cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch: Unable to control volume after iOS17.4 & WatchOS 10.4

DaveL
Local Performer

I use the Pandora Apple Watch app to control the playback of music from Pandora on my phone. Since I upgraded my iPhone to 17.4 and my watch to 10.4, the volume control on the watch is non-functional. Turning the crown causes the green circle at the bottom center of the display to grow or shrink, but the playback volume doesn't change.

I'm using the latest version of Pandora on both my phone and watch that includes the fix for the Apple Watch crash.

I'm guessing this is a bug in 17.4. But I'm wondering if any one else has seen the problem, if Pandora is aware of it, and if anyone knows of a workaround.

Thanks for the help!

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

✍️ Pandora Update (04.10.24):  Hi community friends! 👋 

Following a thorough review by our engineering team, we've determined this behavior with the Digital Crown volume control is not exclusive to the Pandora app and is instead an issue with the WatchOS operating system. It's been noted that this experience occurred intermittently before WatchOS 10.4 but appears to happen consistently after updating to WatchOS 10.4.

We've reported this issue to Apple and continue to work with them to advocate for an improved listening experience on the Apple Watch. In the meantime, you can still adjust the volume using the Digital Crown from the Now Playing screen on your Apple Watch. As always, we encourage you to keep an eye out for any WatchOS updates as this is how a fix for this issue may be delivered in a future update.

While we understand this issue is frustrating, we appreciate your feedback and patience as we work with Apple to resolve it.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
15 Replies

jaysonsaxon09
Local Performer

I am having the exact same issue. It’s annoying 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Note: This message has been Accepted as a Solution to flag the current steps and/or status of this thread. This post will be updated with more information as it is provided to the moderation team.

Pandora Update: 3/15/2024

Thanks for reporting this @DaveL and @jaysonsaxon09 

I've gone ahead and created a ticket and passed this along to our engineering team for further review and investigation.

If you're new to this thread and are experiencing this issue with your Apple Watch, feel free to post to be added to our ticket.

Please include the following info:

• iOS version:
  • WatchOS version:
  • Pandora version:

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Yusi
Local Performer

The same thing is happening to me

0 Kudos

Cfranco93
Local Performer

Same here. Volume control doesn’t work. Only on iPhone. 

0 Kudos

GL7
Local Performer

Yes, I am having the same problem with the volume control on the watch, latest iOS update. Now I have to use the now playing app on the watch to adjust the volume. 
Please update everything again to make my iPhone 14pro a very expensive high tech paper weight.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Cfranco93 and @GL7 

I've passed along your info to our engineering team. Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

DaveL
Local Performer

I want to report that updating my iPhone to iOS 17.4.1 did not fix the problem. I am hoping a fix arrives in a future release of either watchOS or Pandora.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for the follow up, @DaveL. Looks like @TannerPandora reported your issue to our engineering team, I was able to include your additional feedback on the internal ticket we have open for investigation. We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

0 Kudos

Jayman557
Local Performer

Having the same problem. iPhone 13 Apple Watch SE Gen 2 

0 Kudos

Derekjparkin
Local Performer

I am having this same problem, although I have been experiencing this volume control issue with previous updates. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

✍️ Pandora Update (04.10.24):  Hi community friends! 👋 

Following a thorough review by our engineering team, we've determined this behavior with the Digital Crown volume control is not exclusive to the Pandora app and is instead an issue with the WatchOS operating system. It's been noted that this experience occurred intermittently before WatchOS 10.4 but appears to happen consistently after updating to WatchOS 10.4.

We've reported this issue to Apple and continue to work with them to advocate for an improved listening experience on the Apple Watch. In the meantime, you can still adjust the volume using the Digital Crown from the Now Playing screen on your Apple Watch. As always, we encourage you to keep an eye out for any WatchOS updates as this is how a fix for this issue may be delivered in a future update.

While we understand this issue is frustrating, we appreciate your feedback and patience as we work with Apple to resolve it.

0 Kudos

Lemming
Local Performer

My watch auto updated and now I am also having the same issue. Watch os 10.4

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Lemming. 👋

Thanks for reporting and sharing your experience.

Please check out the accepted solution for this thread here. 🎧

0 Kudos

Tigohbiddies
Local Performer

Also having the same problem 😢

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for sharing your experience, @Tigohbiddies! I've passed this along to the appropriate teams. Please be sure to keep an eye out for any future Apple WatchOS updates.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos