cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: iOS: Music Stops After Ad Plays using AirPlay

davidacox
Opening Act

I have a similar problem (or it may be the same problem, but with an additional observation). My airplay stream will work fine until a commercial break happens. The commercials play properly, but when the music is supposed to start, the player on my phone shows that things are working properly, but no audio is sent to the airplay device. If I leave it in that state, the audio will start again after the NEXT commercial set plays. So it is as if the player as set is volume to 0, or muted itself between commercial breaks. This only happens over airplay streaming, and only from my iOS device. Attempts to adjust the volume does not have an effect.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
196 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Janettoole. 👋

I will private message you shortly regarding your request. Thanks for your post. 

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reporting your issue, @Wsuarez185. I understand how frustrating this can be. In the meantime, I've added your information to the ticket we have open with our engineering team. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

Brotzboy
Underground

Any solution this this issue. My wife and I are both having the same problem. Plays songs fine until and ad. After ad the music appears to be muted. Happens with all ads from iOS devices. Literally happens every 2 or 3 songs.  streaming to airplay devixe

My daughter is using an iPad air2 with iOS 15.5 and it is working fine. Same system and speakers that don’t work with my iPhone 13 with ios15.5

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Brotzboy Your feedback has now been added to the ticket we have open with the engineers who are looking into this.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

Brotzboy
Underground

From the chain of comments it looks like this has been going on for 2-3 months. What is the line of site to the solution?  How does this item get prioritized as more urgent?

Based on this issue we cannot realistically use pandora anymore and have switched to Apple Music streaming instead. Let me know when the issue is resolved and maybe we will switch back

jmoney1
Underground

I am dealing with the same exact issue. It's extremely frustrating having to exit and re-start the Pandora app so that it syncs with my Sonos speaker after every Pandora ad break. What's the fix here??

Still doesn't look like there's been any resolution here, which is extremely frustrating. Being forced to re-start the Pandora app after every commercial break makes it an unfeasible platform to continue using

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jmoney1 I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps once more: Troubleshooting for iOS Devices

If you continue to experience issues with playback after an advertisement, I can report your feedback to our engineers. Could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: 
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: 
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • Does this occur after a specific ad or does this happen after all ads?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

jmoney1
Underground

Has continued to happen after every single type of ad on Pandora. Not a specific type of ad. Forces me to quit out of the Pandora app and re-open it.

iPhone 12, Verizon, Software Version 15.6, Connected to WiFi (so that it connects to my Sonos), Pandora Version 2201.1.

Please help address this ASAP. It's extremely frustrating.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jmoney1 From what I am seeing, it doesn't appear you've ran through the troubleshooting steps I've sent over yet.

We'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps found here: Troubleshooting for iOS Devices

If you continue to experience issues after running through those steps, please let me know the new app version you are seeing:

• Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Thanks again for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

jmoney1
Underground

@AdamPandora I have gone through all requested Troubleshooting steps and I am still experiencing the same issues. The new version of the app is 2207.2

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for trying that out, @jmoney1.

Your feedback has now been added to the ticket we have open with the engineers who are looking into this.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

Psino
Local Performer

I also have this problem. Was it solved?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Psino. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're still having trouble with this.

This issue is still being worked on by our engineering team.

Could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: 
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: 
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • Does this occur after a specific ad or does this happen after all ads?

Let me know, and I can report this over to our engineering team for you. 🎧

0 Kudos

jmoney1
Underground

Nope. It was not solved. Moderators @AlyssaPandora @AdamPandora keep saying that their engineering teams are looking into it, but week after week, month after month, no progress is made. Best bet is probably to switch over to Apple Music or Spotify at this point, as it doesn't seem like Pandora cares much about this EXTREMELY frustrating issue of having to quit out of the app every time an ad shows up since it disconnects from the speaker.

Threejr
Local Performer

Appears to be fixed in the latest update 8/28. Version 2208.2. 
Running fine on my iPad that consistently hung.  

‘About time, and thanks for the fix.  

alexatn
Underground

No not for me. Just updated to latest version of Pandora (2208.2) and using latest iOS (15.6.1) on iPhone 12 Pro and problem still occurs.

0 Kudos

Threejr
Local Performer

Just tried it on my iPhone 13 15.6.1 and it also worked there.  All my devices exhibited the same issue before  

0 Kudos

davidacox
Opening Act

I have also done a quick test on my iPhone 12 running iOS 15.6.1 and Pandora 2208.2 streaming to an Apple TV via AirPlay, and for music played as desired after the add finished. I will test more when I have access to my home set up, but I wanted to put an early thank you to the Pandora team that has been working on this issue. I hope that alexatn sees an improvement soon.

davidacox
Opening Act

Looks like this is also working correctly now from my iPad (15.6.1) running Pandora (2208.2) while AirPlay streaming to my HomePod. So this looks to be totally resolved for me. Again, thank you to all that worked on fixing this issue.

louisa25
Underground

It's still not working for me. I have the latest version of Pandora with the latest iOS (15.6.1) on iPhone 12 Pro. UGH!!!

0 Kudos