cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch to Premium Family while on Google sub

Harquero
Local Performer

I have been on the Pandora premium plan for a couple of years and want to upgrade to a Family plan so my kids can create accounts.  However, based on the research I have done, I have to CANCEL my subscription on Google Play and then wait for the monthly subscription to expire before upgrading?  Can someone please confirm if this is the case?  E.g. there has to be a way to just upgrade the plan immediately.  thanks!

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
91 Replies

jdooley09
Local Performer

Why is this the case? If we cancel our subscription we lose all of our music that we saved? I've been with pandora for YEARS. But this is just annoying. If I have to start over new, I might as well join spotify or youtube red. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jdooley09 When you downgrade from Pandora Premium to Plus or ad-supported Pandora, you will not be able to access your on-demand music collection or custom playlists. However, your collection and playback history will be stored in our servers for when you return to Premium.

In the meantime, you'd still have access to all the stations you've created and any podcasts you've added to your account including all Thumb feedback and added variety.

None of your stations would be lost as a result of you canceling your subscription.

Hope this helps clarify. 

0 Kudos

Sue_rae31
Local Performer

How can my husband and I have a family acct but not lose our play lists and other and l saved/downloaded music.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Sue_rae31 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Switch to Premium Family while on Google sub

Signing up for a Premium Family subscription:

Joining or upgrading to a Pandora Premium Family subscription is currently not possible through third-party vendors (e.g. Google Play). If you're interested in joining someone else's family plan, you'll need to cancel your current subscription through Google Play and wait for it to expire.

For instructions on how to cancel your subscription through Google Play, check out the accepted solution to this thread: Manage my Google Play-billed subscription or trial

Once your subscription through Google Play expires and you begin to hear ads on your account again, you'll then be able to upgrade to a Premium Family plan.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Will you lose any of your content when canceling your subscription and switching to Premium Family?:

When you cancel your current subscription and your account reverts back to the free service, you will not be able to access your on-demand music collection or custom playlists. However, your collection and playback history will be stored in our servers after you upgrade to the Premium Family plan.

This being said, you will have to re-download any content you have previously downloaded for Offline Mode back to your mobile device.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

CWBillow
Underground

I want to switch from Premium to Premium family.  Currently I am subscribed through Google Play.

Can I just cancel my current subscription and then re-sign up for the Family premium as soon as I cancel -- same day?

Assuming the answer there is yes, is there a vehicle aside from Google Play, like directly within Pandora?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@CWBillow I moved your post over to this existing thread: Switch to Premium Family while on Google sub

Check out the accepted solution for more information around switching from an individual Premium subscription through Google Play to a Premium Family subscription directly through Pandora.

In the meantime, I have also created a ticket with our support team for you.

They will be contacting you privately via email to help look into this further, so please keep an eye out for their message.

0 Kudos

Wesley02
Local Performer

I want my wife an child to be able to listen at same time im listening what fo i need to do

Everyone to listen same account on different devices at same time 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Wesley02 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Switch to Premium Family while on Google sub

The only way to accomplish this, would be to create new accounts for each of your family members, and then have them sign into their new accounts on their different devices.

You can then upgrade to the Family Plan, and invite those new accounts they created to join.

Once everyone is added to your Family Plan, you will all be able to listen on your different devices at the same time.

Check out the accepted solution for more information around switching from an individual Premium subscription through Google Play to a Premium Family subscription directly through Pandora.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

blawellin
Local Performer

Want pandora family, cannot get when your downloaded through google play. Fix me, I'm tired of this **ahem**.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@blawellin It looks like your subscription through Google Play has already expired, so you should now be able to sign up for a Premium Family subscription.

To upgrade to Premium or Premium Family, or to see any potential trial offers, visit this link from a browser. Please note you must be at least 21 years of age to purchase this subscription and be the master account holder.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Awwcool22
Local Performer

Similar thing happening here, wife clicks "accept invite" then the link takes her straight to update card/upgrade account" page. She never gets a setup her own login anything. What Gives?? My subscription page shows "Still Pending" for her email. WHY is this so difficult??

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Awwcool22 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Switch to Premium Family while on Google sub

It looks like your wife's account is currently upgraded to Pandora Plus through Google Play - this would explain why she is currently unable to accept her invitation to join your Premium Family plan.

Joining or upgrading to a Pandora Premium Family subscription is currently not possible through third-party vendors (e.g., iTunes or Google Play).

Before she can accept your invitation, she will first need to cancel her current subscription through Google Play and wait for it to expire.

Once she begins to hear ads on her account again, she can then accept the invitation.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Katiehammill
Local Performer

How do I upgrade on my plan..it doesn't give me an option for family plan

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Katiehammill I moved your post over to this existing thread: Switch to Premium Family while on Google sub

Check out the accepted solution for more information around switching from an individual Premium subscription through Google Play to a Premium Family subscription directly through Pandora.

They will be contacting you privately via email to help look into this further, so please keep an eye out for their message.

0 Kudos

Chelseastanley7
Local Performer

I had the family plan but it just expired. So I went to pay it again and I had to choose either the premium or the basic so I chose the premium but I want the family

So I looked up how to get the family and it says I'm not eligible. And I need to wait for subscription to end. They should make the family plan an option to choose from. How can I get the family plan now. Everytime I do something with pandora, theres always some kind of issue. It's so frustrating. I'm starting to question if I even want to continue to use pandora or not. Please can you help me. Thanks. 

0 Kudos

nancyjsmith42
Local Performer

Im having the same situations. I cancelled my subscription, let it expire .. I went to pandora online site and tried to get family plan. It says im still using play store and cant upgrade. Its cancelled. I have confirmation. Im responding in hopes that someone will see and answer us both. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Chelseastanley7 @nancyjsmith42 I have created a ticket with our support team for the both of you.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

Jodwop
Local Performer

I have a sub, I had one for many years since the beginning, non important. I want to upgrade from premium to family, but can not until this sub runs out! Seriously, dumb look on my face, what? Any way around this?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jodwop I moved your post over to this existing thread: Switch to Premium Family while on Google sub

0 Kudos

Seangil86
Local Performer

Hello, 

I would like to upgrade my premium package to a family pack. However i do not see that ability in the settings>subscriptions. It also happens to take me to my google play which offers no way to upgrade. 

My concern is if i end my subscription. would I have to pay additional the same month that i already paid for premium? Another concern is losing playlist or other saved radios? 

0 Kudos