into your upgraded account on your device?

Sometimes, it may help to sign out of Pandora, and then sign back in using the email address associated with your upgraded account.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

For the additional accounts you've invited to your family plan:

Our support team has informed me that although you've sent out the invites to multiple accounts, no one has accepted the invitations to join yet. Have them locate the invitation that was sent to them via email, and go through the steps to accept.

In the meantime, our support team has also confirmed with me that they will be sending you a separate message via email at the email address your Pandora account is registered under.

Please keep an eye out for their message, and they will be happy make sure you get properly set up with your family plan subscription.

Hope we continue to see you around the community! 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
36 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rocksolid Since you are the main account holder, as long as you are signed into your upgraded account on your device, you should be able to enjoy the full benefits of your subscription.

Could you confirm that you are logged into your upgraded account on your device?

Sometimes, it may help to sign out of Pandora, and then sign back in using the email address associated with your upgraded account.

For the additional accounts you've invited to your family plan:

Our support team has informed me that although you've sent out the invites to multiple accounts, no one has accepted the invitations to join yet. Have them locate the invitation that was sent to them via email, and go through the steps to accept.

In the meantime, our support team has also confirmed with me that they will be sending you a separate message via email at the email address your Pandora account is registered under.

Please keep an eye out for their message, and they will be happy make sure you get properly set up with your family plan subscription.

Hope we continue to see you around the community! 

0 Kudos

nimoric
Local Performer

I just re-subscribed last week for the family plan and sent my girlfriend the link and everything seemed to be working fine with pandora until yesterday and we began receiving commercials and now I am no longer under the family plan and it seemed I did not have any subscription to pandora?! I had to upgrade again and now what happened to my family plan package? Where did it go? Why did my plan change? Even my girlfriend is now no longer under our plan and she needs to upstage as well?? Can anyone help my sort this out please? And of course theres still no way to get in contact with anyone at billing or subscriptions here at pandora.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity, Format

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@nimoric Our support team has confirmed with me that you already have an open case with them - keep an eye out for their reply to your message and they will be happy to look into this further with you.

Thanks for being a part of the community! 🎶

0 Kudos

Bhamblet
Local Performer

Why are we hearing ads with our Pandora Premium Family subscription?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Bhamblet thanks for posting to community. I moved your message over to an existing thread here

I've taken a look at the account and I do see that you've upgraded to the Premium Family subscription, however, the invitations that were sent out have not been accepted yet. 

If you've already sent an invite to a family member and they haven't received it, make sure that:

1. You've sent the invite to an email address your family member can access (not necessarily the email address on their Pandora account);
  2. They check their spam or junk folder, as the invite may have ended up there.

Once they've received your invite email, they'll simply select Accept Invite, and either log into their existing Pandora account or create a new one.

If the family members don't see the invite in their inbox, spam or junk folder, I would recommend that the Master Account holder resend the invite again or try a different email that is accessible. 

If you continue to have trouble, let me know. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Bhamblet
Local Performer

We’re using it for 2 studios (not family members) and currently with the Covid-19 one of the studios is closed. Could you please remove the ads?

Brooke

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Bhamblet I do see you are running into a similar issue.

I took a look at your account, and do see you've invited two other email addresses to join your family plan subscription.

With that being said, it doesn't look like either of these invitations have been accepted yet.

In order for each account to listen commercial-free and enjoy the benefits of Pandora Premium, the invitations will need to be accepted first. They will then need to make sure they are logged into the Pandora account they accepted the invitation on.

Please check out @TannerPandora's message above for instructions on how to accept those family plan invitations.

If you continue to run into issues with this, please either reply to this message and let me know so that I can escalate you to our support team.

You can also contact our support team directly on your end here

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

Bhamblet
Local Performer

I do not understand why they have to accept in order for us to take full advantage of our subscription, which we are paying for no ads. Can you please explain this in terms I can understand?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Bhamblet That is the way the family plan works.

Upgrading to the Family Plan means that you and up to five other accounts can enjoy all of the benefits of Pandora Premium, while keeping your individual Pandora accounts.

Although an invitation may have been sent to another email address, it won't actually activate until they accept the invitation.

My guess is that you are signed into one of those accounts in the studio you are still hearing ads in. Make sure to accept that invitation, and that should get rid of the ads.

If you'd like to speak with someone on our support team for further explanation, let me know and I can escalate you over to them.

Pandora for Business:

It sounds like you're using Pandora to play music in a public setting (which is not considered personal use).

Pandora is available and optimized for use in settings like these through Mood Media, with features like unlimited listening, no advertising, and a media player that can connect to your existing sound system.

Additionally, due to the terms of our music licenses, the consumer version of the Pandora service (including Pandora Plus and Pandora Premium) cannot legally be used to play music in a commercial or public setting. Any Pandora listening that isn't personal and private, even for non-profit or tax exempt organizations, must be properly licensed through Mood Media, which fairly compensates artists, authors, composers, publishers and other rightsholders.

Use of Pandora in these settings is available only via hardware sold by Mood Media. To learn more or sign up, click here.

0 Kudos

CynQuick
Local Performer

My family can’t get Pandora without the ads thru our family sharing. 
??

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@CynQuick I moved your post over to this existing thread: Still hearing ads on Family Plan

I've taken a look at your account and I do see that you've upgraded to the Premium Family subscription, however, not all of the invitations that were sent out have not been accepted yet. 

This would explain why some of your family members are still hearing ads on their account.

I have created a ticket with our support team for you.

They will be contacting you privately via email to help get your other family members set up, so please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

sharaedavis
Local Performer

My family has accepted it an still gets adds what do I do?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@sharaedavis I do see you have an open case with our support team regarding this issue.

Keep an eye out for their next email reply, and they will be happy to further assist.

Thanks for being a part of the Community!

0 Kudos

means5009
Local Performer

One of my family members on my premium subscription family plan is getting ads...why?  They are using an iPhone...

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@means5009 I have created a ticket with our support team for you.

They will be contacting you privately via email to help look into this further, so please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

Eman86
Local Performer

Why won't it let two people listen at the same time on one account? I do have a family plan. I've sent him a invite then went on his phone accepted it. It takes me to the pandora app. Still doesn't let us listen at the same time it makes us play pandora tag. It's annoying! "Let me listen" "let them listen" choice is stuped. Should be done away with when you have the family plan. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Eman86 If that error message is appearing, then that means both of you are still logged into the same account.

I took a look at the Pandora account connected to your Community profile and do see you are the main account holder.

While you have sent an invite to someone, it doesn't look like they've accepted the invitation yet.

We've gone ahead and added them to your plan for you on our end.

They will now need to sign out of Pandora on their device, and then sign back in using the email address associated with their personal Pandora account that you invited.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

Sjohn69
Local Performer

I'm having the same issue, although I don't have ads...but my wife does. I added her and she has unlimited skips on songs but ads are still coming thru.

Did your issue get resolved? I'd like to find out how. Thanks

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Sjohn69. 👋

Thanks for letting us know about this.

We'll need to gather your wife's email address so I created an email support case for you. Someone will reach out to you via email to gather more details and offer further assistance.

Please keep an eye out for their message - if you don't see it soon, please be sure to check your spam / junk folder to make sure it didn't end up there. Thanks for your patience during this process. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos