cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Listen Offline on Apple Watch

coach2
Local Performer

Ok  music played offline beautiful one day and now today it will not play on my watch.  Watch shows earbuds connected and offline mode is selected on watch.  I can hear the music on phone but not on watch!! Can someone please give me details on exactly what is suppose to be switched on/off on both devices.  Stations are downloaded and are on watch. Thanks

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @coach2. 👋

Sorry for the continued trouble.

Are you experiencing crashing on your Apple Watch too?

If so, your issue may be related to this thread.

++

Listening to Pandora Offline from your Apple Watch:

The Pandora app for Apple Watch supports offline listening for Pandora Plus, Pandora Premium and Premium Family subscribers. You can add content you have downloaded for offline listening on your iPhone to your Apple Watch. Please note that you'll need to keep your offline content downloaded on your iPhone within the Pandora app.

For Pandora Plus subscribers, we will automatically add your three most-listened-to stations along with Thumbprint Radio to your Apple Watch (as long as there is enough space available). Unfortunately, you won't be able to select or edit which stations are downloaded.

Pandora Premium subscribers, on the other hand, can download as many sources as the capacity of their watch will allow, including stations, albums, songs, or playlists.

To make offline content available on the Pandora app for your Apple Watch you must:

• Download your offline content to the Pandora app on your iPhone
  • Ensure your iPhone and Apple Watch are paired through Wi-Fi or Bluetooth
  • Allow Pandora to refresh in the background (Go to Watch app on iPhone then General > Background App Refresh)
  • Dock your Apple Watch on its charger to speed up downloading

When listening offline from your watch, be sure to use thumbs. Your offline content will automatically sync with your iPhone when your watch is charging and any thumbs you've provided will be recorded.

++

If the issue continues, could you provide me with a bit more information about your devices?

1. What iPhone model do you have?
  2. What version is your Apple Watch on? (Open the Watch app on your phone and go to General > AboutVersion)

Let me know.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.09.24)
0 Kudos

Halhakim
Local Performer

Simple dilemma here. I want to play pandora music on my apple watch without having my phone. My phone will be left in car. What do I need to do? Why is this a struggle...is it not possible?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Halhakim. 👋

Currently, listeners that begin their Pandora sessions from a mobile device and then move out of range will encounter a message that indicates that the connection has been lost.

• Apple Watch Series 3 or newer using the most recent version of our app can select Yes when prompted if they'd like to continue streaming from their watch.
  • Keep in mind that streaming independently of your phone requires cellular or wi-fi connectivity.
  • Apple Series 1 and 2 users will need to select NO and make sure to move back into range of the mobile device in order to continue listening.
  • When you move back into range of your mobile device, free ad-supported listeners should be able to automatically continue using your watch to control the app on your phone.
  • Pandora Premium and Plus subscribers may encounter a message indicating multiple devices are attempting to stream at the same time, you'll just need to pause your watch in order to switch to your phone.

Listeners that move out of range of a tethered connection to their mobile device will need to re-pair their headphones with their Apple Watch to listen to content on the go.

However, those using AirPods or headphones with Bluetooth 5.0 will not need to re-pair, since the switch will occur automatically.

0 Kudos

Halhakim
Local Performer

Yes...after separating from my device for like quarter mile, the message appears that network connectivity was lost...and trying to stream from iwatch renders the same message and the music is lost. Basically, cannot benefit from the ape watch when running without my phone which is a huge disappointment. It was my understanding that series 3 relied on gps and therefore cellular was seemless, unlike prior series where u had to add ur device to ur carrier. Again, would love more information or instructions on how to make this work or a call if possible.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Halhakim Thanks for getting back to me about this. Unfortunately, we do not offer phone support, but I'm happy to help over the community.

The Apple Watch will not automatically transition into offline mode when it loses network connectivity.

If you lose cellular connection during your run, you'll need to manually go into your offline content. If you're having an issue with offline downloads, I would recommend trying out these steps.

If you need to run through the troubleshooting steps, I would recommend connecting your phone and watch to a power source, close together and leaving them alone for a bit. In my experience, this often helps with offline content downloads.

0 Kudos

Nater286
Local Performer

I am also having the same issues. I have an iwatch series 6, I have pandora premium, and have tried all of the troubleshooting options to try to get the watch app to sync downloaded offline content so that I can go on a run and listen to music without having my phone with me. When I go through the steps, the syncing never begins even when connected to charging stations. Thanks. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Nater286. 👋

Just to confirm, you do have the offline content downloaded to your iPhone device. As you may know, you'll need to keep your offline content downloaded on your iPhone within the Pandora app. If your offline content is removed from the Pandora app on your phone, it will be automatically removed from your Apple Watch.

Do you have enough storage available on your Apple Watch?

To check how much space is available on your Apple Watch, from your iPhone go to the Watch app then General > About > Available.

I’ve enabled a trace on your Pandora account to help us better understand what’s happening. If the issue continues after waiting some time for the download process to begin, delete the app from your Apple Watch and then reinstall.

++

If you still have trouble after reinstalling, could you provide me with a bit more information about your devices?

1. What iPhone model do you have?
  2. What version is your Apple Watch on? (Open the Watch app on your phone and go to General > AboutVersion)

Thanks for sticking with me on this. 🎧

0 Kudos