cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio Quality Issues with Premium

shanerr
Underground

As advertised the subscription claims "Premium" members can stream at 192KBPS on IOS devices. Not my case, my desktop DAC shows only 44.1KBPS, while other streaming services show 192 and over.. IOS version 14.7.1 on Ipad mini, camera adapter out to SMSL SU-9 DAC.. All my sound quality settings in the app are set to High quality.. Been a paying member for over 15yrs and am a bit troubled by it..

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @shanerr. 👋

Nice to see you around the community space! Thanks so much for posting about this.

• For listeners accessing Pandora from a computer, Ad-supported Pandora is 64kbps AAC+, while Pandora Plus and Pandora Premium subscribers have the option of 192kbps.
  • On Android and iOS devices, ad-supported listeners and Pandora Plus subscribers get anywhere from 24kbps to 64kbps in mono or stereo, depending on the phone, carrier, connection type and - in some cases - the user's settings.
  • Only Pandora Premium subscribers can receive 192kbps on their iOS and Android devices.
  • Most home-listening devices get 128kbps - whether the account is free or paid.

Could you send over a screenshot of what you're seeing on your desktop?

Let me know as I'd like to pass your feedback along. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

shanerr
Underground

0 Kudos

shanerr
Underground

87698593-26E2-4BC2-9697-04137492316D.jpeg

34F31346-7921-4C55-A19F-67ABDA2D378B.jpeg

As requested

C714F86E-F66D-4813-AF95-7854B5954038.jpeg

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @shanerr!

I see that you've emailed our User Support team, but wanted to share here in community as well. If you have any questions, feel free to respond directly to the agent via email. 

In the photo you provided, it looks like your DAC is displaying 44.1 kHz (kilohertz) rather than Kpbs (kilobits per second). These are two separate units of measure. Although I can’t speak to the capability of your DAC unit, 44.1 kHz is generally the standard sampling rate for digital audio and is not a measure of bitrate.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

GB2
Local Performer

What is the kHz max for your 192 kbps bit rate?

0 Kudos