cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: iOS: Music Stops After Ad Plays using AirPlay

davidacox
Opening Act

I have a similar problem (or it may be the same problem, but with an additional observation). My airplay stream will work fine until a commercial break happens. The commercials play properly, but when the music is supposed to start, the player on my phone shows that things are working properly, but no audio is sent to the airplay device. If I leave it in that state, the audio will start again after the NEXT commercial set plays. So it is as if the player as set is volume to 0, or muted itself between commercial breaks. This only happens over airplay streaming, and only from my iOS device. Attempts to adjust the volume does not have an effect.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
196 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for providing that info, @geerty

I've passed this along to the appropriate parties for further investigation. We'll follow up with you if we need any additional details. Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

monodave
Local Performer

I'm having the same problem as others on my iPhone (iPhone 10, IOS Version 16.4) using AirPlay : immediately following the commercials on Pandora there's a break in the music for a full song and then it starts up again. Essentially, if there are commercials after every two songs, my AirPlay will play 2 out of every 3 songs. I'm connecting to Pandora through the Sonos App.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @monodave. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're also running into this issue. I moved your post over to this existing thread: iOS: Music Stops After Ad Plays using AirPlay

Our engineering team is still working on this. In the meantime, I've shared your experience with them on an internal ticket we have open. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

JAdow
Local Performer

After updating to iOS 16.4 the Airplay / Commercial issue seems resolved. Have tested from iPad, iPhone and Mac OS. Music picks up right after commercial.

update: iOS 16.4 doesn’t fix the problem 

mod edit: merged comments
0 Kudos

pnd4pnd
Local Performer

how is it possible this issue is outstanding for more than a year? i just got an airplay device and running into this. i guess its time to move on from pandora.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@pnd4pnd I definitely understand your frustration.

Your feedback has now been added to the ticket we have open with the engineers who are working on this issue.

We appreciate your patience in the meantime. 

0 Kudos

marcus6685
Local Performer

I do not get why Pandora has not resolved this ongoing issue. It has been over a year now. Pandora was my favorite music app but now it's useless and has pushed me and I'm guessing many people to other music apps. This issue is costing Pandora to lose clients.

BOOBA
Local Performer
I'm beginning to think that right Pandora support people really don't read our messages.  Even when I use my PC to listen to Pandora, I now have to log in to get my stations; while before, my Pandora just started up where I last listened--with no login required.  Like someone said earlier, maybe this is Pandora's way of thinking to get more subscribers.
 BOOBA
0 Kudos

BCreary
Local Performer

Hi!

it has been almost a year since you marked this issue as “solved” even though the issue still persists. Are there any updates on the fix for this issue? It is incredibly frustrating 

0 Kudos

JaeGee
Local Performer

Same problem here. Pandora played on an IPad streaming to a JBL speaker via Airplay. Latest iOS 16.4. Loss of sound after an ad even though app shows that the song is playing. More than a year and Pandora can’t program a fix. Obviously it has something to do with the code for ad insertions. But if Pandora thinks so little of Apple Airplay users, I say “Bye-bye”!

0 Kudos

Rivertown
Local Performer

I am having the same issue with my wife's Pandora account, however not with mine when they are both run on the same iPhone.  So to me it seems like this could be account related.  Is that possible?

0 Kudos

davidacox
Opening Act

I agree that this is attached to specific accounts. I have been in the state where I have suffered from this condition regardless of what device I used. Then the issue was no longer impacting me for many months, and I was in that state on all of my devices. The problem then came back, and impacted all of my devices. I put more detailed observations in my post on ‎01-29-2023. On 01-09-2023 I made a guess that this could be due to some sort portion of the back end servers having an issue, but there has been no report back from Pandora if that has been reviewed.

0 Kudos

toolie
Local Performer

After taking a break since reporting this back in February, I tried it again recently and it magically and inexplicably works.  I've done nothing other than update my phone OS and Pandora app.

• iPhone 11 Pro
  • iOS 16.4.1(a) [it was also working on the version immediately prior to this]
  • Pandora 2304.1
  • Sonos One SL
  • wifi

I hesitate to celebrate, because there's no guarantee that it will keep working, but it's nice while it's lasting. 

AtlasHart
Underground
Yes, mine started working this week, finally. Been pretty consistent. Took over a year, but nice to have it back (for now)

dvflyer
Underground

After getting a notification of the new replies of this thread, I tried using Pandora again.  I'm happy to report it worked with no issues.

marcus6685
Local Performer

I am pleased to say, The problem of cutting out after commercials has been fixed. I can now enjoy the commercials and still listen to music afterward too.

TannerPandora

Pandora Update: 5/23/23

Hi all! We've received reports from other listeners that this issue has been resolved. I've closed this thread from further comments. If you run into this issue again in the future, please create a new thread and reference this thread.

Thanks all!

Pandora Update: 5/22/23

Hi all! Thanks for posting your experience with playback stopping after an advertisement when using AirPlay.

The Community team has received an update that this should now be resolved.

If you continue to have trouble, please sign out of the app and sign back in. Let us know if you're still having trouble after this.

Thanks for being part of community!

Pandora Update (04/21/22): Hi everyone 👋

Thank you for reporting this issue and sorry for the continued trouble. An internal ticket was created with our engineering team when this issue was reported. All information from this thread has been shared with the appropriate party to investigate. Thank you for providing details about your experience, as well as the requested device information. Please keep an eye out on this thread as any updated will be posted here when we receive them. In the meantime, we appreciate your patience while this is being worked on. 🎧

*Please note: While this is marked as the solution for now, this issue has not been resolved yet. Marking this as the solution will help other community members see the newest update from the Pandora team quickly when viewing this thread. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport