cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch to Premium Family while on Google sub

Harquero
Local Performer

I have been on the Pandora premium plan for a couple of years and want to upgrade to a Family plan so my kids can create accounts.  However, based on the research I have done, I have to CANCEL my subscription on Google Play and then wait for the monthly subscription to expire before upgrading?  Can someone please confirm if this is the case?  E.g. there has to be a way to just upgrade the plan immediately.  thanks!

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
91 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Seangil86 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Switch to Premium Family while on Google sub

Upgrading to the Premium Family plan:

Joining or upgrading to a Pandora Premium Family subscription is currently not possible through third-party vendors (e.g. Google Play). If you're interested in upgrading to the family plan, you'll need to cancel your current subscription through Google Play and wait for it to expire.

For instructions on how to cancel your subscription through Google Play, check out the accepted solution to this thread: Manage my Google Play-billed subscription or trial

Once your subscription through Google Play expires and you begin to hear ads on your account again, you'll then be able to upgrade to the plan here.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Will you lose any of your content when canceling your subscription and switching to Premium Family?:

When you cancel your current subscription and your account reverts back to the free service, you will not be able to access your on-demand music collection or custom playlists. However, your collection and playback history will be stored in our servers after you join your husband's Premium Family plan.

This being said, you will have to re-download any content you have previously downloaded for Offline Mode back to your mobile device.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

tdt198820
Local Performer

Dude I'm here on a road trip... Trying to upgrade to the family plan I've had Pandora premium for like ever now and it's not allowing me to upgrade because it's saying whoop the whoop something with Google play.. well I'm driving and I'm getting tired of getting my songs interrupted can somebody please tell me how to upgrade to Pandora premium family plan while you're driving 90 miles an hour through Oklahoma

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tdt198820 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Switch to Premium Family while on Google sub

Joining or upgrading to a Pandora Premium Family subscription is currently not possible through third-party vendors (e.g. Google Play). If you're interested in subscribing to Pandora Premium Family, or in joining someone else's family plan, you'll need to cancel your current subscription through Google Play and wait for it to expire.

For instructions on how to cancel your subscription through Google Play, check out the accepted solution to this thread: Manage my Google Play-billed subscription or trial

Once your subscription through Google Play expires and you begin to hear ads on your account again, you can sign up for Pandora Premium Family here from a computer, not a mobile device.

*Please note that you must be at least 21 years of age to purchase a Pandora Premium Family subscription as the master account holder.*

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Kujo05
Local Performer

I just upgraded to the Family plan but can't find anywhere in the app or on my computer on where to add anyone onto the account as a user.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Kujo05 I'm showing your account is currently signed up for an individual Pandora Premium plan through Google Play - not a Premium Family plan through our website.

Joining or upgrading to a Pandora Premium Family subscription is currently not possible through third-party vendors (e.g. Google Play). If you're interested in subscribing to Pandora Premium Family, or in joining someone else's family plan, you'll need to cancel your current subscription through Google Play and wait for it to expire.

Once your subscription through Google Play expires and you begin to hear ads on your account again, you can sign up for Pandora Premium Family here from a computer, not a mobile device.

*Please note that you must be at least 21 years of age to purchase a Pandora Premium Family subscription as the master account holder.*

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

C84
Local Performer

I canceled my subscription on the 30th of last month it said it would end the first of this month I have been trying to subscribe to the family plan and my Google account says I have no subscriptions so how do I subscribe to the family plan if my subscription won't end on my Pandora but is gone from Google 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@C84 Sorry to hear that. We've made a small change that should help.

You should now be able to the Premium Family plan here.

Let me know if you run into any issues.

0 Kudos

rsg22
Local Performer

@AdamPandora I cancelled my premium sub on Google Play, it officially expired yesterday. I'm still unable to sign up for a family account - Pandora keeps telling me I'm still subscribed to premium. I went back to Google Play and confirmed that my premium account is both cancelled and expired. Please help.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rsg22 We've made a small change that should help.

You should now be able to the Premium Family plan here.

Let me know if you run into any issues.

0 Kudos

Nszcjohnson
Local Performer

I'm trying to upgrade to family plan but won't allow me to as it says I have a subscription on Google play. I have canceled my plan through Google over a month ago and it still won't allow an upgrade to family plan? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Nszcjohnson I have created a ticket with our support team for you.

They will be contacting you privately via email to help look into this further, so please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

XtheEdgeX
Opening Act

I've been a Premium member for a while, and my monthly subscription has been through Google Play subscriptions. I want to change to the family plan but am not allowed since my payment is going through Google Play. I have cancelled my subscription there and will make the payment to Pandora. I have questions. Am I not able to change my subscription now? I have to wait nearly a month until my current subscription expires? That seems to be the case, but I want to clarify. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@XtheEdgeX I moved your post over to this existing thread: Switch to Premium Family while on Google sub

Check out the accepted solution for more information around switching from an individual Premium subscription through Google Play to a Premium Family subscription directly through Pandora.

In the meantime, I have also created a ticket with our support team for you.

They will be contacting you privately via email to help look into this further, so please keep an eye out for their message.

0 Kudos

Casanova106dj
Local Performer

I had a family plan subscription. My debit card expired and my family plan subscription was canceled. I updated my payment information but I'm not able to enroll into my original family plan. Is their anyway that customer support reinstate my family plan subscription?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Casanova106dj I have created a ticket with our support team for you.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

edchambliss
Local Performer

Hi,

I'm trying to upgrade my subscription to Pandora Premium Family, but I've run into a problem. I've gone to the Google Play store (a week ago) and canceled the Pandora Plus subscription I had through Google. I have a confirmation that the subscription was canceled by Google. And, the previous subscription ran out three days ago.

Nevertheless, when I try to upgrade my Pandora account to Premium Family, it says that I am still subscribed to Pandora Plus via the Google Play store...even though that subscription was cancelled and the previous term has run out.

Any suggestions on how to "refresh" my data in Pandora to show that the Google Play subscription is no longer in effect?

Thank you,

-Ed

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@edchambliss I'm showing your account has now reverted back to the free service.

You can sign up for Pandora Premium Family here from a computer, not a mobile device.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Vidal
Local Performer

Wanting to upgrade to family plan. I cancelled my premium through Google play, but my premium plan runs through April 28th. Anyway somebody can change that date to be immediately, so that I can add the family plan now and not wait to the 28th?  Thanks for any help. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Vidal Our support team was able to manually set your account back to the free service.

You can now upgrade to the Premium Family plan here.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

jrblock89
Local Performer

i am having the same problem. i have had premium for years through google play. now i want to add my fiance but it says my subscription has to be managed through google play. i can't share my premium subscription through google play. so do i have to wait until google play cancels my subscription on 27 days? and then sign back up? super frustrating

0 Kudos